⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

Follow us on TikTok
Sign in to follow this  
society

MESS: Trump’s ACTUALLY about to ban TikTok

Zeth

Other countries have banned TikTok before the US. Even before the iOS 14 beta update proved that TikTok was snooping your keyboard information (and then gave 2 completely different explanations why), security and privacy have been a huge criticism of TikTok. This has zero things to do with silencing people, getting “revenge” on China, etc. (although I wouldn’t doubt he is pressed to do it especially because it’s China).

There will be an app that’ll replace it as soon as it’s gone. One which won’t sell your data to a hostile foreign government (but will likely find some way to annoyingly monetize it, of course). There are already competitors out, which creators will flock to. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Doot

Bring back Vine. 

ᴡᴀꜱ ɪᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏɢᴇʏᴍᴀɴ?
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Zeth
Just now, Doot said:

Bring back Vine. 

The creators of Vine released an app months ago called Byte. It didn’t capture much of TikTok’s market, but if TikTok does go down, I wouldn’t be surprised if it pulls through. 

Doot
Just now, Zeth said:

The creators of Vine released an app months ago called Byte. It didn’t capture much of TikTok’s market, but if TikTok does go down, I wouldn’t be surprised if it pulls through. 

Let's hope. 

Vine was awesome. 

ᴡᴀꜱ ɪᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏɢᴇʏᴍᴀɴ?
  • Like 2

Bloody hooker
1 hour ago, gumzy3000 said:

I have never seen the hype of Tik Tok honestly 

Didn’t either until I started using it last year. I was so anti TikTok (fka Musical.ly), because I was a Vine stan. All the public sees is what super popular, and almost never sees the material from creators such as cool special effects, intense creative stories, music, cinematography, and art. It’s more than just a popular dance app. I wish people would give it a chance.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.
  • Like 2

justhislife
3 minutes ago, Zeth said:

Other countries have banned TikTok before the US. Even before the iOS 14 beta update proved that TikTok was snooping your keyboard information (and then gave 2 completely different explanations why), security and privacy have been a huge criticism of TikTok. This has zero things to do with silencing people, getting “revenge” on China, etc. (although I wouldn’t doubt he is pressed to do it especially because it’s China).

There will be an app that’ll replace it as soon as it’s gone. One which won’t sell your data to a hostile foreign government (but will likely find some way to annoyingly monetize it, of course). There are already competitors out, which creators will flock to. 

You mean India, after it had border disputes with China? 

If we're banning apps for abusing one's phone, when are we gonna ban Instagram for accessing the camera even when just browsing through other people's photos? Or Facebook for tracking users after logging out? Twitter after its huge hacking scandal the other week? Snapchat because employees used its data tracking software to access people's personal information? WhatsApp because Google was indexing and publishing user's private conversations? 

• Like 2

ice bear
13 minutes ago, Doot said:

Bring back Vine. 

#Doot2020

ice bear = best bear
  • LMAO 1

Trillion Reasons

Vote for Donald J. Trump if you want him to ban TikTok! :party:

And girl if you confess you might get blessed

Reginald
Posted (edited)

It seems like every week Trump is setting some new precedent for what feels like an abuse of power :bear: Checks and balances need to be strengthened once he's no longer in office 

Edited by Reginald
I've spent too long dancing all alone, dancing to the same song.
  • Like 2

Zeth
34 minutes ago, justhislife said:

If we're banning apps for abusing one's phone, when are we gonna ban Instagram for accessing the camera even when just browsing through other people's photos? Or Facebook for tracking users after logging out? Twitter after its huge hacking scandal the other week? Snapchat because employees used its data tracking software to access people's personal information? WhatsApp because Google was indexing and publishing user's private conversations? 

The key difference, to the U.S. government, is TikTok's ties to China. The other examples you've listed are valid points and I do agree 100% that those platforms should be viewed just as seriously as well as held accountable. 

brownie

Ron Swanson Success GIF
first sensible thing he does

• Like 1

Mindblown

Disgusting how some of you think that it's okay for him to ban a social media site. We make fun of karens for not wearing masks but turn a blind eye when the president of the united states removes a social media app that he's offended by. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Werk

I'm hearing it's only getting deleted if you have a government phone so what is the truth?

sillynate

I’m so conflicted with this because we’ve all heard those rumors (or have they been confirmedT? :oprah:) about tic tac spying on us way more than the other apps do so in that case I could see this as a good thing but like... Kim there’s people dying. Where was this quick action for COVID and BLM :oprah: anything to get re-elected I guess. 

Fresco
10 hours ago, justhislife said:

These would be horrible if they were really happening. I never give Instagram access to my camera. It pops up a window and asks for camera permission every time I accidentally touch the post area. But I can browse other people's pictures without it asking for permission to my camera.

I hate the feeling of doing banking or buying things online if there might be any app that might be keylogging or trying to steal private info. It's creepy and potentially costly.  

It may or may not be true that tiktok users are kids that don't do banking/shopping from their phones and don't care if China gets their multitude of selfies. Those kids will grow up, start buying online, and then apps get to use everything they have on the phone.