💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

I want more surprising song choices for high profile performances

ArtpopAct2

Featured Posts

ArtpopAct2

From all artists. I recognize this is way different and will never happen but imagine how awesome it’d be.

lets take for example - the highest profile performance any artist could do. The super bowl.

Imagine if Gaga randomly performed, like Venus or something there instead of one of the hits everyone knows.

I get how this may be a dumb question- but what’s the point of EVERY song being a well performing single? Like, say, Poker Face. Everyone knows the song, video and has seen it be performed multiple times. 

Wouldn’t it be so cool if Gaga had slipped in an album cut that no one knew. Like how awesome would it have been if, as fans, we got to see ScheiBe be exposed to millions of people and rocket up the iTunes Charts and hot 100? 7 years after its release and as a non-Single?

of course, having lots of songs everyone knows is good because that’s what they’ll wanna see but I don’t think anyone will be offended if they didn’t know a song. It would only help, and bring another one of her songs into the public eye even years after its release. Instead of songs we’ve all seen performed dozens of times. 

Hell, now that I think about it, that’s actually what happened to MR! The Super Bowl blew it up. 

I just wish tours weren’t the only place where you could hope for deep album cuts to be performed. I get performing what you need to for an albums promotional cycle, but I wish artists weren’t AS locked in

ArtpopAct2
2 minutes ago, LadyGoo said:

Sweetie, this fanbase gave up on surprising song choices during the Born This Way era :huntyga:

I mean this goes for like all artists.

the super bowl formula is Biggest hits + new Single that’s not as big but you’re trying to push at the time. 

It’s very artistically limiting.

ArtpopAct2

I guess if we really wanted to go crazy, my other idea was pushing singles from albums out a while ago.

like if during Gaga’s music-less 2019, she sent a deep cut from an old album to radio and filmed a video for it:vegas:

id feel so shitty as an artist if I got a cool idea for a performance and video of an old album non-Single and couldn’t execute it because the era was over

selenalavigne
1 minute ago, ARTPOPAct2 said:

I guess if we really wanted to go crazy, my other idea was pushing singles from albums out a while ago.

like if during Gaga’s music-less 2019, she sent a deep cut from an old album to radio and filmed a video for it:vegas:

some artists actually do this and it's really cool.

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

ArtpopAct2
Just now, MANiCURE 6 said:

Well she has just performed "911" at the VMA's so I guess that a surprising choice ! :firega:

True! Not as surprising as what I was going for though, if she had started with Venus for the whole “take me to your planet” thing with Chromatica, that’s more what I’m talking about :firega:

ArtpopAct2
4 minutes ago, selenalavigne said:

some artists actually do this and it's really cool.

Yes a Kesha Cannibal lyric video in 2020 because it blew up on tik tok tease, but... better:vegas:

MANiCURE 6
1 minute ago, ARTPOPAct2 said:

True! Not as surprising as what I was going for though, if she had started with Venus for the whole “take me to your planet” thing with Chromatica, that’s more what I’m talking about :firega:

Kinda delusional but I got your idea :)

ArtpopAct2
1 minute ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

Kinda delusional but I got your idea :)

Exactly, the point of my thread is that it’s delusional but I wish it didn’t have to be:vegas:

ArtpopAct2

I mean I know as a fan, when listening to an artists music, I’m in the mood for different eras at different times. It’s not like I’m only into Chromatica when it comes out, only Joanne when it came out, only ARTPOP when it came out. I’ll randomly get inspired by ARTPOP at any time. And I feel like that’s how most people are.

Meanwhile The promotional process for the music industry assumes that artists are always in the mode 100% for whatever era they’re in. I just don’t believe that’s the case. It can’t be. If I was an artist, I’d think I’d look back and randomly get inspired by one of my old songs and go “wow I could do something cool with that!” 

thus I come to the conclusion that there’s no way this process isn’t artistically limiting, yet it’s the one that most mainstream popular artists adhere to. It saddens me. 

Jose P
12 minutes ago, ARTPOPAct2 said:

Well yeah but remember the VMAs was a promo spot for her. There’s no way she was going to perform something from another album that’s not Chromatica. Same with the Super Bowl, she performed MR because it was basically a Joanne promo spot. You’re right, these events ARE pretty limiting. It’s not a concert, it’s an event and they have to cram a limited amount of songs that the locals will enjoy, plus one other song they want to push but it will obviously be from the current album. No point in pushing a deep cut from another album when they’re currently promoting a newer one.

Archived