๐Ÿ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA ๐Ÿ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry says sheโ€™d be open to working with Blackpink

Teletubby

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Are you kidding me?

You really think these are the true indicators of success? How many people across the world know about Blackpink and not Katy? And how many vice versa? Hell, if not for Sour Candy, you could take a random sample of 10 people on this site and more than half still wouldn't know who or what Blackpink is. But everyone knows who Katy Perry is. She is one of the most successful female artists to emerge out of 2000s. She's the first solo artist(male or female) to have 3 Diamond singles in the US ALONE. Not to mention, she has sold over 125 million singles worldwide so far. To compare her success with Blackpink or any K-Pop artist on a global level, let alone US, is just ridiculous.

I didn't like what she said here or how she tried to throw shade at other artists with her statements and how inconsistent she sometimes comes across but I'd never take away from her the success that she has had so far in her career. She's still considered one of the biggest names in pop music globally, even though she has significantly declined, which isn't the case for BP yet. Those are just the hard facts.

Same for me. I am totally against what she said here, but I would never throw shade at her success. And I am not a fan of her.ย 

Thanks for pointing it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I'd rather her work with Gaga honestly :lolly:

Gaga would totally eat her up, chew her, crush her and spit her out with her towering vocalsย :selena:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

8 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Are you kidding me?

You really think these are the true indicators of success? How many people across the world know about Blackpink and not Katy? And how many vice versa? Hell, if not for Sour Candy, you could take a random sample of 10 people on this site and more than half still wouldn't know who or what Blackpink is. But everyone knows who Katy Perry is. She is one of the most successful female artists to emerge out of 2000s. She's the first solo artist(male or female) to have 3 Diamond singles in the US ALONE. Not to mention, she has sold over 125 million singles worldwide so far. To compare her success with Blackpink or any K-Pop artist on a global level, let alone US, is just ridiculous.

I didn't like what she said here or how she tried to throw shade at other artists with her statements and how inconsistent she sometimes comes across but I'd never take away from her the success that she has had so far in her career. She's still considered one of the biggest names in pop music globally, even though she has significantly declined, which isn't the case for BP yet. Those are just the hard facts.

What you said is the fact that livedย in the past. I bet there are more people knowing a new Blackpink single than those who knows a new Katy single this year. BP hasn't released their new album yet. It'll come out in October. When they do, we can then compare their album and singles sales. It'll be cruel for Katy.

Just now, SHayne said:

What you said is the fact that livedย in the past. I bet there are more people knowing a new Blackpink single than those who knows a new Katy single this year. BP hasn't released their new album yet. It'll come out in October. When they do, we can then compare their album and singles sales. It'll be cruel for Katy.

Um okay? If y'all really think that numbers and chart positions are everything to get your name as an artist out there, I have a bridge to sell you.

Of course BP will move more copies than Katy did for Smile, I never contested that. But are they as ubiquitously or globally known as Katy Perry? The pop star who is behind the biggest global hits of the last decade and a half including I Kissed A Girl, Hot N Cold, Firework, California Girls, Teenage Dream, Last Friday Night, Roar, Dark Horse, E.T. etc? The answer? No.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

1 hour ago, SHayne said:

Well she needs this collaboration to revive her dead era lol

Obviously, this comment got me a warning. My commentย is not racist,ย notย sexist,ย notย homophobic. So what the h*ll did I get a warning? I can't say what I want to say, because it doesn't please your ears/eyes? I thought if my comment is not targeting a group of people, saying nasty and untruthful comments,ย I had my freedom of speech. Obviously I don't have my freedom of speech. But honestly I don't care. I'm not going to check on this website again. I'm done with the tyranny.

Ok wtf Katy. BLACKPINK is not the only K-pop girl group but it's the most popular so you said you are not gonna doย it for the numbers?

With this contradictions no wonder people don't feel connected with her anymore.

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

18 minutes ago, SHayne said:

Obviously, this comment got me a warning. My commentย is not racist,ย notย sexist,ย notย homophobic. So what the h*ll did I get a warning? I can't say what I want to say, because it doesn't please your ears/eyes? I thought if my comment is not targeting a group of people, saying nasty and untruthful comments,ย I had my freedom of speech. Obviously I don't have my freedom of speech. But honestly I don't care. I'm not going to check on this website again. I'm done with the tyranny.

Wow. That's a bit agressive don't you think? Calm done honey, no need to be that upset. Want a hug?ย :kara:

Economy
6 hours ago, DonatellaPop said:

Looks like collabing with BLACKPINK is a thing nowย :green:

South Korea created their own Nicky Minaj :lolly:

MANiCURE1295
6 hours ago, Autumn said:

not right now. why do you think katy hasn't had many collaborations recently? commercially, it isn't a wise decision to hop on a track with katy perry.

as an incredibly quickly rising star in the industry, it doesn't make sense to collaborate with an older artist who's suffering from one of the worst commercial declines seen for decadesย 

This person hasnโ€™t even denied Katyโ€™s impact on pop music during the last decade so yโ€™all need to chill a little bit.ย They are simply stating the truth. BLACKPINK, at least, RIGHT NOW are the bigger hit makers, their last 3 hits have all charted higher than any of Katyโ€™s last singles.ย No one is denying her incredible run of hit singles and incredible impact on pop music the last 12ish years. But right now I agree with this person, Katy is โ€œcollab poisonโ€. I mean why would anyone wantingย a chart hitย collab with Katy?ย :smh:ย Sure maybe in 2011-2015 but not anymore.

I love Katy and have so much is her music in my collection including tracks from smile but right now....she would need a collab like BLACKPINK much more than they would need her. Thatโ€™s undeniable. They donโ€™t need someone like Katy Perry to get known by the GP, they are doing that fine themselves.

I LITERALLY just had a friend from college tell me sheโ€™s been listening to a bunch of KPOP recently and got intoย BLACKPINK...theyโ€™re getting more known each and every day and are easily out streaming Katy on a daily basis...those girls are comingย :pawsup:

TLDR; Just because Katy is โ€œmore knownโ€ doesnโ€™t mean that people are checking into her music anymore. Point blank. People arenโ€™t here for Katy music anymore. Her album was barely Top 50 for 2 weeks.

TimisaMonster

After seeing the lack luster songs that Sour Candy and Ice Cream are...i don't think they will do anything special together :smh:

Stream my new single, ๐Ÿ’œ"Heartbeat"๐Ÿ’œ, on Spotify!

FameHookah
7 hours ago, HybridAT said:

She's so contradictory sometimes, it's hard to take her seriously. Who collaborated with Migos and Nicki Minaj when they were one of the most sought after features at a time, again?

Bon Appetit was "so amazing, so authentic, such a part of a movement" right?ย :green:

Also con calma

ย 

She is a shady hipocrytical *** always has been, see this is why gaga ignores her.

ย 

End of

WTF is MDNA

I don't get her. One second she shows love to Gaga suddenly she says something shady/passive aggressive to anything related to Gaga.ย 

ฮน'ะผ ฯฯ…โ„“โ„“ฮนฮทg าฏฯƒฯ…ั sั‚ัฮนฮทgs

Cherry Blues
On 9/16/2020 at 9:27 PM, Hebi said:

but Katy you're neither doing number nor moving hearts with your music so what is the truth

When i hear I Kissed A Girl or Hot'n'Cold i'm and my heartย moved. So she MOOOOOOOVES people ๐Ÿ™Œ Love this songs...

DoremonLove
On 9/17/2020 at 8:17 AM, C1trus said:

I don't get her. One second she shows love to Gaga suddenly she says something shady/passive aggressive to anything related to Gaga.ย 

THIS.

Good gaga shuld stay away from her.ย 

How can anoyone not love gaga

Archived