Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

"Sexxx Dreams" was planned to be the lead single of ARTPOP

MiQuenDroid

Featured Posts

Chesescake

Didn't Applause would be scrapped initially? I think Sexxx Dream isn't a good single material too but I always thought she don't like Applause.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seryabkina
3 minutes ago, spamuelbtanner said:

I could never picture Sexxx Dreams as the lead from ARTPOP. Applause was the best choicer the lead even though I preferred Aura. 

imagine if they have went with Sex Dreams (feat Robin Thicke) as it was considered at one point, as the lead single tho nnn

Pop Music

I mean it is top 3 from the best album of all time so like I would have wanted, but Applause was honestly the correct choice. Not my absolute favorite from ARTPOP but a great lead!

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Spock
4 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

Aura happening was heavily dependent on if they could get Beyonce to be involved (most likely a cameo only).

Is there a source for this? Because to me the fact that she kills her “former” like two seconds in the song was so that they didn’t have to get Beyoncé

and in a radio interview (Australian I think) Gaga confirmed that Aura was the Telephone continuation. So they most likely planned it but pulled the plug along with so many other stuff once things got very messy with her team

who will love me when the night is over

Mr Judas

Wait it might have done better than applause, even tho i stan applause.
With an amazing video it would have been great tbh.

Ronnie
2 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

All three of the songs were under consideration, but Applause won in the end. Aura happening was heavily dependent on if they could get Beyonce to be involved (most likely a cameo only).

Beyoncé would never agree to be a part of a song that “kills her”. I’ve given up hope that we’ll ever get a continuation of that story but still holding out for a live performances of Telephone by both of them before I die.

Thank God it didn't end up that way. 

Sexxx Dreams is alright imo. 

Applause is one of the best on the album imo. 

MiQuenDroid
3 minutes ago, Admin said:

That song has a 10/10 chorus and 1/10 verses.

When I lay in bed I touch myself and think of you :teehee:

All I ever wanted was love...

MiQuenDroid
Just now, Doot said:

Thank God it didn't end up that way. 

Sexxx Dreams is alright imo. 

Applause is one of the best on the album imo. 

This song is so meanful after her hip injury! 

All I ever wanted was love...

27monster27
2 minutes ago, Spock said:

Is there a source for this? Because to me the fact that she kills her “former” like two seconds in the song was so that they didn’t have to get Beyoncé

and in a radio interview (Australian I think) Gaga confirmed that Aura was the Telephone continuation. So they most likely planned it but pulled the plug along with so many other stuff once things got very messy with her team

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Beyoncé would never agree to be a part of a song that “kills her”. I’ve given up hope that we’ll ever get a continuation of that story but still holding out for a live performances of Telephone by both of them before I die.

Lady Gaga said sometime in 2013 (don't know where/when) that they asked to work with Beyonce on something for Lady Gaga, but Beyonce was to busy. (Most likely preparing for her self-titled album.)

he/him/his

BlingNotTheMusic

Sexxx Dreams is definitely in my top 5 Gaga songs, and out ranks Applause ANY day :reductive: it would have fit in more with the risqueness of the era imo

Ryusei

I mean applause was the perfect choice but why throw sexxx dreams aside completely then? 

Musery

Archived