🔴 Limited-edition Red Vinyl 🔴

Sign in to follow this  
question

Is replay about toxic relationship with LM?

Messy vers

What do you think?

Can we assume that?

As we can hear  "little monster torture me"  instead "your monsters torture me". Lady gaga also made that in SL "I JUST WANTED TO BE LOVED".

Imo the song is about toxic relationship between her and us: except glory she's getting it's about pain.

Thoughts? Can you hear that sentence in song too? Or do you interpret song in your own way?

Buy Haus Lab On Itunes
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
21st Century Karen

Of course, it is. Well, maybe it is not the only theme of this song, but one of.

Every single day, yeah, I dig a grave
Then I sit inside it, wondering if I'll behave
It's a game I play, and I hate to say
You're the worst thing and the best thing that's happened to me

I think this verse is about us, Little Monsters. Gaga wants to produce new material, now songs and videos, new photos, etc. but her fans always want more, more and more. And sometimes Little Monsters can even hate her (for example, when there's no promo for Chromatica). That is why her fans are the best and the worst thing that's happened to her. 

  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ItWasntLaauv

I think it’s about assault and trauma, not a fan base.

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Messy vers
1 minute ago, Trillion Reasons said:

Of course, it is. Well, maybe it is not the only theme of this song, but one of.

Every single day, yeah, I dig a grave
Then I sit inside it, wondering if I'll behave
It's a game I play, and I hate to say
You're the worst thing and the best thing that's happened to me

I think this verse is about us, Little Monsters. Gaga wants to produce new material, now songs and videos, new photos, etc. but her fans always want more, more and more. And sometimes Little Monsters can even hate her (for example, when there's no promo for Chromatica). That is why her fans are the best and the worst thing that's happened to her. 

I'm thinking about scars on her mind? Maybe it's about her popularity during the monster ball? She was the most desirable artist in the world. We know how she was managing that when she was traveling around the globe. Maybe it's her scar on mind she can't handle?

And scars maybe are not connected with LM but generally, with GP and popularity

Buy Haus Lab On Itunes

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Messy vers
1 minute ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

I think it’s about assault and trauma, not a fan base.

Yes, as above, i think the scars are metaphor of trauma she got during her popularity. Meanwhile, she was loosing her personality too.

Buy Haus Lab On Itunes

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red

Fun Tonight too

says Campbell, chuckling.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeavyMetalLover

It’s about GGD specifically. :huntyga:

i don't remember ARTPOP
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why am I on GGD
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Messy vers said:

I'm thinking about scars on her mind? Maybe it's about her popularity during the monster ball? She was the most desirable artist in the world. We know how she was managing that when she was traveling around the globe. Maybe it's her scar on mind she can't handle?

And scars maybe are not connected with LM but generally, with GP and popularity

In the context of fanbase, these scars can mean two things:

- Her PTSD can get triggered by fan interaction. If fans try to get close to her, it can unintentionally remind her of assault.

- Gaga has had a lot of issues with identity and the way she looks at herself. At one point she felt like the world owned her. Part of that must be the high expectations that fans have of her, which objectifies her in a lot of ways. That's where the lyrics of Plastic Doll also come in.

Edited by Why am I on GGD
  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KEVIN STEVE

“It's about monsters, not the little ones.” That says it all. It's ONLY about trauma, I think. At least that's what she said.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why am I on GGD
Just now, KEVIN STEVE said:

“It's about monsters, not the little ones.” That says it all. It's ONLY about trauma, I think. At least that's what she said.

She also said that Perfect Illusion is mainly about social media, which it obviously isn't :laughga:

  • Like 3
  • LMAO 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmo13

It’s NOT about Little Monsters:interestinga:

i cant believe 2 months after release y’all still think this song is about LMs omg, the Spotify storyline are pretty clear about her intentions behind the song. 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Messy vers
4 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

“It's about monsters, not the little ones.” That says it all. It's ONLY about trauma, I think. At least that's what she said.

She can say whatever she wants. It doesn't mean that it's true.

Buy Haus Lab On Itunes
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KEVIN STEVE
2 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

She also said that Perfect Illusion is mainly about social media, which it obviously isn't :laughga:

You've got a point:lmao:

But there's nothing in Replay that indicates that it's about us, other than the word “monsters”

Perfect Illusion came out right after Gaga & Taylor split, literally says “I wasn't love” 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Messy vers
1 minute ago, tmo13 said:

It’s NOT about Little Monsters:interestinga:

i cant believe 2 months after release y’all still think this song is about LMs omg, the Spotify storyline are pretty clear about her intentions behind the song. 

Yes. And marrry the night is about drinking lonely in bar. :ladyhaha:

 

Buy Haus Lab On Itunes
  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...