💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Smile debuts at #5

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

Lorde Von Kok

:rip:

At least, she seems happy and in peace, that's the important. 

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pop ate my heart
28 minutes ago, AMENiCURE said:

first kesha with high road and now her with frown :( it’s weird to see an a lister doing such numbers... her label is to be blamed for this 

yes the rollout was a mess, but the main reason is the music, let's be real. it's plain, forgettable, and doesn't show ANY growth or evolution whatsoever. she literally said proudly that it's 'a mixture of TD and Prism'.... like girl, can you come up with something else? the gp AND most of the fanbase outgrew her, and i'm glad they did. This will hopefully light a fire up her a's to try a little harder and evolve artistically

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

Wow! :party:

Imagine scoring a #1... now that’d be sad, wouldn’t it? 5 is a greater number. :whitney:

“My new album debuted at #1” the words of a flop. Not even a #2 lmao. A #1... :lmao:

5>1

pop ate my heart
26 minutes ago, 7982BRICK said:

To any LM that makes a joke about this remember that this could have been us without ASIB.

don't be so sure about that tho... gaga actually showed a different sound, different aesthetic, evolved artistically and had huge collabs no one expected... let's not credit Chromatica's success to ASIB ;) It could've been a flop regardless, but it wasn't :ohwell:

PLUS Chromatica is actually a GOOD, universally acclaimed album tf

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

5 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Only 5k more than Kesha's last album :rip: Where are her fans?

Probably grew up and moved on 

If I like it, then that's what I get!

Nosferatu
38 minutes ago, 7982BRICK said:

To any LM that makes a joke about this remember that this could have been us without ASIB.

Yeah no, Joanne did 201k before ASIB and before Superbowl. Stop acting as if Gaga's career ever was in a situation as bad as this. 

TheQueenEnthusiast

Honestly, the early 2010s pop stars/titans are just dying out. You literally have to be versatile to stay relevant within the industry nowadays. The music industry did a full 180. The only girls that managed to stay relevant from the past electro-dance pop era is Gaga, Rihanna, and Beyoncé. Everything they're making now sounds nothing like what they were making before. ASIB + Joanne compared to TFM and BTW, Lemonade and BIK compared to 4 and I am...Sasha Fierce, ANTI and her upcoming reggae album compared to LOUD and Talk that talk. Adaptation is key and I don't think Smile does that at all. 

GagaTheExplorer

I wanted to feel sorry for her, but I cannot after what they did to us back in day

and even not too long ago

this is just karma doing her thing

The Idler Wheel

This is what happens when you don't evolve as an artist, or even attempt to market yourself to your fanbase that grew up ten years ago

7982BRICK

Not me coming back and low key getting dragged cause of my previous post. :madge:

I think what I was trying to say is that Smile underperformed cause GP doesn’t care about Katy. ASIB definitely made Gaga more relevant to the GP and it shows in Chromatica. Even without the GP we would have out debited smile but Gaga relevancy to GP certainly would have gone down. 

pedrohemg
49 minutes ago, Blue Lagoon said:

Happy that Katy is at least still in top 5 

smile is a good album 

cant wait for kp6

This comment doesn't make sense. There's no "without ASIB". ASIB is part of her career because she deserved it. Katy wouldn't be able to do it, because she's limited. And there was no guarantee that ASIB would be such a successful movie, but Gaga made it be. 

BUtterfield 8
1 minute ago, pedrohemg said:

This comment doesn't make sense. There's no "without ASIB". ASIB is part of her career because she deserved it. Katy wouldn't be able to do it, because she's limited. And there was no guarantee that ASIB would be such a successful movie, but Gaga made it be. 

Did you quote the wrong person :selena:

• Glamourpuss locked this topic

Archived