⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

🎃 The October fan mail is here! 🎃
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Biden: African-Americans Not Diverse, Latinos ‘Incredibly Diverse’

JRCF29
Posted (edited)

Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden once again offended many Black voters on Thursday, by claiming that African Americans aren’t diverse, and contrasting them with Latinos in Florida and Arizona. The former VEEP’s remarks came during a press event with Latino and African American reporters, and were in response to a question posed by NPR. 

“Unlike the African American community... the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community, with incredibly diverse attitudes about different things,” he began, continuing, “[y]ou go to Florida, you find a very different attitude about immigration than you do in Arizona.” It was unclear what Arizona had to do with the topic at hand, which was Cuban relations and the immigration perspectives of Cuban-Americans and Venezuelan-Americans. 

Biden immediately faced pushback and his communications team did damage control by denying the 77 year old meant to offend and criticizing the “conveniently cut” video of the comments. But the ex-Senator has made a habit of racially insensitive remarks on the campaign trail; earlier this year, in an interview with The Breakfast Club, he joked that Black Trump supporters weren’t really black and was subsequently warned by the head of the NAACP about the dangers of taking the African American vote for granted. Months before that in a primary debate he appeared to confuse New Jersey Senator Cory Booker with former President Barack Obama and referred to the former as "the president”- before reversing course and dubbing him a “future president.” 

While he holds a sizable lead over Trump in public polls, ostensibly boosted by the rise in Covid cases and Americans’ attributing them to a weak and ineffective response from President Trump, some commentators have worried aloud that missteps and offensive remarks like these could cost him support among minority voters and provide openings for the President’s seemingly-lackluster campaign to attack. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/06/joe-biden-latino-african-american-remark-392354

Edit: An earlier version of this story misquoted Joe Biden's reference to Cory Booker as "former president" instead of "the president"; the misquote has been removed and replaced with the correct one

Edited by JRCF29
Don't Call Me Gaga
  • LMAO 4
  • Sad 7

Born in Chromatica
Posted (edited)

Seriously, :saladga:

Foot In Mouth GIF

Edited by Born in Chromatica
FaShIoN iS mY pAsSiOn!
  • LMAO 10
  • Thanks 1

TerrenceV2
Posted (edited)

He doesn’t realize he only needs to STFU to beat Trump. Why does he keep on opening his ignorant senile mouth and self-sabotaging himself like that..

:bear:

Edited by TerrenceV2
playground love - josef salvat
  • Like 28
  • LMAO 2
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 3

Cookie Tookie

Disgusting. And people actually make excuses for this.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Awakened M

So butt-****ing stupid. Wtf? Omg. He's not getting any black votes with that mouth. :saladga:

It's sad that it's not the first time he's said something stupid about African-Americans.

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.
  • Like 9

OG Gaga Stan

I don't know if you've heard, but we're actually not allowed to criticize him for his policies or anything he ever says or does, no matter how ignorant or idiotic it is, or else we're helping to re-elect Trump. The six or seven conservative Democrats on here should be here to lecture you about it soon. 

390-D1-C20-B41-D-47-E6-B7-A0-04-DEA0-D96

• Like 4
  • LMAO 23
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 9

Ricksies

Let's be real he's just like Trump. Only difference is Trump doesn't try to hide it like Biden.

• Like 5

bionic

giphy.gif

buy bionic
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

PartySick

Please just lock him in a room until November :toofunny:

I'm dreaming of going somewhere else. Being human.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Faysalaaa
8 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

I don't know if you've heard, but we're actually not allowed to criticize him for his policies or anything he ever says or does, no matter how ignorant or idiotic it is, or else we're helping to re-elect Trump. The six or seven conservative Democrats on here should be here to lecture you about it soon. 

• LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

djBuffoon

I'd really like to hear that quote on-camera and in context, just reading it doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

rumours
16 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

The statistics don't lie, my friend

OG-Gaga-Communism.png

• Like 1
  • LMAO 23

Seryabkina
6 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

I'd really like to hear that quote on-camera and in context, just reading it doesn't make sense to me.

• Sad 3

HeavyMetalLover

Well :bear:

What do you expect? He’s embarrassing.

i don't remember ARTPOP
  • Like 1