đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Applause lyrics

MiQuenDroid

Featured Posts

MiQuenDroid

Hey everyone :party:

As you know, I'm French and I'm learning English as best I can.

Since I've known Gaga, I've been wondering what Applause's lyrics really mean.

"If only fame had an IV, baby could I bear. Being away from you? I found the vein put it in here" 

What does it mean? :gum: What is "an IV"? Which vein is she talking about? What does she want to put it in?? :awkney:

All I ever wanted was love...

Anveeroy

IV - Intravenous therapy

"Intravenous therapy (IV) is therapy that delivers fluids directly into a vein. The intravenous route of administration can be used both for injections, using a syringe at higher pressures; as well as for infusions, typically using only the pressure supplied by gravity." 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Jose P

IV is when you’re administered fluids into your veins with a syringe. So when she says that she means she wants to be “injected” with the fame.

Sneaky Oliver

She’s referring to the time after she had the surgery which she had to be away from the public, the fans and the applause. So if she could inject the fame into her veins, she could bear the pain of being absent in the pop scene

I’m on my Legacy Act era

MiQuenDroid
3 minutes ago, Killa said:

someone didnt watch  greys anatomy

Not in English :selena:

Killa
1 minute ago, MiQuenDroid said:

Not in English :selena:

oh yeah, french things smh. what a sad life, dear child

Quentin

Till now I thought it was about aborting her fame :messga:

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream

Sneaky Oliver
7 minutes ago, Quenty said:

Till now I thought it was about aborting her fame :messga:

How could she abort it if she lives for the applause though?! :messga:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

MiQuenDroid
1 hour ago, Jose P said:

IV is when you’re administered fluids into your veins with a syringe. So when she says that she means she wants to be “injected” with the fame.

Omg yes, so she's using fame like a medicine??? It makes sense!

Killa

I always gathered that its simply, the cheers aka fame aka applause make her go through the pain, lets say the performance for example

MiQuenDroid
31 minutes ago, Killa said:

I always gathered that its simply, the cheers aka fame aka applause make her go through the pain, lets say the performance for example

I didn't have any problem with those lyrics, but "IV", "bear", etc can be hard for a not native English speaker.

numb the flame

as others have mentioned about IV's being used to inject medicine etc directly into the vein. The way Gaga means it is that she needs the fame(.mp3) to live. That is also seen in the line "give me that thing that I love... A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E" she essentially needs her fans applause, more so than fame itself, to live. She played with the whole "I need applause to live" during TMB:

It's so interesting how she was saying these kinds of things back then, and now she keeps saying how she hates the fame :enigma: 

buzzkill
59 minutes ago, spamuelbtanner said:

as others have mentioned about IV's being used to inject medicine etc directly into the vein. The way Gaga means it is that she needs the fame(.mp3) to live. That is also seen in the line "give me that thing that I love... A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E" she essentially needs her fans applause, more so than fame itself, to live. She played with the whole "I need applause to live" during TMB:

This got me really nostalgic... her freshness, her desire to be on the spot... jesus they did dirty to her :bradley:

Archived