💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Bobby spent 18 months on the original promo rollout

Lighter

Featured Posts

Anderson123

I hate reading things like that, so depressing. So much potential and time spent planning ARTPOP and Chromatica then this stuff happens. At least Joanne had the Superbowl and A Star Is Born was a great era as well but just looking at the build up to a huge come back with Chromatica then for everything to get cancelled it's just so sad.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SwissMonster
2 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Ouch :bear: Really trying to nod and smile but ngl I really wanna cry :bear:

I just wanna add that I got DRAGGED on this website for saying that she should postpone the album to 2021 if not 2022 because I was sure they had a lot of stuff planned. All I got was shade and little managers saying “mimimi we want the album we don’t care about the rest”. Now look at the same people crying over this :bear:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

SchwineLove
58 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

Just stop attacking him from here on. The man puts so much into his job.

Also, the Bey Hive and Swifties are going to drag him for his comment on surprise releases. He can't catch a break.

Instead they should feel flattered, because their favs can pull a surprise album and still be succesful. I think it's more a flattering to Bey and Swift. I personally also think Gaga won't fit into surprise release model rollout. She's way too connected right now to the public emotionally, rather than Bey and Swift that still maintaining distance and persona to her fans and public (such a juxtaposition right with the hyper visual of Gaga), so it would feel weird I think for Gaga. but I dunno, we never really know if she won't do one lol.

1 hour ago, spamuelbtanner said:

If this is shade at Bey for releasing self titled as a visual album in 2014 after Gaga planned a visual album for ARTPOP in 2012, Bey released B'Day as a visual album in 2007 although not every song had a video unlike self titled. 

The way you read copy and plagiarism and immediatly thought of beyonce :poot: 

numb the flame
4 minutes ago, Runway said:

The way you read copy and plagiarism and immediatly thought of beyonce :poot: 

I thought of Beyonce because it's just what GagaDaily is good at doing. 

Jewels n Drugs

I get this but it seems as though every other artist adapted to the situation and continued promo but w Gaga everything just stopped and still to this day we got one (flawless) promo spot :air: its getting too late to "restart" a 4 month old album cycle.

of course im here for more Chromatica content tho and will be thankful for whatever 

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

TimisaMonster

Ugh...this hurts cuz if she had released this just a bit before 2020 we would have been fine but Bobby does work hard and I'm happy her pop comeback was gonna get the rollout it deserved ala BTW level promo style

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

16 minutes ago, Jewels n Drugs said:

I get this but it seems as though every other artist adapted to the situation and continued promo but w Gaga everything just stopped and still to this day we got one (flawless) promo spot :air: its getting too late to "restart" a 4 month old album cycle.

of course im here for more Chromatica content tho and will be thankful for whatever 

Yeah but article also mentions that she still (and her team) prefer to do traditional promo so what can you do...

Virgin Ryan
2 hours ago, spamuelbtanner said:

This "someone might get "inspired" oh yes oh yes like ARTPOP visual album concept" sounded very shady to me. Then again it is the internet so things can be read in the wrong way so my apologies for reading it as you being shady. 

No problem. I was just on my Wendy Williams mode on.

StrawberryBlond

As sad at this is, we've got to look at the positives. I'm immensely grateful that we got the album this year as when lockdown hit, everyone who was due to release albums soon postponed and there was no concept of how long the postponements would be as this had never happened before, we had no reference point for what to do. Naturally, there were rumblings of this album being delayed until next year. After waiting so long for it, this would've been unbearable but she bit the bullet and released little over a month after the original date. That's amazing considering that those who were due to release albums around the same time (The Killers, Sam Smith, Bon Jovi, Alicia Keys, OneRepublic) postponed their albums indefinitely. In fact, The Killers are the only ones out of that list who have since released (Alicia's coming this Friday and Bon Jovi shortly after) and they did so after Chromatica. So, out of all the names that were due to release around the time of Chromatica's initial release date, Gaga was the first to actually put out hers. And we got a smash #1 single during lockdown that has become Gaga's third most liked video of all time in just a few months. And the album has sold over 1.4 million copies worldwide, is that correct? And she is filming videos and trying to give us performances and, as we saw today, interviews and perfume ads. She's blowing past expectations for a lockdown album. Many other artists are not thriving in this current era and we all know who they are. There's nothing to complain about when Gaga's doing what she's doing. As long as we keep getting music videos at the very least (as other artists with less money and resources have proved, it's more than possible right now), I'm happy.

2020 will probably go down in history as no one's year officially but Gaga's making a pretty good job of trying, given the circumstances. I sincerely hope whatever the original plan was is the plan for the next album as I want to see this "greatest plan ever" for myself.

Archived