Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Marina (and The Diamonds) - Hermit The Frog

Pop Music

Featured Posts

Pop Music

justice for one of her best songs and top 3 on her best album The Family Jewels 

truly an oddball pop masterpiece 

do you stan?? 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

LOVE FOOLISH

It is definitely my top 5 from The Family Jewels, which is my favorite Marina album :sara:

It still blows my mind that this is her debut album. The lyricism and imagery are timeless. The production may be dated, but I think it contributes to TFJ charm. It’s campy, moody, and sloppy. It’s basically what I want pop music to be: unapologetic and unconventional.

Marina is one of my favorite songwriters. She’s amazing at writing stories and conveying emotions that are typically shared with your therapist only lol. This song in particular is always brought up in fan discussions. You know you have creative power as an artist when people sit down and discuss your lyrical content nearly 10 years since it was released.

I love Marina as an artist. I hope her upcoming album is as outlandish as her previous ones. I also hope she feels comfortable enough to bring back this type of lyrical content, though I understand her not wanting to focus on being introspective with her work :fatcat:

Archived