⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

Follow us on TikTok
Sign in to follow this  
society

MESS: Trump’s ACTUALLY about to ban TikTok

holy scheisse
Posted (edited)

May this move incite younger people to vote more fervently than ever lol. 

Edited by holy scheisse

justhislife
7 minutes ago, Fresco said:

These would be horrible if they were really happening. I never give Instagram access to my camera. It pops up a window and asks for camera permission every time I accidentally touch the post area. But I can browse other people's pictures without it asking for permission to my camera.

I hate the feeling of doing banking or buying things online if there might be any app that might be keylogging or trying to steal private info. It's creepy and potentially costly.  

It may or may not be true that tiktok users are kids that don't do banking/shopping from their phones and don't care if China gets their multitude of selfies. Those kids will grow up, start buying online, and then apps get to use everything they have on the phone.

It is happening to others, and Instagram said it was a "bug" even though they fixed the same "bug" for Facebook last year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/7/25/21338151/instagram-bug-camera-privacy-ios14-apple

• Thanks 1

DoremonLove

Modis impact:ladyhaha: 

How can anoyone not love gaga

Ikonik
14 hours ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

I wouldn’t underestimate the TikTok fan base HAHAHA, a lot of them are actually 18+ as well. I can attest to that :poot:

18+ actually acting like a 7 years old :triggered:

SpicyTomato

This is a good thing. TikTok is a datamining operation by the CCP.

China is super antagonistic towards the United States. They block everything, Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Its about time the United States responded in kind by banning an app that is an actual cyber security threat.

Eido

For once he is doing something smart :ally:

Sorry for all the teenagers here (I still don't like him tho) 

alsemanche

Honestly the way people are like "i'm with him on this one" is so stupid. Y'all are fine with him banning a social media app just because you don't like it (which I don't either because I find it cringey af) and supporting his decision that stems from pure idiocy and hypocrisy. If you really agree with him banning because they collect user info, maybe you should also call for a ban on twitter, facebook, instagram, whatsapp, and practically every other app.

• Like 2

SpicyTomato
Just now, alsemanche said:

Honestly the way people are like "i'm with him on this one" is so stupid. Y'all are fine with him banning a social media app just because you don't like it (which I don't either because I find it cringey af) and supporting his decision that stems from pure idiocy and hypocrisy. If you really agree with him banning because they collect user info, maybe you should also call for a ban on twitter, facebook, instagram, whatsapp, and practically every other app.

Those apps are not data mining operations owned by the Chinese Communist Party. TikTok, however, is.

The Chinese government is evil. They're currently committing a holocaust against Chinese Muslims, and since they have nukes most of the world feels powerless to stop it. They illegally invaded and annexed Tibet, while arresting and killing peaceful monks. They're constantly threatening Taiwan and are trying to end Hong Kong's democracy. They're the definition of an antagonistic imperialist power and TikTok is one of many examples of them trying to data mine American citizens as much as possible. This is completely different than Youtube sending you a personalized ad.

Not to mention the President apparently owes millions to Chinese state-owned banks. Who knows how that's been influencing policy the past four years. Another reason to vote for Joe.

• Like 1

ItWasntLaauv
29 minutes ago, Ikonik said:

18+ actually acting like a 7 years old :triggered:

I don’t trust people who think they’re TOO mature or above TikTok, it’s fun, leave me alone. :bear:

• LMAO 2

alsemanche
12 minutes ago, SpicyTomato said:

Those apps are not data mining operations owned by the Chinese Communist Party. TikTok, however, is.

The Chinese government is evil. They're currently committing a holocaust against Chinese Muslims, and since they have nukes most of the world feels powerless to stop it. They illegally invaded and annexed Tibet, while arresting and killing peaceful monks. They're constantly threatening Taiwan and are trying to end Hong Kong's democracy. They're the definition of an antagonistic imperialist power and TikTok is one of many examples of them trying to data mine American citizens as much as possible. This is completely different than Youtube sending you a personalized ad.

Not to mention the President apparently owes millions to Chinese state-owned banks. Who knows how that's been influencing policy the past four years. Another reason to vote for Joe.

I'm not defending China at all, but to pretend that the US is any better (regardless of whether the info is being mined by the government or by private companies) is delusional and hypocritical

• Like 2

SpicyTomato
Just now, alsemanche said:

I'm not defending China at all, but to pretend that the US is any better (regardless of whether the info is being mined by the government or by private companies) is delusional and hypocritical

Better in what way?

Ricksies

Good. I hope the rest of the world follows suit. 

Rio

I don't like him but I don't know whether approve of this or disapprove

Eido

The problem is not that they just data mine, because every other app on this planet does it. The problem is how they use it. In China, Chinese people are literally being watched 24/7. Data from other countries can easily become intelligence. 

It can be used for a commercial war, or can be used for even worse purpose (I mean WORSE, like secret services worse). In China, a company has the obligation to work with the government and give them all the data they collect. It is far more dangerous than companies selling data about what you'd like to buy to an ad company. 

• Like 2

elijahfan

He has a pandemic on his hands, and that's what he chooses to focus his energy on? :interestinga:

• Like 1