Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Can Gaga have a Thriller moment?

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

MadreMonster

I think what we’ll see as Gaga continues her career is that her star power lies in her persona. Not having the highest amount of records or the most awards... but EVERYONE knows who she is. She will stay relevant because she will pop up in new avenues and show that her talent isn’t only making pop music.

She came to fame because of pop music but she won’t stay there solely because of that - and that’s what I find so exciting about her.

She doesn’t need a “Thriller” era to solidify her place in pop culture.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RenegAde

Yes 

Can she create an album that is as aesthetically successful  as thriller  and serve 3 quality music videos ,  yes !

Can she create an album that was as commercially successful as thriller , probably not 

Chris Evans

in the age of the internet- no one will ever be able to sell that many copies again

Bad Romance/TFM was her Thriller. imo, the video has not been topped by anyone since it came out 

HermioneT
1 hour ago, The Clown said:

The era of big stars is over. Because everybody can stream whatever they like, it's very likely no era will ever reach Thriller levels of cultural impact. Heck, I have a hard time imagining any act within the next decade topping The Fame Monster, Teenage Dream, 21 or 1989.

This. Pop culture in postmodernism gets more and more fractured and individualized. I even doubt something like Star Wars or Harry Potter can happen again, especially as now people all over the world can access the internet and create content.

But she can become a living legend and I personally think she is well on her way to that. 

She / hers

TimisaMonster
2 hours ago, HybridAT said:

I think it's difficult for any artist to replicate Thriller's success but I do think Gaga is the only one who can come closest to replicate that if she were to re-peak again

However, I still don't think selling 20M albums is possible. Not in today's sales climate.

Katy says hi lol

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived