Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Dune - First Trailer

Monster7

Featured Posts

GagaSine
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

I remember liking the plot and darkness of it

But the cheesiness and stuff that was off about it was just too annoying to me.

I mean the very intro with the woman appearing and disappearing while talking with that dramatic music in the background was trying so hard to be dramatic and futuristic ughhhh, took me about 5 seconds into the movie for me to realize it was terrible :air:

And a spice doing all those things that don't relate to eachother makes absolutely no sense what's so ever :rip:

I know SciFi is a genre that gets outdated quickly in production but even then, to me this was just bad

I mean this came out years after Star Wars! So yes the production value is not the best

honestly the source material is difficult to translate to film, it is very very dense  

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Temptation
Just now, Economy said:

I don't know about Australia but Canada's Netflix has Dune now :enigma:

I was going thru content the other day and then I saw it and almost screamed :triggered:

I may have to finally get Netflix, if that’s the case. I love 80s sci-fi, even when it’s bad it’s still good!

Like Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. It’s such a weak and cheesy film, yet somehow still iconic. The music helps, which is something many 80s films get right even if the film itself is underwhelming.

I’m just curious how David Lynch, a director more known for film noir, turned a cult novel into a supposed sci-fi disaster? 

Economy
4 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I may have to finally get Netflix, if that’s the case. I love 80s sci-fi, even when it’s bad it’s still good!

Like Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. It’s such a weak and cheesy film, yet somehow still iconic. The music helps, which is something many 80s films get right even if the film itself is underwhelming.

I’m just curious how David Lynch, a director more known for film noir, turned a cult novel into a supposed sci-fi disaster? 

A lot of movies can do that

I remember my childhood/early teens were ruined when A Series Of Unfortunate events movie came out and ruined those books

It's not even the fact that they changed half the story... The books were so suspenseful and tense... The movie was just goofy and childesh and the new Netflix series of it is even more goofy and childesh :madge:

Tv sometimes really knows how to ruin books big time

Reginald

I'm very cautiously optimistic that maybe this version will have a comprehensible plot, yet still leery of cash grab remakes 

Lord Temptation
14 minutes ago, Economy said:

A lot of movies can do that

I remember my childhood/early teens were ruined when A Series Of Unfortunate events movie came out and ruined those books

It's not even the fact that they changed half the story... The books were so suspenseful and tense... The movie was just goofy and childesh and the new Netflix series of it is even more goofy and childesh :madge:

Tv sometimes really knows how to ruin books big time

And I think that particular genres are harder to translate from one medium to another: namely horror and sci-fi. Creating texture and suspense is a true craft.

For example the film Hannibal that came out in 2001. Oh my goodness I was looking forward to it so much. And so was the whole planet, if I recall correctly. The book had just come out the year before and it was the first book I ever read outside of school! The book is seriously amazing. The story is the sequel to The Silence of the Lambs (1988) which then spawned the iconic 1991 film. There was so much anticipation for the new book and film. 

They even hired Ridley Scott, iconic director of the original Blade Runner. The result was unbelievably lame. Not even cheesy. Just awful and depressing. They left out key characters from the book, changed the dramatic ending, and made the story seem more like a bad episode of The Bold and the Beautiful than a horror-thriller. 

Then again, apparently the TV version of Hannibal from a few years ago is critically acclaimed, so who knows? I think so many factors can make or break an adaptation. On paper the 2001 film should have been a masterpiece. But so much was missing. Yet the TV version (which I haven’t seen yet) gets rave reviews. Go figure! 

Pennywise

Timothee Chalamet looks like a sickly Victorian child and I can't take him seriously as, like, a hero or something :messga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

GagaSine
54 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Timothee Chalamet looks like a sickly Victorian child and I can't take him seriously as, like, a hero or something :messga:

Yeah same, honestly I do not like his acting at all as well. He just looks dead-eyed in every role

Pennywise
1 minute ago, GagaSine said:

Yeah same, honestly I do not like his acting at all as well. He just looks dead-eyed in every role

And did they get Jason Momoa to play his FATHER or did I get that wrong? It sounds so wrong I-

GagaSine
5 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

And did they get Jason Momoa to play his FATHER or did I get that wrong? It sounds so wrong I-

Oscar Isaac actually! As if a gorgeous Latin man would have such a pasty whippet of a child lol :nails:

Pennywise
Just now, GagaSine said:

Oscar Isaac actually! As if a gorgeous Latin man would have such a pasty whippet of a child lol :nails:

That's even worse :air:

Anyways I'll still watch for my bby Jason 

Thomas P

The Timothée slander in this thread :madge:

King of the twinks deserves better 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

GagaSine
1 minute ago, Thomas P said:

The Timothée slander in this thread :madge:

King of the twinks deserves better 

I’m sorry he just doesn’t do it for me. And I usually love the pale skinny boys.

Archived