💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Elton John: ‘Chart Music Isn’t Real Music’

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Summerboi14

When you hear some electronic music being played on real instruments it sometimes sounds even worse.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PopEmergency

If Sine from Above get's the single treatment please don't buy it, don't stream it, don't watch the music video :ladyhaha:

I like Elton but I am not here for this at all, just cause songs chart high doesn’t mean that they’re super fake, I mean people enjoy the music, that’s why it’s so high on the charts, there’s literally no fault to anything :interestinga:

My Name Isnt Alice
3 hours ago, M Monstre said:

I don't disagree with this, but I think the problem is that he puts an emphasis on about music being made with computers. Largely, I agree that the charts today are trash, but that's completely subjective. 

Making music using computers is just as valid as using real instruments. Of course, there will always be something special about recording something live for a song, but just because a song is made digitally doesn't make it any less good of a song.

Yeah that's what hits most of us but we all agree songs from the charts are not it

Reality

GGD fans have the most bipolar relationship with Elton John, it's kind of annoying :triggered: 

Y'all either praise him to the gods or say he's the most irrelevant person on the planet depending on what he does/says. I disagree with most of his critique here, but some of y'all are being so rude and mean to a literal living legend.

Yes, him saying that electronic music isn't "real music" should be something that's contested, but he's also saying that a lot of today's music isn't really made for the art, but instead of the charts, and that's 100% valid. Look, music is subjective, and you like what you like, but there are definitely songs popular today that lack soul and artistry. Gaga herself would agree. It's about being authentic and genuine and having something to say (wasn't that a huge message of ASIB that Gaga agreed with?). Let's not be too brash with the insults.

🃏🖤👹

4cxuuy.jpg

:fatcat: I just wanna listen to easily palpable

m u Zi c s

to ward off the internal uprising of my increasing depression :bradley:

"Hesperus is Phosphorus"

TimisaMonster
5 hours ago, Logan said:

That's interesting that he doesn't listen to his own music. I wonder if Gaga tries to avoid her old stuff as well?

Well imagine having to perform it for years...no need to listen to it :saladga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

DelusionalGaga
26 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

If u got taste there is 

AEA95436-A064-4-D3-E-9-E16-59348-D210448

Everyone has taste, it's just different for everybody

8dfb6f53731d0cd8700dfe105d2ccdea.gif

Seryabkina
32 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

If u got taste there is 

and you really have to emphasize on that if you really have any?

imagine thinking something like music taste can be objective, lel 

ToxicHot

inb4 Gaga releases “Sine From Above (Solo Version)” :flutter: a dream, a literal dream!

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Sassy McSass

I don’t think he’s saying people who make comercial music don’t necessarily have talent, but there’s often a difference between making music for money and fame (charts) and making music as a piece of art. Key-word being often: there’s lots of examples of albuns and songs that are celebrated for decades and have a lasting cutural impact, as well as there’s lots more of songs that are huge hits but disappear very fast and soon become dated. This is very common with movies as well; I guess with other forms of art as well.

As for Gaga, even though she often makes comercial songs and some of them may seem dated by now, I think it’s more than proven by know that she is standing the test of time and is perfectly capable of making music that’s both timeless art and comercial. And I think that that’s what Elton sees in her. Some songs (most?) in Chromatica are a testament to that: even though the beats are very mainstream, the lyrics are heavy and deeply personal. As for the number of songwriters, she’s more than proven that she can write good songs with little or sometimes no help. Let’s not forget Elton knows her personally, I’m sure he knows our girl is immensely talented. :heart:

I’ll keep looking for Wonderland

32 minutes ago, Vampyr said:

and you really have to emphasize on that if you really have any?

Yes to open people's minds on what good music is

32 minutes ago, Vampyr said:

imagine thinking something like music taste can be objective, lel 

Never said it was, you either got taste or you don't

Archived