💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How are you feeling about Gaga right now?

Pop Music

Featured Posts

HeavyMetalLover
15 minutes ago, Eido said:

As for as I'm concerned at this point I just want another jazz album or like folklore. 

He said respectful. :triggered:

i don't remember ARTPOP

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DrCake

I’m completely indiferent to her and Chromatica at this very moment. Haven’t even streamed it once in weeks, I believe. For sure the most anticlimactic thing she’s done her whole career. 

S0436

The thing is she stopped her music for Covid and BLM, but didn’t stop promoting HLs, Tudor watches and perfume!  It’s a double standard, and one I’m not happy about :yennefer:

honestly? disappointed and kind of pissed off. at this point what Gaga is doing is ingratitude at its highest. I’m starting to think she doesn’t even care about us anymore. She’s acting cold and remaining silent just cause she wants to.

I was trying to believe that something was going on, or that Gaga was silent because of the pandemic + BLM. But since she reappeared just to promote new Haus Labs products and Tudor watches I don’t see how she’s so incapable to at least tweet something like “the era is over” or “it is still happening, just be patient”, or idk just remembering that her fans exist. This kind of behavior doesn’t even seems like something from the same woman I loved so much years ago. 

Regina George

I honestly feel like she’s over the fame and everything that comes with it. I also don’t feel the passion for performance art and music I felt when she started. That is unfortunate but I hope she is happy and I hope she will find something that makes her truly happy. At this point I wouldn’t blame her if she just retired and moved to some secluded area where she’ll start her own family. I wish her luck. 

@grndmothrmonst and @EuphoricVibez what is so funny/sad about what I wrote? I’d honestly like to know. 

HeavyMetalLover

I feel like she is well into her career and this must be the longest break she has had in a very long time; she deserves some peace and rest. If she’s taking advantage of that, then more power to her. She worked hard to create this album and she can rest for a bit. The optimist in me thinks she is gearing up for whatever promo/release is coming next, and that this break will be more than worth it.

Also I have been a fan for a long time, and have had my moments of disillusionment with her, so I can understand fans who are feeling let down. I’ve been there. I wasn’t as interested from the end of the ARTPOP era until ASIB reignited my interest. Chromatica really reignited my inner Gaga stan.

It’s important to remember she’s a human being who is highly sensitive and just because she is taking some distance right now, doesn’t mean she doesn’t care anymore. I believe she cares way more than we know.

i don't remember ARTPOP

Arloway

For those who say she makes her own choice, she needs a break, or she doesn't have to live for others...I completely agree with you, BUT

It's just so frustrating for old fans who followed her through ARTPOP and Joanne era, where she's so desperate and upset that the music industry don't like her anymore. It's heartbreaking to watch how depressed she was for all those years and all she had was pain. But now, after ASIB and long time of efforts, she almost reclaim herself as one of the biggest pop stars yet she completely blow her last shot and now her commercial career is officially done(I'm not being pathetic, there hasn't been one female singer who did this to her career and still regain popularity for future projects)

If she hates being a pop girl and hot star and just want to stay lowkey as a musician from now on, and is doing all these by steady choice, I am happy for her. What I'm scare about is that after 2020 she suddenly wakes up and wants to claim her pop throne again and start crazily promoting chromatica yet receive 0 results and once again fall into that ARTPOP/joanne depressed status. Which I think is very possible. Then she once again starts crying all the time, complaining why the fans don't love her anymore, why she is such a failure. By then it's us fans who suffer with her once again.

There won't be another ASIB, and there won't be a second chance for any singer to reclaim the glory. She ruined her career and we still have to pay our ass for it.

HorusRa2
6 minutes ago, Arloway said:

For those who say she makes her own choice, she needs a break, or she doesn't have to live for others...I completely agree with you, BUT

It's just so frustrating for old fans who followed her through ARTPOP and Joanne era, where she's so desperate and upset that the music industry don't like her anymore. It's heartbreaking to watch how depressed she was for all those years and all she had was pain. But now, after ASIB and long time of efforts, she almost reclaim herself as one of the biggest pop stars yet she completely blow her last shot and now her commercial career is officially done(I'm not being pathetic, there hasn't been one female singer who did this to her career and still regain popularity for future projects)

If she hates being a pop girl and hot star and just want to stay lowkey as a musician from now on, and is doing all these by steady choice, I am happy for her. What I'm scare about is that after 2020 she suddenly wakes up and wants to claim her pop throne again and start crazily promoting chromatica yet receive 0 results and once again fall into that ARTPOP/joanne depressed status. Which I think is very possible. Then she once again starts crying all the time, complaining why the fans don't love her anymore, why she is such a failure. By then it's us fans who suffer with her once again.

There won't be another ASIB, and there won't be a second chance for any singer to reclaim the glory. She ruined her career and we still have to pay our ass for it.

This is a bit extreme. Her career is not over.. lol. 

Chromatica shows that she can be moderately successful if she releases the right music. It also shows that without huge support from her record label, radios just aren't going to give her top 10s without a huge mainstream collaboration. It's just the fact that the ageism and sexism on the radios are at a fever pitch and there's not much she can do about that over 10 years into her career. 

There does always seem to be something that goes terribly wrong in all of her album cycles and it limits her potential success, that is definitely true. If she released more frequently (not ever 3/4 years) then I think she would be perfectly capable of shrugging this moment off. But we are now 6 regular studio albums in and she hasn't changed the way she releases her albums or the pace at which she releases. So, I don't think that's changing. 

As fans who pay attention to the nuts and bolts of an album cycle, there will always be the next cycle but I think for most fans it's about the fan engagement, music, music videos, fashion and performances. So far, she has only given us the music & 1 music video. Part of it can be attributed to the panedmic but I think if the fan engagement was better then there wouldn't be so much irritation among the fan base. Im not saying she needs to tweet all day to fans but some kind of engagement would suffice. As I've already said, radio interviews, album streaming party, live stream q/a about the album, etc. etc. She could get away with doing the bare minimum and this fanbase would defend it but she has chosen as I've already said to move on to more commercial ventures now that she came out to sell her album. It's just what she does now & fans need to start getting used to it. I don't think it's changing. 

Arloway
2 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

This is a bit extreme. Her career is not over.. lol. 

Chromatica shows that she can be moderately successful if she releases the right music. It also shows that without huge support from her record label, radios just aren't going to give her top 10s without a huge mainstream collaboration. It's just the fact that the ageism and sexism on the radios are at a fever pitch and there's not much she can do about that over 10 years into her career. 

There does always seem to be something that goes terribly wrong in all of her album cycles and it limits her potential success, that is definitely true. If she released more frequently (not ever 3/4 years) then I think she would be perfectly capable of shrugging this moment off. But we are now 6 regular studio albums in and she hasn't changed the way she releases her albums or the pace at which she releases. So, I don't think that's changing. 

As fans who pay attention to the nuts and bolts of an album cycle, there will always be the next cycle but I think for most fans it's about the fan engagement, music, music videos, fashion and performances. So far, she has only given us the music & 1 music video. Part of it can be attributed to the panedmic but I think if the fan engagement was better then there wouldn't be so much irritation among the fan base. Im not saying she needs to tweet all day to fans but some kind of engagement would suffice. As I've already said, radio interviews, album streaming party, live stream q/a about the album, etc. etc. She could get away with doing the bare minimum and this fanbase would defend it but she has chosen as I've already said to move on to more commercial ventures now that she came out to sell her album. It's just what she does now & fans need to start getting used to it. I don't think it's changing. 

I understand what you said, and I know that we can't expect someone in the 12th year of her career to be the same person...It's just that the whole Joanne and ASIB era she was fighting so hard and tirelessly to reclaim her commercial performance and built up potential for a massive huge comeback. But now she just destroys it completely. As fans who's been through the ARTPOP/Joanne era it's impossible to say that we aren't disappointed and frustrated...

I believe most ppl complaining here will continue supporting her still, it's just that we are so tired and disappointed. 

HeavyMetalLover
7 minutes ago, Arloway said:

IAs fans who's been through the ARTPOP/Joanne era it's impossible to say that we aren't disappointed and frustrated...

I believe most ppl complaining here will continue supporting her still, it's just that we are so tired and disappointed. 

You’re preaching to the choir. I found it exhausting to be a fan in 2012 - she seemed really unhappy and I was disappointed with her for some reason I can't really understand now (looking back, I think a lot of it was projecting my own issues onto a pop star that I felt attached to :bear:). Sometimes it’s okay to take a break from a musician for a while if you’re feeling burnt out by them, that’s fine. Her career will be fine. You’ll be fine. There will be more amazing Gaga music and videos and this time will be a memory. :sis:

i don't remember ARTPOP

HorusRa2

14 minutes ago, Arloway said:

I understand what you said, and I know that we can't expect someone in the 12th year of her career to be the same person...It's just that the whole Joanne and ASIB era she was fighting so hard and tirelessly to reclaim her commercial performance and built up potential for a massive huge comeback. But now she just destroys it completely. As fans who's been through the ARTPOP/Joanne era it's impossible to say that we aren't disappointed and frustrated...

That's the thing though. She doesn't exactly owe the fans anything. The fans have to decide that if they are happy with what Gaga is doing, then fine. But if they aren't then it's just no longer beneficial to bring toxicity into the fan base & it only deteriorates the existing relationship between the fan base and Gaga. She already doesn't engage much with the fans owed to the fact that from BTW era through Joanne, as a whole the fan base has been very aggressively negative towards her. She doesn't have an incentive to engage with negativity. We already know that she has issues with mental health so odds are she has disengaged to some extent for her own mental health because she has so far been unable to satiate the fan base as whole. 

I think it's time for the unhappy fans to mostly disengage for both themselves as much as Gaga. It doesn't change that you were a fan since day 1 or whenever or the love you have for her or her music but it's a quote 'relationship' that isn't' healthy for either party. Sometimes it's time to let go.  

MingersPrayer

I’d love a full blown strategic pop blow out with videos & singles & interviews & appearances ... BUT she’s a human and she’s already an established artist. She’s earned the right to drop work when she likes. I still want more but I’m not going to criticise her for going at her pace. 

Cavadour

Listening to Chromatica. But I also kinda miss her day by day online presence. I'm slightly worried and I hope she's alright.

The merch I ordered arrived today. I'll show my unconditional support going out with friends proudly wearing a Gaga tee and spinning Chromatica in the home stereo...

But yeah, wondering and worrying a bit...

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Archived