💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Smile smashes on US Facebook

Lighter

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF
4 minutes ago, Gangie said:

Billboard numbers are complicated. Maybe they were able to count only the Real views somehow, not the views that were scrolled or something. Idk.

They were able to count the US only YouTube views from various accounts (not only the official ones) in the past so maybe they are also able to count the fb real views :shrug:

On youtube they are able to filter the 30 seconds+ views. Most likely Facebook reported to them only the real views.

And yeah, they are always counting fan-uploads, lyric videos and all videos that are claimed for a certain song. It's not like only the official MV counts and nothing else. :enigma: These companies are reporting them numbers and this is what the charts are based on.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Well, this was a foregone conclusion. But I'm still baffled as to how FB views could've counted in the first place. It's only fitting that scrolled views weren't counted but I'm still a bit perplexed that this site's views count at all. I'm not on FB but as far as I was aware, I didn't think people went there to watch official music videos. That's what YouTube's for, duh.

10 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

On youtube they are able to filter the 30 seconds+ views. Most likely Facebook reported to them only the real views.

Does YouTube only officially register your view if it's 30 seconds or more? Does that also cover immediately skipping to 30 seconds as soon as the video starts? I've always been a bit confused as to how the views work. I've heard so many rumours about how long you have to watch it to count as a view. Some say it's 1 minute, others say its 30 seconds, others say it's as soon as the video starts. And it's not clear if skipping through the video immediately counts either. There used to be a counter displayed for how long the average viewer watched for to give a good indication about how interested people actually were in watching but that was disabled years ago.

FfFfFfFF
3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Well, this was a foregone conclusion. But I'm still baffled as to how FB views could've counted in the first place. It's only fitting that scrolled views weren't counted but I'm still a bit perplexed that this site's views count at all. I'm not on FB but as far as I was aware, I didn't think people went there to watch official music videos. That's what YouTube's for, duh.

Does YouTube only officially register your view if it's 30 seconds or more? Does that also cover immediately skipping to 30 seconds as soon as the video starts? I've always been a bit confused as to how the views work. I've heard so many rumours about how long you have to watch it to count as a view. Some say it's 1 minute, others say its 30 seconds, others say it's as soon as the video starts. And it's not clear if skipping through the video immediately counts either. There used to be a counter displayed for how long the average viewer watched for to give a good indication about how interested people actually were in watching but that was disabled years ago.

From what I know, you need to watch it for 30 seconds, regardless of what those 30 seconds are. For instance, if you watch from 2:20 to 2:50 in a let's say 3 minutes long video, you gave it view. 0:20 - 0:40, 0:30 - 1:00 should count as well. I'm not 100% certain about this though and I am not sure Youtube even disclosed this information fully.

StrawberryBlond
47 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

From what I know, you need to watch it for 30 seconds, regardless of what those 30 seconds are. For instance, if you watch from 2:20 to 2:50 in a let's say 3 minutes long video, you gave it view. 0:20 - 0:40, 0:30 - 1:00 should count as well. I'm not 100% certain about this though and I am not sure Youtube even disclosed this information fully.

Thing is, if you have to watch for at least 30 seconds, how do videos that are less than 30 seconds get any views at all? Ok, they're rare but they do exist. Videos based on 6 second memes for example. Therefore, 30 seconds can't be the defining standard across all videos. Obviously, music videos are longer so 30 seconds seems about right. But surely, the longer a video is, the more time you have to watch it to have it count? A 3 minute music video you'd imagine requires less viewing time to count as opposed to a 10 minute epic music video like Gaga sometimes makes. It should all be relative. But that's just the algorithm. 30 seconds seems to be the standard for music video views that I'm aware of.

Genuine Guy 09

The views were never gonna count. Facebook hadn't launched it's own streaming yet, the video was just added to a page like any other - this was just a new idea they tried. They were probably testing something 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

FfFfFfFF
2 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Thing is, if you have to watch for at least 30 seconds, how do videos that are less than 30 seconds get any views at all? Ok, they're rare but they do exist. Videos based on 6 second memes for example. Therefore, 30 seconds can't be the defining standard across all videos. Obviously, music videos are longer so 30 seconds seems about right. But surely, the longer a video is, the more time you have to watch it to have it count? A 3 minute music video you'd imagine requires less viewing time to count as opposed to a 10 minute epic music video like Gaga sometimes makes. It should all be relative. But that's just the algorithm. 30 seconds seems to be the standard for music video views that I'm aware of.

I think this 30 rule applies to what views count for Billboard Hot 100 but not necessarilly for what is displayed on the viewer counter. 

You are right that longer music videos are disadvantaged by this rule and it's unfair but I guess they need to draw a line somewhere. Marry The Night, for instance, infamously struggled because of this. Shorter songs in general (especially in recent times) are another 'trick' because if they are good, people reply them so instead of 1 stream they end up with 2-3 or even more and this makes them chart higher.

Another weird case is that officially Spotify doesn't count streams for songs shorter than 30 seconds and so interludes and things like there aren't tracked.. however they do get some streams (a few thousand, usually so not much but still). Some ASIB dialogues'd theoretically be at 0 streams but this somehow doesn't happen.

Teletubby
Just now, Majora said:

So where did it end up charting?

nowhere  :(

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Runway
9 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

nowhere  :(

The circus really came to bite the Katy cats :toofunny:

Gaga exe loading
Just now, Chromagaga said:

Lol i dont like Smile:huntyga:

And I dont like to smile:vegas:

Pop a 911. And another one

I'm not even trying to be shady or rude but I just find her so cringe. 

Gagaloo911

Smile as a song just is not it. A terrible song objectively tbh.

Can't say for the album overall as I haven't heard it yet, but none of the other songs previously released that are on it, except for NRO, were very good nor caught my interest.

FrederickSpears

It seems very easy to rig Facebook views and stuff + the videos that are shared automatically start playing on people's timeline so it's very rigged. YouTube >>>

(Also it's very telling that the video is flopping on YouTube.)

ThisGuyTony
On 8/24/2020 at 3:45 PM, StrawberryBlond said:

There was never official confirmation Facebook views counted. :green:

Archived