⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

🎃 The October fan mail is here! 🎃
Sign in to follow this  
opinion

This particular scene in the 911 video could have a deeper meaning

Hybrid AT

Disclaimer: The following post contains some triggering words about mental health. The intention of the post is to merely express an interpretation and analysis of a particular scene in the video so sincere apologies if this feels triggering and/or violating to anyone. Please let me know if it does.

Hello! :)

So by now we have over a 1000 d̶o̶v̶e̶s̶ threads about the 911 video analyses and interpretations but there is something about this particular scene in the video that's very striking and intriguing that I couldn't stop thinking about it ever since Gaga talked about the song in the recent CBS interview.

tenor.gif?itemid=18501336

We all know now how the different people and elements in this scene about her hallucination have real life parallels as revealed in the chaotic crash situation towards the end of the video. But I feel that there is another deeper layer and meaning to this scene.

Soon after releasing the video, Gaga posted on her IG that this was a very personal film and an artistically fulfilling and rewarding experience for her. She wrote that the film was "very personal to me, my experience with mental health and the way reality and dreams can interconnect to form heroes within us and all around us...Something that was once my real life everyday is now a film."

These characters are the different voices in her head. This scene is a glimpse into her cerebrum, her brain. These are the different, complex parts of her psyche.

– The head-banging person could refer to how she gets stuck in a moment when she's triggered and struggles to snap out of it. In MR she sings "head stuck in a cycle", which refers to her PTSD and a trigger loop that can quickly send her into a spiral that she describes in her 2016 BTWF open letter(https://bornthisway.foundation/personal-letter-gaga/) as "It’s like the panic accelerator in my mind gets stuck and I am paralyzed with fear.." Alternately, this could refer to her self-harming tendencies (In the Chromatica interview with Zane Lowe, she revealed how she would sometimes throw her herself against the wall just to get over the shame and the pain)

– The woman mourning the corpse could refer to how she misses normal life as Stefani pre-fame and how much she wants to go back to those simpler days

– The group of bystanders could refer to the part of her brain that knows when she's in the middle of an unpleasant episode or a panic attack and that is aware that she is spiraling out but can't do anything about it. She feels helpless and so just watches it play itself out. It could also possibly refer to the people in her past who just watched her as she suffered and did nothing about it

– The nurse and the paramedic coming in to the scene to calm down the two characters (the head banging person and the mourning woman) are the anti-psychotic pills that she takes to calm these voices in her head that make it difficult for her to function normally. It could also refer to her friends (and/or family) trying to help her regain control and comfort her when she is circling the drain 

– Finally, Gaga herself doing the "balancing dance" holding a doll in one hand and a box on the other could be a way to depict her trying to balance multiple things in her life and having to choose and prioritize from binary options – love or success, fame or normalcy etc. There could be so many different possible dichotomies that could fit here honestly.

x

IMO, like a lot of people before me have expressed here, this video is a work of pure art and genius. The way she collaborated with Tarsem Singh, the director of the video, to interweave the narrative of her own life and mental health struggles is nothing short of commendable and deserves the highest praise possible. The commentary, the references and the symbolism, everything works together brilliantly in this one short but epic visual masterpiece.

I'm so glad that she chose to share this with us and the world and that she's in a better place now mentally and physically, that she feels reinvigorated and believes in herself again and hope that she has finally defeated her inner demons for good :heart:

If you read through all of this and made it to the end, thank you! I'd like to know your thoughts on this and if you interpreted it in the same or a similar way as well :happy:

Edited by HybridAT
"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."
  • Like 12
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 11
  • Shook 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bonkers

What if it's even more literal and she just cast actors to play the LITERAL people that she interacts with in some other dimension or inner world she spends time in in her own mind. :wtfga:

These are the people she met after receiving her sine from above.

:wtfga::wtfga::wtfga:

EDIT: nevermind, she doesn't seem to like the voices in her head, and she would love them if they're real. :saladga:

Edited by Bonkers
Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hybrid AT
37 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

What if it's even more literal and she just cast actors to play the LITERAL people that she interacts with in some other dimension or inner world she spends time in in her own mind. :wtfga:

These are the people she met after receiving her sine from above.

:wtfga::wtfga::wtfga:

EDIT: nevermind, she doesn't seem to like the voices in her head, and she would love them if they're real. :saladga:

c673297f03129cf877bfb0b568fd51af.jpg

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."
  • LMAO 9

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
NoahSuns

Interesting 

Also when she sings "i have heard enough of these voices" she raises her hand in a way that makes the woman behind her stop singing

  • Like 9

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hybrid AT
1 minute ago, NoahSuns said:

Interesting 

Also when she sings "i have heard enough of these voices" she raises her hand in a way that makes the woman behind her stop singing

Oh yes, that too. I wanted to include that as well but somehow missed it. Thanks for pointing it out!

Edited by HybridAT
"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShesAMess

Actually I thought about this too because the way the song starts with the woman ”singing” and Gaga only starts when the ” I have heard enough of these voices” part comes. But it was only a brief thought so I really like your interpretation

Edit: ohh it was mentoined already nevermindddd :huntyga:

Edited by ShesAMess
Free my mind, ARTPOP
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
giskardsb
48 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

 

The group of bystanders could refer to the part of her brain that knows when she's in the middle of an unpleasant episode or a panic attack and that is aware that she is spiraling out but can't do anything about it. She feels helpless and so just watches it play itself out. It could also possibly refer to the people in her past who just watched her as she suffered and did nothing about it

 

They were also filming... a commentary IMO also on the constant need for people to document celebrities, take selfies, and also the thrill they get when they witness a celebrity being brought down or going through tragedy.

 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hybrid AT
Just now, giskardsb said:

They were also filming... a commentary IMO also on the constant need for people to document celebrities, take selfies, and also the thrill they get when they witness a celebrity being brought down or going through tragedy.

 

This is a very interesting and plausible interpretation as well. Thanks for sharing!

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShesAMess

Okay so I started to think this through more and watched the video for the 1000000 time :huntyga: and this scene 

867-EEBE9-2-BEA-4-E2-E-91-A3-57-D28-ACC5

is actually interesting if you include the ”multiple Gagas” how they all say ”please patch the line” and this almost looks like a ritual or something so is this like that she would finally get rid of those voices?.... but she is actually crying cause she is scared to let them go?

I mean I don’t know :huntyga: has someone already come up with something for this scene?

 

 

Free my mind, ARTPOP

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hybrid AT
15 minutes ago, ShesAMess said:

Okay so I started to think this through more and watched the video for the 1000000 time :huntyga: and this scene 

867-EEBE9-2-BEA-4-E2-E-91-A3-57-D28-ACC5

is actually interesting if you include the ”multiple Gagas” how they all say ”please patch the line” and this almost looks like a ritual or something so is this like that she would finally get rid of those voices?.... but she is actually crying cause she is scared to let them go?

I mean I don’t know :huntyga: has someone already come up with something for this scene?

I think so, yeah. It's her way of showing "my biggest enemy is me" as in, the voices in her head are her biggest enemies and are persistent to literally kill her and so, the best way to get rid of them is just to kill her physical self. At least that's what I took from it.

What is really genius about this scene however, is the transition from the hallucination to the reality. The way she has to get killed in her hallucination (both literally and figuratively) in order to be brought back to life in reality. It blew my mind away when I realized it the first time and how poetically it was depicted. This is the best summary of that transition:

On 9/18/2020 at 12:40 PM, Quartz said:

The Virgin Sacrifice - As dream world and real world collide, the vision concludes in a terrifying sacrificial scene as the pain comes rushing in. It's interesting that the knife that kills her in the dream world is the current of electricity that brings her to life in the real world.

 :worship2: all bow down to the Queen herself (and the director)

Edited by HybridAT
"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."
  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hybrid AT
9 minutes ago, Impeachment said:

do you think Gaga has multiple personality disorder

No. I don't think she does. She just likes to experiment and reinvent herself repeatedly with what she calls the art of transformation. 

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doot

I would say that I'm surprised to have noticed that 95% of all the interpretations on this forum that I've seen of the video is simply people tying the imagery to the car crash. 

No one really seems to have been talking at great length about the occasionally obvious  metaphors to her life which are present throughout the video. 

So kudos to you. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hybrid AT
6 minutes ago, Doot said:

I would say that I'm surprised to have noticed that 95% of all the interpretations on this forum that I've seen of the video is simply people tying the imagery to the car crash. 

No one really seems to have been talking at great length about the occasionally obvious  metaphors to her life which are present throughout the video. 

So kudos to you. 

Thank you Cap :fatcat:

lXVJtlLJNOrPp_-pvxc_RDEmgkP2WvSzqUXgqPHwxQdIaoQv-nBaiW77DUUlVsJkT9gVoiJiVLmcjKj2Ldgg7Wq1VdAvnwcNeQoEreMipk5aRUAzZFFKsip7ZVTA9hZny8tvkao2b5Fa-G99DZv4YWK_OTya

Also your new avi is everything :flutter:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doot
1 minute ago, HybridAT said:

Thank you Cap :fatcat:

lXVJtlLJNOrPp_-pvxc_RDEmgkP2WvSzqUXgqPHwxQdIaoQv-nBaiW77DUUlVsJkT9gVoiJiVLmcjKj2Ldgg7Wq1VdAvnwcNeQoEreMipk5aRUAzZFFKsip7ZVTA9hZny8tvkao2b5Fa-G99DZv4YWK_OTya

Also your new avi is everything :flutter:

Omg stealing that image too! :mark:

And thank you friendo. :ally:

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...