💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Reddit: "Gaga does not owe us anything" (must-read)

Gagadonna

Featured Posts

Bolkins

Maybe we’ve reached our peak of Stefani being Gaga. It seems that half of her fans are perpetually dissatisfied with whatever she does and the other half just want her to be free to do whatever without being burdened with the expectations of being a pop star. 

We’re all stuck in a paradigm. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona
5 hours ago, KNJ said:

THIS ⬆⬆⬆⬆

Why the hell would she subject herself to social media?

Tell me a celebrity interaction that ends well when they talk directly to fans online?

Show me a comments section that didn't evolve into trash within the minutes?

People talk so sideways on about, and directly to, people in the Haus. Do y'all think this is a void? That #s and @s and DMs and this forum can't be seen by them? That your bs doesn't make it to search alerts?

For some sick reason Sarah and Bloodpop have become constant punching bags. People we all know have been lights in her life. Like wtf?!?  Every friggin HausCall, a group of people had to act like trash in the comments. She and the guests saw ALL of that. They would mention it, they would say it was hurtful, they would pointedly talk about the depression and trying to keep your head up when people sh!t on you. 

WHY would Gaga see her own fans being bullies to her dearest friends (her family really), whenever they get the chance, and then choose to talk to us raw? 

This isn't 2011. People don't act right. Social media is trash. 

I consider social medias as toxic as hell so I can't even imagine what it's like to be an artist with a Twitter account :flop:

To be truly honest most of biggest pop stars are keeping some distance with fans : see Beyoncé, Adele, Madonna, Rihanna, Pink... Gaga is totally right not reading what fans write on social medias anymore. Most of them are overreacting and mainly super negative everyday. 

When Gaga said she is a new woman and she let a lot of negative things behind when she released Chromatica, I'm sure she was also thinking about the constant pressure / negative vibes some people had on her. 

Aga Gydal

Facts are facts

Some fans should listen to Fun Tonight’s lyrics more closely. Not surprised they connect to that song the least :huntyga:

JANNNNEEEEEEEE
11 hours ago, littlepotter said:

I hate these preachy virtue signaling essays that are popping up by the week now. It's literally no one's ****ing business what people think of Gaga and what she's doing. Let people be. I'm sick of it too, and I do not agree with them, I love Chromatica and everything she's doing, but this makes me cringe out of my skin. Stop. Turn off the website. Block the user. Stop attempting to tell people what they can or can't say. 

so AGREE we need to spread kindness and not hate and ALWAYS support Gaga and ignore the haters 

4 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

That’s so stupid. Ofc she doesn’t owe us anything but that doesn’t mean she’s been doing a good job with promo. We like promo and we want promo so she may not owe us that but we still want it and we’re still gonna be disappointed if we don’t get it. :yennefer:

Also i’m not saying Gaga is lazy but definitely looks like that in comparison to Katy who’s doing so much promo while being pregnant :ohwell:

I'm not a Katy fan: what exactly has she been doing?

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

littlepotter
9 hours ago, Admin said:

Yes. Bloodpop is her friend, her collaborator, and someone she knows and allows to be in her life. You are just a customer.

Ruthless :air:

chaeri pls

SHALLOW
40 minutes ago, KNJ said:

I'm not a Katy fan: what exactly has she been doing?

I’m a casual fan and yet i know about all her promo. She’s been doing lots of live performances ever since Daisies and also she already served some MVs and other 3 are coming. Plus she does insta lives once a week which are way kore insightful than Gaga radio tbh and she also communicates with her fans. She’s on a whole other level when it comes to promo.

SHALLOW
4 hours ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

You’re a hater. Inexcusable? Excuse yourself, then.

She’s not doing enough promo and we don’t even know why. She should let us know what’s the reason cause otherwise one can think it’s cause of laziness.

4 hours ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

I’m not going to speak on her expectations.

I don’t personally feel the need to complain about her. Sorry that doesn’t click with you. And sure, interpret that as you will. I want her to create and share her art on her own terms, and I am happy with waiting for it.

I’m done interacting with you.

Gurl, you really don’t have to interact with me. You’re just mad i said Chromatica isn’t perfect and now you feel the need to always disagree with me even tho i’m 100% sure you want promo just as much as i do but you won’t admit it. 

MessyTop
2 hours ago, Bolkins said:

Maybe we’ve reached our peak of Stefani being Gaga. It seems that half of her fans are perpetually dissatisfied with whatever she does and the other half just want her to be free to do whatever without being burdened with the expectations of being a pop star. 

We’re all stuck in a paradigm. 

A true warholian reverse expedition 

Damn, this thread is still going?

This is the Lady Gaga online equivalent of watching people fight with "I have rights I don't have to wear a mask I have a health condition!" Karen's. 

buffy the vampire slayer popcorn GIF

anonanon
5 hours ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

I honestly think Gaga has higher standards for her craft and wants to preserve her artistic integrity. Hence no livestream/at home performances. That’s who she is as a creative person. I think it would feel pretty cheap to her to compromise her vision and not worth it at all long-term.

Okay I want to preface this by saying I literally do not care about lack of promo/performances. Pushing things to the back burner for COVID fundraising and BLM I will definitely defend, but other than that I'm pretty much indifferent on both sides. 

That said I've seen this argument posted before and I guess I get it, but it's a way of thinking that just doesn't resonate with me at all. To me all of these constraints present opportunities for ingenuity, using new technology, and finding creative solutions that wouldn't compromise her artistic integrity, especially considering she prided herself on DIY-ness in her early career. It would just be interesting to see what kind of product someone with the amount of resources she has could come up with.

But I guess maybe it is just a difference in creative values. Not to mention 1) I may be vastly overestimating the amount of resources she has, particularly if they already have started paying for things that are now on hold 2) I don't see that many other big music artists doing stuff like that, which leads me to 3) I'm trying to give everyone a break with respect to work right now in general and 4) for all we know they are working on alternatives anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can't believe I wrote out such a long post on that... I truly have nothing better to do today :laughga:

Edited just now by anonanon

HeavyMetalLover
4 minutes ago, anonanon said:

Okay I want to preface this by saying I literally do not care about lack of promo/performances. Pushing things to the back burner for COVID fundraising and BLM I will definitely defend, but other than that I'm pretty much indifferent on both sides. 

That said I've seen this argument posted before and I guess I get it, but it's a way of thinking that just doesn't resonate with me at all. To me all of these constraints present opportunities for ingenuity, using new technology, and finding creative solutions that wouldn't compromise her artistic integrity, especially considering she prided herself on DIY-ness in her early career. It would just be interesting to see what kind of product someone with the amount of resources she has could come up with.

But I guess maybe it is just a difference in creative values. Not to mention 1) I may be vastly overestimating the amount of resources she has, particularly if they already have started paying for things that are now on hold 2) I don't see that many other big music artists doing stuff like that, which leads me to 3) I'm trying to give everyone a break with respect to work right now in general and 4) for all we know they are working on alternatives anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can't believe I wrote out such a long post on that... I truly have nothing better to do today :laughga:

You make a great point about ingenuity and her earlier work ethic. I think her brand is way more complex and meticulous in some ways now, and it requires a huge amount of collaboration of people physically being together to create the work. To us, there is probably a happy medium she could find, but my guess is she wouldn't be satisfied with compromise.

OR she has been working on some really exciting new work these past few months in quarantine, and it will blow us away.

It's wise to give her a break and not assume too much, either way, though. :vegas:

i don't remember ARTPOP

HeavyMetalLover
45 minutes ago, Doot said:

Damn, this thread is still going?

This is the Lady Gaga online equivalent of watching people fight with "I have rights I don't have to wear a mask I have a health condition!" Karen's. 

buffy the vampire slayer popcorn GIF

I'm dead. :air:

Ms. Summers remains unbothered.

i don't remember ARTPOP

Archived