đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is it time for Team Gaga to forget about Pop radio?

Mr S

Featured Posts

Stupid Love stalled at #11 on pop radio while Rain On Me barely reached top 10. Both had bad callouts.

We've seen Taylor Swift forget about pop radio and focus on Hot AC sound with Folklore after seeing the warning signs during the Lover era.

Beyonce did the same after 4 underperformed. Her music was still hot and trendy with Beyonce and Lemonade, but she didn't even bother sending stuff there, didn't follow their release dates etc.

Rain On Me is currently up to #4 on Hot AC and #3 is within reach. Is it time to forget about pop radio? And focus more on Hot AC which is kinder to 30+ females who have been in the game for a decade? Or do they already know that? Hence why they pulled Rain On Me right after reaching top 10?

Decodekid

Should she quit the music that she loves doing simply because it “underperforms” ?no, she’s done many genres too, have they all been successful?,no. She should do what makes her happy :heart:

edit: i read wrong, sorry. 

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Just now, Decodekid said:

Should she quit the music that she loves doing simply because it “underperforms” ?no, she’s done many genres too, have they all been successful?,no. She should do what makes her happy :heart:

This is not what the topic is about. The question is should they bother to push her songs on that format. It doesn't mean she has to turn into Pink.

SeIena Gomez
1 minute ago, Decodekid said:

This isn’t what the post is talking about...

SeIena Gomez

Yes. She should focus on HAC radio when she releases her seventh studio self written piano album !

Decodekid
1 minute ago, Mr S said:

This is not what the topic is about. The question is should they bother to push her songs on that format. It doesn't mean she has to turn into Pink.

1 minute ago, SeIena Gomez said:

This isn’t what the post is talking about...

Ok I didn’t see that part sorry, however she should do what makes her happy regardless of it 

Im Harol don't tell anyone

rasclautmangos

What makes you think Taylor forgot about pop radio because she released folklore?

Just now, rasclautmangos said:

What makes you think Taylor forgot about pop radio because she released folklore?

Well she did for this era anyway. That album is taylormade for Hot AC and I expect it to SMASH on that format.

venusfly

The music Gaga is putting out just doesn’t fit on pop radio, it’s so jarringly different and stylised it doesn’t flow into a playlist with other current pop music, except for Rain On Me which still kinda suffered from being dated. If Gaga wants to keep making pop music or tbh any kind of music she needs to work with better producers and let them guide the sound a bit, her last few pop albums and Joanne have had very simplistic production that doesn’t really wow at all. Sleek production matters a lot these days and she doesn’t have it.

TWICE on hatius

OP didn’t say Gaga should forget about pop, they said it’s about interscope and Gaga’s team should focus on having deals with hot ac stations like Taylor’s. Pop songs can still be on Hot AC.

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

yes and

She will be happy to create Joanne 2.0, but the fanbase will collapse over and again :bear:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Archived