Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I Listened To Ava’s Album

joannesrats

Featured Posts

joannesrats

So I listened to Ava Max’s new album today. It was pretty decent, cute bops, but it felt familiar. Not in a way that she copied someone or it sounded like her old songs, but in a weird deja-vu way. And then it hit me:

Her album sounds like a fan made Lady Gaga tracklist come to life. The song titles and lyrics, especially. Im not sure if anyone else feels this way, and I don’t mean it in a negative way, but it just gives me the feeling that “Chaos Angel” and “The Witching Hour” fake tracklists gave. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
itsmebuddy

I tried to listen but a lot of the songs sounded the same to me :/

totally stream "bedroom floor" by it's me, buddy :D

joannesrats
2 minutes ago, gagapoppy said:

I tried to listen but a lot of the songs sounded the same to me :/

I think a few of them were over-produced, but it’s definitely a pretty solid debut 

4 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

Her album sounds like a fan made Lady Gaga tracklist come to life. The song titles and lyrics, especially. Im not sure if anyone else feels this way, and I don’t mean it in a negative way, but it just gives me the feeling that “Chaos Angel” and “The Witching Hour” fake tracklists gave. 

Now that you mention it, surprised mama papa wasn't included in the tracklist :poot:

Also her stans are very adamant on denying this accusation too, she is so 2000late :billie:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Did Cirkut produce most of it? My main issue is that 2010-Cirkut “pop sound” — the whole album sounds the same. The sole Redone song (K&Q) stands out because it sounds a bit different but man I cannot tell some songs apart.

TheSlash

I listened to it as well and it's cute, I guess. The "Heaven side" was pretty decent, but I couldn't stand any song past "Torn", tbh :neyde: . Also, while "Born To The Night" is actually a bop, I'm pretty sure this one sampled a German song during the pre-chorus - at least melodically. I mean, listen to the song, then this:

Listen at 1:12 . There also seems to be an English version, but as I grew up with the German version, anything else is blasphemy to me :bear:

Ew, David!

Cookie Tookie
43 minutes ago, brownie said:

Did Cirkut produce most of it? My main issue is that 2010-Cirkut “pop sound” — the whole album sounds the same. The sole Redone song (K&Q) stands out because it sounds a bit different but man I cannot tell some songs apart.

I think that was my main issue. The lyrics weren’t really an issue for me, because some were quite decent and clever, while some were less creative. It was more of the recycled-ness of it all. Melodies that have been used before, and literally the same drum beat copied onto 4-5 songs. My favorite song was Born To The Night, but that’s no surprise because it samples one of my favorite songs ever, so it’s really me liking the sampled melody. Cirkut is a great producer, but no risks were taken sound wise. It was an easy to digest, common pop album. If anyone wants to listen to the album, just listen to Belladonna, Born To The Night, Kings and Queens, Naked, and Salt tbh. 

joannesrats
26 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

I listened to it as well and it's cute, I guess. The "Heaven side" was pretty decent, but I couldn't stand any song past "Torn", tbh :neyde: . Also, while "Born To The Night" is actually a bop, I'm pretty sure this one sampled a German song during the pre-chorus - at least melodically. I mean, listen to the song, then this:

Listen at 1:12 . There also seems to be an English version, but as I grew up with the German version, anything else is blasphemy to me :bear:

YES

YES YES YES

I knew i recognized it and I used to LOVEEE this song but I couldn’t remember the name!!! It’s the exact same melody in the prechorus. 

ChromaticRaccoon

I enjoyed roughly half of the album 

The majority of the new songs seemed to start of really well... then just flop into a boring song (See: Born To The Night)
Then some other songs were just down right bad (See: H.E.A.V.E.N, Naked)

I did enjoy some of the new songs (See: Belladonna, Tattoo)
But overall the album was kind of a let down, especially when I loved the majority of her singles 

Agunimon
14 minutes ago, GregJA said:

it’s an alright album, I actually like born this way

This gave me "Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga. I think she's a really interesting artist." energy.

Archived