💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rita Ora gets blackfishing accusations

holy scheisse

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, ALGAYDO said:

Que the people who rush in to tell us that Cultural Appropriation is a myth and that black aesthetics are for everyone (even tho only black people reap the negatives while the whites reap the positives) :billie:

So just because racist people does that I can't use something that I like from another culture?, I feel that if you like something from another culture you can use it without disrespecting and at the same time you can support black people and fight for black people to be seen as good as white people 

Still, I think that Rita's theme is weird 

💜

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ariana Grindr
3 hours ago, Economy said:

That's seems a little contradictory

The entire social media keeps bringing white priveledge to mind and how POC have it harder to succeed and it's easier if ur white

And black women in particular have a much lower rate of success in music

What would she be gaining by trying to pass as black?

:saladga:

Chromatography
3 minutes ago, Ariana Grindr said:

:saladga:

i’m not sure why you LMAOed me, i was asking an honest question 

Oriane

I'm looking at recent pictures where she doesn't have a black style in particular but she still looks like she's mixed race, I don't know if it's because I'm just used to that thought ? I can't pinpoint what it is either.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Oriane
57 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Um YES! I’m Black and in the Black community this was discussed. For the most part we claim her as hispanic NOT Black. 

Are you talking about Zendaya ? Just yesterday I "found out" she was black on some Twitter comment, and today I suddenly learn that she's not ? :bradley:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Daylight Jokers
2 hours ago, The Fame Monster said:

akkRGzR9VbeJPClEHYiC28q9-Yrw4lvJtVvCHVFf677683931_700.jpg

Gaga says hello. 

Ya'll bring this up all the time. I sometimes forget I'm in a Gaga forum. Istg her downfall will be because of her fans.

Killa

Ive always been bit confused but you can see shes white. Shes def more dark skinned, must be some genes from middle east. 

But before talking appropriation, shes from the uk, not the us. She always had that style, i mean in europe its kinda normal. Just cause your parents are white, doesnt mean thats your background growing up. 

Ofc what her team does with it is another story. But you make it pass like its some plot when maybe its more the viewers fault than the artist itself. 

8 minutes ago, Oriane said:

Are you talking about Zendaya ? Just yesterday I "found out" she was black on some Twitter comment, and today I suddenly learn that she's not ? :bradley:

I think he's referring to Rita Ora. 

Zendaya is half black (at least according to her Wikipedia) on her father's side. 

8 minutes ago, Oriane said:

No I'm talking about Rita. Some folks think Zendaya is Black too. However, in the Black community we were unsure if Zendaya was Black but with Rita most of us already knew she couldn't be Black.

2 minutes ago, Doot said:

I think he's referring to Rita Ora. 

Zendaya is half black (at least according to her Wikipedia) on her father's side. 

Spoiler

Her attitude and personality made it easier to define she was 50% Black.

Teletubby
1 hour ago, Gracious Gaga said:

One day she’ll pay for this :/ whoever the makeup artist or visual/creative director of this shoot is probably the one responsible for this look- but Gaga will be the one to face to backlash for not saying “I’m not wearing this makeup” and letting it happen 

and what about Ariana, she is wearing make up like this all the time :lolly:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

1 minute ago, Twitter said:

No I'm talking about Rita. Some folks think Zendaya is Black too. However, in the Black community we were unsure if Zendaya was Black but with Rita most of us already knew she couldn't be Black.

Why is that?

Just curious. 

3 minutes ago, Twitter said:
  Hide contents

Her attitude and personality made it easier to define she was 50% Black.

I'm so confused :spin:

Lovelife
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

DQRlWR_VAAApa2U.jpg:large

Why wouldn't we? Can you tell who is black and who is white in this picture? She has exotic features. 

!!!!! Yup. !!!!!

• Glamourpuss locked this topic

Archived