💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

A disco-inspired album from FKA twigs?

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

FKA twigs is a singer known for experimental take on music and uniquely crafted soundscapes in her songs & albums. While LP1 is a deconstructed avant-pop record with great emphasis on computerised sounds, Magdalene was in a more baroque direction and had more piano and other acoustic instruments. This leaves fans wondering in what direction her future records will go. There are so many genres and influences she could combine with her usual style and make them work.

Specifically, I am asking what would be your opinion if she decided to use a disco inspiration. Something more upbeat and dancy-er but still in her usual style of course.

For reference:

Would you be here for it? :oprah: How do you think her future records will sound like, and how do you think they will differ from her first two albums? What other sounds would you love her to take inspiration from?

alsemanche

I wouldn't see her doing something like that, but honestly she hasn't released a single disappointing project so far so I trust her to pull it off beautifully if she decided to do it. We know she can create bops (in time, fallen alien, etc.) so I wouldn't be worried about her messing it up at all. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

JazzGa

I'd love a more beat-driven, dancey project from her :flutter: Especially because she is a dancer herself. An album of songs she wrote to dance to would be a great concept in and of itself. 

She wouldn't need to go with your stereotypical 4-on-the-floor club beat either! Sampling jazz or African drums could go great with her style :legend:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

GGDisbetter

I could see her doing a single or two with disco influence, but not an entire project.

Helix

I could see her doing that for a small project maybe, but doubt she'd do more than that

Archived