🚨 Watch the video for 911 🚨

💌 The September fan envelope is here! 💌
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Coons Smokes Primary Challenger; Republican Outsider Wins GOP Governor Nod

JRCF29

15elections-briefing-delaware-primary-fa 19895002_G.jpeg?lastEditedDate=202009152

Delaware voted last night in the final primary* of the season, and  it was a poor showing for Democrats running to incumbent office-holders' lefts. In the Democratic Senate Primary, incumbent Chris Coons, a Biden surrogate and more moderate vote in the chamber won nearly 3/4 (73%) of the vote against Brand New Congress-endorsed far-left activist Jess Scarane. 

In the gubernatorial race, John Carney beat back poorly-funded criminal justice reform advocate David Lamar Williams, setting him up for what is sure to be an easy general election victory en route to a second term. 

On the GOP side of things, political newcomers elbowed their ways into November contests; Julianne Murray was endorsed by state party convention delegates and touted her experience as a small business owner on her way to a comfortable victory over 2016 nominee Colin Bonini. 

In the Republican Senate Primary, Lauren Witzke advanced to challenge Coons in November. She is a strong Trump supporter and claims to be an ex-criminal who was addicted to hard drugs. Her platform is focused on family. 

Neither race is competitive, and Delaware's center-left ways will continue post-election

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • Sad 1

Mister G
1 hour ago, JRCF29 said:

15elections-briefing-delaware-primary-fa 19895002_G.jpeg?lastEditedDate=202009152

Delaware voted last night in the final primary* of the season, and  it was a poor showing for Democrats running to incumbent office-holders' lefts. In the Democratic Senate Primary, incumbent Chris Coons, a Biden surrogate and more moderate vote in the chamber won nearly 3/4 (73%) of the vote against Brand New Congress-endorsed far-left activist Jess Scarane. 

In the gubernatorial race, John Carney beat back poorly-funded criminal justice reform advocate David Lamar Williams, setting him up for what is sure to be an easy general election victory en route to a second term. 

On the GOP side of things, political newcomers elbowed their ways into November contests; Julianne Murray was endorsed by state party convention delegates and touted her experience as a small business owner on her way to a comfortable victory over 2016 nominee Colin Bonini. 

In the Republican Senate Primary, Lauren Witzke advanced to challenge Coons in November. She is a strong Trump supporter and claims to be an ex-criminal who was addicted to hard drugs. Her platform is focused on family. 

Neither race is competitive, and Delaware's center-left ways will continue post-election

I don’t know. I live here in Delaware and his now Republican challenger Lauren Witzek scares me. That woman is nuts and is running on the MAGA train. I actually liked Jessica Scarane but sigh I knew it wasn’t going to be a good night for her.