💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Canada's Drag Race's Pit Crew hunk redefining gay beauty standards

paradox

Featured Posts

paradox

Drag Race’s first Pit Crew hunk ‘representing the big boys’ is redefining gay beauty standards – no matter what his haters say

canadas-drag-race-pit-crew-plus-size-min

When Canada’s Drag Race unveiled its Pit Crew, fans were instantly bowled over by Mina Gerges, its first “plus-sized member”.

The crew present a problematic version of the gay beauty ideal: oiled, muscular men with washboard abs trailing down to an obscenely protruding package. No twinks, no bears, certainly no femmes, just an endless run of identikit beefcakes with bulges in all the right places.

Which is why Gerges’ addition to the show made such a stir.

“I didn’t know that I’d be the first plus-sized member of the Pit Crew,” he told Out, “but I knew I needed to be there so that the young gay kids watching the show can see a bigger body and stretch marks and learn to be kinder to themselves.”

Source, and read more at: https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/08/09/canadas-drag-race-pit-crew-plus-size-mina-gerges/

brilliant :applause:

audrey horne

I must get bored of muscular bland dudes because he was the most gorgeous to me. It's about time the franchise evolves towards something less gender-based, less stereotyped and more inclusive. 

paradox

the gay community needs to stop the obsession with "perfect looks" and being gym fit

so nice to see a normal body being celebrated and flaunted around right next to the typical "ideal" bodies

i love to see it

Quartz

Wasn't the point of Drag Race, especially in the early years, was in part to satirize gay culture AKA hunky gay men, dramatic drag queens, etc.?

I think it just evolved into this whole serious thing. In RuPaul's words, it's drag-- don't take it so serious henny.

OT: Before anyone come for me, I do celebrate all healthy body shapes; so, good for him.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Archived