šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Free Woman is not Single-Worthy

GAGASEXUAL

Featured Posts

MelbHawker

I don't loveĀ Free Woman.. it's definitely radio-friendly though, and universally relatable. I honestly don't mind what she releases next. I love Chromatica, and any song she chooses to put out as a single is a celebration of the album. In my dreams she'll send Sour Candy to radio and put out a killer MV with BlackPink. Or 911 and get AbelĀ as a feature. Or put out Enigma and release the MV of her career full of ethereal space-themed visuals.Ā 

:flutter:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aussie
20 hours ago, GAGASEXUAL said:

I hate negative threads especially if it's about Gaga and her art but even though I love Free Woman, it is the WORST song on Chromatica besides 1000 Doves. I don't think it will be as successful as previous singles. This album is full of potential hits but Free Woman is not one of them imo. I didn't make this thread to spread negativity but to understand the hype behind it. Can someone explain why do you think Free Woman should be a single? (Again, I love Free Woman but not as much as the rest of the album)

There have been dozens or more threads of people giving their reasons for liking a song. I donā€™t get why we need more?? For me 1000 Doves is one of my absolute favourites, just cause. And so is Free Woman

Animal Claws
1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

why you or other monsters think that it's "very gp-friendly"?Ā :triggered:Ā it's not popular on YouTube or it has same views as other songs from album on other platforms. also in every Youtube reaction they are saying that its outside of their top5 or top 10. so who told you that it's GP Friendly?

Cause it's a very commercial song...Ā 

fox tv GIF by MasterChef Junior

MonsterPaws

I 100% agree. I love Free Woman but it's definitely my least favorite song in the album. At first I thought that title went to Plastic Doll but Free Woman is just meh after listening to it so many times. I prefer the demo.

chromaticainmyhead

I think they are going for Free Woman to be the upcoming single because itā€˜s the song who is most adaptableĀ to the political situation right now. The original has the obvious message about female empowerment but it can actually interpreted in many different ways even Black Lives Matter. Just think about the statement Gaga made in the radio show last time that she thought about trans women while recording it. It can be an hommage to Black Trans Women.Ā 

And above all the song is very radio-friendly and with interesting visuals combined with the political message I think it has the most potential out of all of the possible album tracks to be a stand-out single within pop music right now.

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

barnabesk

Remix the song, put a great female rapper on top of it who can rhyme on an electronic beat, combine it with an attention grabbing video = #1

tomsches

Nobody cares about singles anymore anyways. Thank your beloved streamingĀ 

Sneaky Oliver

I donā€™t care if it flops, our girl G.U.Y went there and done that but still gaveĀ us amazing visuals. So maybe FW can do the sameĀ 

Iā€™m on my Legacy Act era

StarstruckIllusion

Everytime the gays hate a song, it smashes. So threads likeĀ this only confirm the choice lmao. Free Woman coming for #1 smh

Sneaky Oliver
8 minutes ago, barnabesk said:

Remix the song, put a great female rapper on top of it who can rhyme on an electronic beat, combine it with an attention grabbing video = #1

No rappers! The song is not about being a hot bad bitch. Its about vulnerability.

Also they would have to cut the second verse of the song to include a rap section and the song structure is perfect as it is. First verse: Lady Gaga before she was famous. Second verse: Lady Gaga after she went through all of that trauma which culminates with her celebrating the fact that sheā€™s now free.

Donny Winter

Honestly, I don't understand why Free Woman, Fun Tonight, and 1000 Doves get such unwarranted hate. I have yet to see one convincing explanation for why any of these aren't single-worthy.

A hybrid can withstand these things / my heart can beat with bricks and strings

barnabesk
9 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

No rappers! The song is not about being a hot bad bitch. Its about vulnerability.

Also they would have to cut the second verse of the song to include a rap section and the song structure is perfect as it is. First verse: Lady Gaga before she was famous. Second verse: Lady Gaga after she went through all of that trauma which culminates with her celebrating the fact that sheā€™s now free.

I get the comment on the song structure, but a female rapper on a song does not automatically mean it's about "being a hot bad bitch"

The OP is a MESS.Ā :toofunny:

- Free Woman and Sour Candy are the two most radio friendly songs left on the album and let's be honest, she's already used the "hit" of the album with ROM, so why not try and push more GP friendly songs?Ā 

- She's already shot a video for it "apparently", aswell as Babylon. Her health is paramount and as much as I'd love content everyday, I'm also aware for her to shoot a video right now or the near future could be drastically damaging for her health, so why not take advantage of the video shot pre-covid.

- Alice, 911 and Replay are all incredible songs. In fact they're my top three from Chromatica but if you think FW would flop on radio, these wouldn't even get G.U.Y. treatment unfortunately. I think they should get visuals later down the line, but more likely to smashĀ than FW... I don't think.Ā 

- It's an empowering song, but by no means is it a bad song. Now if it flops... in all honestly it's not that much of a big deal. She's got two top 5 hits including a number 1 (something people said she'd never get after Shallow). So even if it's just a top 40 hit, cool. I'm sure there's more down the pipeline.Ā 

Sneaky Oliver
19 minutes ago, barnabesk said:

I get the comment on the song structure, but a female rapper on a song does not automatically mean it's about "being a hot bad bitch"

I meant songs like Say So, Savage and Cardi B but if itā€™s a indie/cult kind of rapper I guess itā€™d be okay.Ā 

Id rather get a remix with Florence or Ariana kind of vibesĀ 

Archived