Smile debuts at #5

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic
52 minutes ago, pop ate my heart said:

yes the rollout was a mess, but the main reason is the music, let's be real. it's plain, forgettable, and doesn't show ANY growth or evolution whatsoever. she literally said proudly that it's 'a mixture of TD and Prism'.... like girl, can you come up with something else? the gp AND most of the fanbase outgrew her, and i'm glad they did. This will hopefully light a fire up her a's to try a little harder and evolve artistically

Maybe thats the music she just likes to make? I dunno why people are so insistent on her changing all the time. She seems happy with the product, a majority of the fans are happy, her sales are decent and what some other artists would love to achieve. It's all a win-win, no need to force her to do something :shrug:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

ItWasntLaauv

Y’all are acting like #5 is a death sentence or sumn, it’s not that deep. She still made top 5, that’s still good.

pop ate my heart
14 minutes ago, Dominic said:

Maybe thats the music she just likes to make? I dunno why people are so insistent on her changing all the time. She seems happy with the product, a majority of the fans are happy, her sales are decent and what some other artists would love to achieve. It's all a win-win, no need to force her to do something :shrug:

one thing about good artists is that they evolve in one way or another, and that can mean many things, not only in terms of changing their sound or reinventing themselves. it can also be more about being a better version of one's self, not solely for other people to like you, but also for the self-realization of the artist for staying authentic. and people can sense that. that's just my opinion. with this album, there's no noticeable evolution, and that we all know.

but anyway, whether she's proud of her art rn or not is not even what we're talking about. we're talking about the people's reception of it, which was mostly bad. we're all trying to say that if she wants to click with the public AND the critics, which didn't happen (not saying she cares tho), she should grow as an artist in one way or another. it's just the way it is, she can do whatever tho

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

Red Velvet
30 minutes ago, GagaTheExplorer said:

and even not too long ago

kind of funny how blackpink's album already outsold smile with pre orders

I'm like some kind of supernova

rasclautmangos
23 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

It’s very good for a non-promoted, no features album. :applause:

Non-promoted? Didn't Katy due like 10 performances while pregnant during a quarantine? She also put out several videos. 

LORD GAGA
1 hour ago, rasclautmangos said:

I don't understand how she didn't pull at least 100,000. She has millions of followers. Like 3 times more followers than Gaga. Why aren't they buying her stuff? 

Fake @ss fans. 

The followers are mostly from false accounts during her ‘big artist’ phase.... likely bought by the record label to compete with Gaga... they can’t buy the music. 

HausOfAntonio
1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah no, Joanne did 201k before ASIB and before Superbowl. Stop acting as if Gaga's career ever was in a situation as bad as this. 

THIS! People forget Gaga, even at her lowest, was never literally IRRELEVANT like Katy is now, the poor woman:billie:

Nothing against her though, I still wish her well. Focus on her family and heal mentally and emotionally. 

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

Only 5k more than Kesha's last album :rip: Where are her fans?

theyre on Chromatica

BYE

LORD GAGA

I bought the album on vinyl (twice) and the single daisies on vinyl (3 times) it’s annoying it hasn’t done better but, I’m sure she can maybe in the future. I just hope it doesn’t fall a lot next week and so on. 

gypsy101
2 hours ago, rasclautmangos said:

I don't understand how she didn't pull at least 100,000. She has millions of followers. Like 3 times more followers than Gaga. Why aren't they buying her stuff? 

Fake @ss fans. 

she has a lot of bot followers 

ICouldntThinkOfOne
1 hour ago, ThisGuyTony said:

It’s very good for a non-promoted, no features album. :applause:

Non-promoted? of all the albums released this year, it got the most promotion. Regular performances, multiple copies, tons of videos.....

• Glamourpuss locked this topic

Archived