Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift Makes History, #1 on Top 100 and Top 200 In The Same Week

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Taylor Swift's "Cardigan" blasts in at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart.

The song is from Swift's new LP Folklore, which launches at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, as Swift becomes the first artist ever to debut at No. 1 on both the Hot 100 and Billboard 200 in the same week.

Folklore was released July 24 on Republic Records, after being first teased by Swift only the day before.

"Cardigan" is joined by two other songs from the set that debut in the Hot 100's top 10: "The 1," at No. 4, and "Exile," featuring Bon Iver, at No. 6.

Source:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9428548/taylor-swift-cardigan-folklore-debut-number-one

Surprised? :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
weed

Everyone HAS tried the chicken! This chicken is delicious.

OMonster

Wow. 

She deserves it, tbh... Folklore is a brilliant, brilliant album - probably her best.

subtext / fantasy

Chromatography

the 1 should’ve been #1. amazing 

good for her

SEANGT

i don't really understand this. aren't there a ton of albums that surprise release in the streaming era that go #1 on both charts? 

joannesrats
9 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

i don't really understand this. aren't there a ton of albums that surprise release in the streaming era that go #1 on both charts? 

The Hot100 is for singles, not albums. She's the first artist to have a single and album debut at #1 for the same charting week. 

joannesrats

I like Taylor, but I really really don't understand the hype around this album. 

TaylorSwiftQueen
13 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

I like Taylor, but I really really don't understand the hype around this album. 

Because it's actually good :heart:

Spock

Taylor Swift IS the music industry :applause:

so much for Lover’s “last hurrah” :billie: 

who will love me when the night is over

Archived