💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Katy's 'Smile' - potentially her last album?

Genuine Guy 09

Featured Posts

Economy

I don't think a name like Katy would just be dropped

Probably her contracts would just get a lot less budget and promotion and be way less lucrative

But if labels have underground artists no one has heard of signed on to them with tiny contracts I don't see why someone like Katy can't still have a contract

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flopheart

I think smile will be her last traditional pop album just as chromatica will be the last gaga's pop album

Genuine Guy 09
Just now, flopheart said:

I think smile will be her last traditional pop album just as chromatica will be the last gaga's pop album

I doubt it'll be Gaga's last pop album. Gaga has had two top 5s a #1 and 9 VMA nominations. The demand is there for pop Gaga and I'm sure Chromatica will be expanded on

Smile?

IMG_20200713_225542.thumb.jpg.16d5268c47

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

i think she needs to take a break from music for a while and re-brand herself. people are tired with katy's teenage dream sound and i think going back to OOTB sound with pop-rock influences would be a great idea 

DiamondKing
30 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

I doubt it'll be Gaga's last pop album. Gaga has had two top 5s a #1 and 9 VMA nominations. The demand is there for pop Gaga and I'm sure Chromatica will be expanded on

Smile?

IMG_20200713_225542.thumb.jpg.16d5268c47

As if Gaga would care about VMA nominations and chart positions :bear:

Creyk

She already talked about her plans for the album following smile, she said it's sound will be modeled after the album track "what makes a woman". So it does not seem like she wants to stop just yet.

Genuine Guy 09
17 minutes ago, DiamondKing said:

As if Gaga would care about VMA nominations and chart positions :bear:

Yes but clearly the demand is there 

Franch Toast

Um, women's careers don't end just because they give birth. Sure, some may choose to become a stay-at-home parent, but a lot of women go back to work after their maternity leave is done, whether out of necessity or because they want to keep on working. A multimillionaire like Katy has a lot of resources at her disposal to allow her to continue to make music while hiring a nanny or a team of nannies if need be to care for her child. 

She/Her/Hers

Xoxo Adriana
3 hours ago, SeIena Gomez said:

I’m just gonna say, if Witness had:

1) better single choices

2) been an ep rather than album 

3) and better features 

she wouldn’t be in the situation shes in rn. :triggered:

there’s a lot more to witness than this though. people didn’t like the platinum pixie cut she supported for the era and wanted her long black hair back, ironically affecting her image as well as her relevance. she got herself into controversy a handful of times before the album dropped, things she said that she didn’t mean ill intention of but didn’t think through.

i agree on the better features part. bon appetit backflipped completely because everyone thought ariana was gonna be featured on it which ended up being Migos instead, which at the time they were facing major backlash for being openly homophobic. Katy being a major LGBT influence was obviously a massive slap in the face for her gay fans.

singles didn’t do *too* bad, swish swish especially. she was still raking up millions of views on the videos. Hey Hey Hey shouldn’t have been a single, she tried to milk whatever was left and she should’ve listened to her fans about “Roulette” being the fourth single, that song had very good potential.

as far as witness being an ep, i don’t agree on that and i don’t think katy would either. it’s a solid body of work that katy can look back on, reflect on and not make the same mistakes. very much the same with gaga and ARTPOP in a sense. 

Genuine Guy 09

I don't believe in any of the nonesense about the haircut or anything else to do with witness. That always seems to things stans in America come out with. Chained to the rhythm spent 21 weeks on the UK Singles Chart. Same in other European countries - it was just the fact the music was bad. Had there been better singles past CTTR, It would've been fine. Its just that sound isn't big from pop girls. Witness music had global appeal 

QueenOfSaigon

I dont think that one of the biggest pop stars of our generation will be dropped so easily by her label. I also dont see Katy stopping to release new music just because one of her albums didnt sell as good as the previous ones.

MANiCURE 6

No way ! She's KATY PERRY ! :enigma:

She can't end like this.

I feel like she'll continue to release albums but maybe in a more quiet way than before

flyaway

I think Katy will go down the route of what many pop stars have done in the past (Like Xtina or Paula Abdul did). She may not be the top selling artist anymore on Top 40 radio, but she'll still release content. I'm pretty sure she'll start collabing with the trending artists of today (Post Malone maybe) to have some momentum. 

Other than that, she'll continue doing reality tv, selling her products and attracting attention through a different platform. 

SeIena Gomez
21 minutes ago, Xoxo Adriana said:

there’s a lot more to witness than this though. people didn’t like the platinum pixie cut she supported for the era and wanted her long black hair back, ironically affecting her image as well as her relevance. she got herself into controversy a handful of times before the album dropped, things she said that she didn’t mean ill intention of but didn’t think through.

i agree on the better features part. bon appetit backflipped completely because everyone thought ariana was gonna be featured on it which ended up being Migos instead, which at the time they were facing major backlash for being openly homophobic. Katy being a major LGBT influence was obviously a massive slap in the face for her gay fans.

singles didn’t do *too* bad, swish swish especially. she was still raking up millions of views on the videos. Hey Hey Hey shouldn’t have been a single, she tried to milk whatever was left and she should’ve listened to her fans about “Roulette” being the fourth single, that song had very good potential.

as far as witness being an ep, i don’t agree on that and i don’t think katy would either. it’s a solid body of work that katy can look back on, reflect on and not make the same mistakes. very much the same with gaga and ARTPOP in a sense. 

I honestly don’t understand what she was going for with the pixie cut at all. Why did she think that would be a good idea? It looked great but way too drastic and should’ve just been a music video look or she gradually went into it. (Starts the era with long blonde hair, gets shorter and shorter as the era progresses for example) :saladga: 

CTTR was a great lead, then I think Power would have been good and Swish Swish with a better video. 

Archived