Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Angela Bassett making TV comeback with Oprah

EuphoricVibez

Featured Posts

EuphoricVibez

American Horror Story star Angela Bassett is set to make her TV comeback alongside Oprah Winfrey in the film Between the World and Me.

The HBO special will be an adaptation of Ta-Nehisi Coates' 2015 book of the same name, which is written in the form of a letter to the author's teenage son and explores the fraught racial history of the USA.

Coates provides an abridged account of his harrowing experiences growing up as a young Black man in Baltimore, recounts events in American history and speaks to his son about the realities of inhabiting a Black body to highlight the prevalence of racist violence.

According to TVLine, the HBO special will "combine elements from the 2018 stage production, including readings from Coates' book, with documentary footage from the actors' home lives, archival footage and animation".

Joining Bassett and Winfrey in the one-off special are This Is Us star Susan Kelechi Watson, The People v OJ Simpson: American Crime Story actor Courtney B Vance, Creed and The Cosby Show star Phylicia Rashad, Scandal's Joe Morton and She's Gotta Have It actress Pauletta Washington.

Rapper Black Thought and activist and co-Black Lives Matter founder Alicia Garza will also appear. The special is already in production and is due to air later this year on HBO in the US.

Acclaimed actress Bassett, who has also recently starred in Black Panther and Avengers: Endgame as Queen Ramonda, appeared in several series of AHS.

She previously admitted that she was disappointed when her Coven character Marie Laveau wasn't brought back for a major role in season eight's Apocalypse.

"I have [season 8] on my DVR, but I haven't seen any of it just yet," she told The Hollywood Reporter when the show aired in 2018.

"But I mean, come on. Where's Marie Laveau? I'm even a little bit in my feelings that Marie didn't come back."

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a33604486/american-horror-story-angela-bassett-oprah/

He/him/his

EuphoricVibez
5 minutes ago, Doot said:

Oprah is starring in stuff again too?

The world ain't ready. :giveup:

We really aren't, omg!

He/him/his

TheSlash

A true master of acting returning to screen to save us again :giveup: . We can do nothing but stan :tony: 

Ew, David!

Bradley

She's an amazing actress but I don't understand why she would take up 9-1-1.

It's a feel-good show that's fun to watch every week but it's not exactly something that challenges an actor to the lengths of the Emmys.

3 minutes ago, Bradley said:

It's a feel-good show that's fun to watch every week but it's not exactly something that challenges an actor to the lengths of the Emmys.

Maybe because it’s fun to her and she likes the role? She may not feel like she has to prove herself as an actress. I’m not sure lol

4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I really enjoy watching her in 9-1-1. I feel like Angela has done so many different roles that she can really just take on anything just for the sake of acting because she’s great at it. I don’t think she’s taking roles just to get awards.

OP: Also how is it a comeback when she’s on 9-1-1.:laughga:

Archived