• Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 6

weed

that's powerful. hope something happens

• Like 6

Bonkers
Posted (edited)

I went to the Oprah Show in 1996, and at the time she shook every audience members hand at the end of the show.

When it was my turn, Stedman had just walked in the studio and she was motioning something to him so she didn't hear what I said or look at me.  I didn't want to be rude so I was just moving on, but just as I almost let go of her hand, she squeezed it tight, PULLED me back, looked me right in the eyes and thanked me for coming to the Oprah Show.

I say that just as proof of how generous and real she actually is.  This was near the peak of her show, tickets nearly impossible to get and they were free.  She didn't need to shake anyone's hand, and being a tall white kid (I was 18) she cared about me. 

I think she's a wonderful person, and I'm happy to see her using her voice for Breonna. :heart:

Edited by Bonkers
Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates
  • Like 6
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 14
  • Shook 2

ShesAMess

The way you shouldn’t need to buy billboards to pressure authorities to do the right thing

Free my mind, ARTPOP
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Doot

I absolutely love Oprah. 

ᴡᴀꜱ ɪᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏɢᴇʏᴍᴀɴ?
  • Love 1

Sister

I hope the difference is made, even if it took Oprah to step up.

Too Happy To Be Alive~

Quartz

Even after all these years, she's still a strong voice of reason.

I'd rather she run for president instead of Kanye or Trump. If we're gonna go with celebrities anyway.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊
  • Like 5

Sunny

Oprah is such a good person and I love her so much but I'll never forgive her for calling M.I.A. a terrorist.

The future backwards spells er u tuf
  • Shook 1

COOOK
14 minutes ago, ShesAMess said:

The way you shouldn’t need to buy billboards to pressure authorities to do the right thing

and how many months have passed where there’s still no justice for Breonna Taylor :saladga:

2020 Clownie Award for Worst Profile Picture
  • Like 4

highwayunicorn9

It’s really disturbing. We have a black, Republican attorney general who is literally stalling the whole thing. This city is going to end up burning to the ground. I hate living here 🌝

• Love 1
  • Shook 2

LaLuna

And this is why Oprah is queen

Oprah Winfrey Reaction GIF

StarstruckIllusion
1 hour ago, highwayunicorn9 said:

It’s really disturbing. We have a black, Republican attorney general who is literally stalling the whole thing. This city is going to end up burning to the ground. I hate living here 🌝

and the BLM movement started 7 years into the first black presidency’s reign. This is why high representation prioritization is mediocre. I know people “yas king” @ his hire, but look at the results. Black people are not stupid and do not all think the same. Same w women and queer people. Hire a boring straight white man who will actually get **** done for minorities, over a minority who won’t. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

JOSHMATICA

Can we just revive Oprah's show instead of bringing back Ellen? Oprah is genuine in being kind and helping people and isn't just one huge cringe fest.

pachinko
20 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

And this is why Oprah is queen

Oprah Winfrey Reaction GIF

We stan her again. :sara: