Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ceremony। American Life । Madonna

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

HausOfAntonio
Just now, Trillion Reasons said:

Excuse me what? :oprah: Borderline, Live To Tell, You'll See, This Used To Be My Playground, Drowned World/Substitute For Love, half of Bedtime Stories, Easy Ride, X-Static Process, Masterpiece, Ghosttown... :bear:

I don’t see DWSFL as a ballad tbf. Masterpiece is good and the rest are disposable. 

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
erotic4
3 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Easy Ride is cute. Madonna doesn’t really shine on ballads because her vocals can’t carry them. :ohwell:

Live to Tell and Oh Father say hello

https://www.last.fm/pt/user/erotic4

HausOfAntonio
Just now, erotic4 said:

Hello to the trash can :billie:

LoLaA
1 hour ago, Aarghya said:

Mother and Father vs Die Another Day - which one will miss top 5? 

It betta be die another way

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

Bubblegum Bitch
Just now, erotic4 said:

Oh Father, indeed. Thank you for reminding. 

HausOfAntonio
2 minutes ago, Trillion Reasons said:

Excuse me what? :oprah: Borderline, Live To Tell, You'll See, This Used To Be My Playground, Drowned World/Substitute For Love, half of Bedtime Stories, Easy Ride, X-Static Process, Masterpiece, Ghosttown... :bear:

I do love me some Bedtime Stories though :selena: Its the more RnB production that compliments her. I guess I meant more stripped down ballads. 

Anveeroy

6. Mother and Father - Average Score: 8.10

Highest Score: 11 @DavidLuis198 @erotic4

Lowest Score: 1.3 @Blown Away

43226-fr10-A-tif.jpg

COMMENTS:

@Pennywise I can relate to this on a spiritual level.

@Blown Away Nothing about this song is pleasing to me. The instrumental sounds like someone mashed some Mario Bros. sounds together, the higher pitched vocals don't work, the song is sonically boring, and on top of that she tries to rap again. Knock it off Madonna, the rap scene isn't for you. Get a job and stay away from her.

@MingersPrayer This is peak annoying-voice madonna and I still love it. I remember watching the Dateline interview & her doing this with acoustic guitar. I fell in love with it. Can you imagine doing a tower records gig in today’s world and that being your main promo strategy?! Go and watch the interview on YouTube - quite telling of the times..

@HausOfAntonio One of her weirder songs which weirdly work? Its quite smart.

@SabadoDeGloria Honestly, I feel for this song being between X-Static Process and Die Another Day. It's just such an easy skip for me.

@HeavyMetalLover @This song made me gay.

@nickkoko The production on this track is so wild. To think this was 2003.

@memomemome Why do I think it's actually really sad song, in perspective, what is really happened?

@shoful One of the few times Madonna blatantly opens up about her life as a child with losing her Mother and how that affected her personally and the relationship with her father. The rap in the song chants Madonna’s despair as a young child and how alone she really was as a kid. She seems to be manifesting this pain into why she can’t find the love of her life.

@Lionel Ronaldo It’s a personal song for Madge. I like it, espacially the instrumental

@paradox thought this song was kinda bad until the last verse, then it grew on me

@Judas Society The electronics here sounds like it could come from Kylie's "Fever".

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Anveeroy

Okay, predict your TOP 5!

1. American Life

2. Hollywood

4. Love Profusion

6. Nothing Fails

10. Die Another Day

erotic4
3 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Hello to the trash can :billie:

girl, shut up

https://www.last.fm/pt/user/erotic4

Anveeroy

So no one is in mood to predict the top 5? 

shoful
Just now, Aarghya said:

Okay, predict your TOP 5!

1. American Life

2. Hollywood

4. Love Profusion

6. Nothing Fails

10. Die Another Day

1. Nothing Fails

2. Hollywood

3. Love Profusion

4. American Life

5. Die Another Day

SociableEachBlackrhino-size_restricted.g

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Bubblegum Bitch
Just now, Aarghya said:

So no one is in mood to predict the top 5? 

I just don't want Love Profusion and Hollywood to be in Top 3.

LoLaA
1 hour ago, Aarghya said:

6. Mother and Father - Average Score: 8.10

Highest Score: 11 @DavidLuis198 @erotic4

Lowest Score: 1.3 @Blown Away

43226-fr10-A-tif.jpg

COMMENTS:

@Pennywise I can relate to this on a spiritual level.

@Blown Away Nothing about this song is pleasing to me. The instrumental sounds like someone mashed some Mario Bros. sounds together, the higher pitched vocals don't work, the song is sonically boring, and on top of that she tries to rap again. Knock it off Madonna, the rap scene isn't for you. Get a job and stay away from her.

@MingersPrayer This is peak annoying-voice madonna and I still love it. I remember watching the Dateline interview & her doing this with acoustic guitar. I fell in love with it. Can you imagine doing a tower records gig in today’s world and that being your main promo strategy?! Go and watch the interview on YouTube - quite telling of the times..

@HausOfAntonio One of her weirder songs which weirdly work? Its quite smart.

@SabadoDeGloria Honestly, I feel for this song being between X-Static Process and Die Another Day. It's just such an easy skip for me.

@HeavyMetalLover @This song made me gay.

@nickkoko The production on this track is so wild. To think this was 2003.

@memomemome Why do I think it's actually really sad song, in perspective, what is really happened?

@shoful One of the few times Madonna blatantly opens up about her life as a child with losing her Mother and how that affected her personally and the relationship with her father. The rap in the song chants Madonna’s despair as a young child and how alone she really was as a kid. She seems to be manifesting this pain into why she can’t find the love of her life.

@Lionel Ronaldo It’s a personal song for Madge. I like it, espacially the instrumental

@paradox thought this song was kinda bad until the last verse, then it grew on me

@Judas Society The electronics here sounds like it could come from Kylie's "Fever".

@Blown Away 1.3 :ladyhaha:

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

Archived