🎃 Spotify Playlist 🎃

Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

LGBT lawmaker confronts angry constituents in North Dakota

Lion Heart

Minot, North Dakota city councilwoman Carrie Evans is the only out lesbian elected to public office in the state, but apparently some constituents didn’t get the message.

Because when one resident took to the floor of the council chambers to complain about a Pride flag, Evans let him have it in one of the most epic political smackdowns ever recorded.

The city had planned to fly the flag during June but postponed after coronavirus prevention measures forced the cancellation of Pride events nationwide. Instead, realizing that festivals simply weren’t happening this year, the flag was put up earlier this month.

“So Mr. Walker, if you’re not aware,” Evans started, “and I think a lot of people in this room are not aware, and have come here just because this is a gay issue, I am proudly the first openly elected lesbian in North Dakota. So that is why I am not paying any heed to your crap.”

“This city is big enough for all of us. Me having a flag flying does not take away anything from your rights. But you know what it does for me? It shows me I live in a city that appreciates and embraces me, and my community. And I can live here and feel safe. That’s what it does. I’m sorry that it doesn’t make you feel comfortable, but we’re here, we’re queer, and we’re not going away!”

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/09/city-councilwoman-comes-delivers-epic-smackdown-man-complaining-pride-flag/

• YAAAS 3
  • Love 1

Lion Heart

Some woman claims the LGBT flag has led to riots and looting in cities. :lmao: 

• Thanks 1

Lion Heart

Mr. Walker sounds like a closet case. :sis:

• Thanks 1

RAMROD

The mayor should answer that guy that he would not be embarassed qhen their kids saw rainbow flags cos there is nothing to be embarassed of.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥

derpmonster

I'm queer, I'm here, and my body pain is moderate to severe :bear:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Daylight Jokers
25 minutes ago, Lion Heart said:

Some woman claims the LGBT flag has led to riots and looting in cities. :lmao: 

*some karens :ally:

• Like 1

TimisaMonster

Disgusting citizens...proud of her for standing up for herself

This is why I hate religion and it injects its venom into society 

Listen to my new single "Dance in the Flames" on 10/24/20 - Sapphire Phoenix

Batwings

The grey-haired dude with glasses is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far in the closet, he's playing grab-ass with Mr. Tumnus.