🚨 Watch the video for 911 🚨

💌 The September fan envelope is here! 💌
Sign in to follow this  
society

Canada's Largest Province Near Covid-19 Elimination

Economy

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5681841

Ontario, Canada's most populated Province with roughly 14 Million people (over 1/3 of Canada's Population) saw just 33 new cases in the past 24 hours 

That's with an average of 20,000 to 30,000 tests a day. Given testing capacity is often above demand, nearly anyone that feels they need one can get one.

The 5 day rolling average of cases has also been steady dropping on a consistent basis

EfJYElFXkAA8nUf.jpg

The city of Winsor near the US border continues to have the most new cases with 10 of the 33 new cases

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 4
  • Shook 1

Economy

Seems like Canada is following the US trend where Conservative areas get more covid :flop:

Alberta has 85 new cases (highest concentration in Canada) with less than 30% of Ontario's population and they are arguably Canada's most Conservative Province :emma:

• LMAO 5

Economy
4 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

:party:yayyy, hopefully we can keep these numbers down

I hope so. With schools reopening in a few weeks early September and flu seasons starting shortly after that will be the real test whether cases can stay low or not

gagasrat
9 minutes ago, Economy said:

Seems like Canada is following the US trend where Conservative areas get more covid :flop:

Alberta has 85 new cases (highest concentration in Canada) with less than 30% of Ontario's population and they are arguably Canada's most Conservative Province :emma:

Ontario is conservative. Doug Ford is Premier and a member of the conservative party.

Sine From Above

GagaSine
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

I hope so. With schools reopening in a few weeks early September and flu seasons starting shortly after that will be the real test whether cases can stay low or not

Yep we are definitely not free and clear yet but I have hope :bradley: don‘t f*ck it up people 

• Like 1

Economy
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, gagasrat said:

Ontario is conservative. Doug Ford is Premier and a member of the conservative party.

That's the party currently in power it doesn't mean Ontario is by tradition or by culture a Conservative Province. 

I'm talking about the culture as a whole

Alberta for example after 40 straight years of a Conservative party rule (that won majority almost everytime too) finally had 1 term with the left wing NDP before switching back to the conservative party yet again. And their economic and social policies have always been highly conservative

The fact that the left NDP managed to get in power for that 1 term didn't magically make them a progressive Province all of a sudden. Their culture and society was still conservative especially by Canadian standards. The NDP getting rid of the 10% flat tax to make the rich pay 11.5% (1.5% more than low income earners) was seen as radical by so many there and that's such a tiny thing :rip:

Parties swap around. I was refering to red vs Blue states in general. And in this case I compared it to Canada

Ontario had the liberals rule for a very long time and based on our policies Ontario is definitely not one of Canada's most conservative. Just cuz Ford won this 1 term (by minority popular vote on top of that) doesn't mean we suddenly are socially a Conservative Province

Edited by Economy
  • Love 1

GregJA

Oh just wait :legend:

our province was doing very well! And by any standards would have basically been “covid free” 

then it was like... THINK AGAIN! It will keep coming back thats just reality unfortunately- but 

having said that

any decrease is obviously a big plus! :party:

Mr. No Award Winner 2020
  • Like 1

Economy
16 minutes ago, GregJA said:

Oh just wait :legend:

our province was doing very well! And by any standards would have basically been “covid free” 

then it was like... THINK AGAIN! It will keep coming back thats just reality unfortunately- but 

having said that

any decrease is obviously a big plus! :party:

Unfortunately it's true

It only take 1 undetected case to start multiplying again

Not to mention that even if a Country or Province/State manages to be fully virus free, there's always the risk of imported cases from the border

That's why the guard can't go down. It can come back any time

• Like 1

Modern Ecstasy2

I hope things keep going well for Ontario

BC was doing really well with cases, and we recently shot way back up and now back into an average of 45 new cases per day.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”
  • Like 1

Thomas P

Tell me why I thought Ontario was rising like crazy :bear:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Economy
16 hours ago, Thomas P said:

Tell me why I thought Ontario was rising like crazy :bear:

Alberta is where cases have gone up a lot