💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Folklore debuts with metascore of 93 (4 reviews)

LateToCult

Featured Posts

Suuus
6 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

WWAFAWDWG has an 82 on metacritic based on 21 reviews.

My bad but I wasnt far of also why are critics so hard on gaga its not fair

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LORD GAGA
48 minutes ago, SUBURBIA said:

not sure how you didn’t know it was released until a day later considering it wasn’t even released 24 hours ago?

Ok then... nearly a day later. 

LORD GAGA
17 minutes ago, Majora said:

The albums only been out for 19 hours :noparty:

Ok then... nearly a day (the next day) 

ELECTROHEART

The critics acclaiming white mediocrity as usual

Nothing new :bear:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Suuus
7 minutes ago, Ikonik said:

The critics acclaiming white mediocrity as usual

Nothing new :bear:

Metacritic is like rotten tomatos but for music

Spock

everybody sure is pressed in here :lmao: 

this masterpiece here better with each listen whew 

who will love me when the night is over

2School4Cool

This album is honestly remarkable, especially after listening a few times and really being able to soak it all in. The melodies, the lyrics, the instrumentation, it’s all just so beautiful. It deserves all the positive accolades.

See The Best In Everyone

Big Reputation

She deserves it! This album is amazing! Was waiting for something this year to really grab me when it comes to music! This definitely did 😊

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

This is Taylor's magnum opus. She is operating on a higher level than any of her peers. She deserves all the acclaim that she is getting. Imagine peaking on her 8th album. Such growth.

Taylor's ability to grow and improve has to be admired. After her debut, she grew and perfected the sound/lyrics to make Fearless. She did Red then again perfected it to make 1989. With Lover she got her feet wet with the indie/pop sound and now she goes all the way in and delivers the best album of the year.

I do have a preference for vocalists that will always prevent me from fully stanning her, but she is by far the best pop artist today. She is an incredibly talented songwriter and musician while being smart and eloquent. She knows what she wants and she executes it with perfection. She is officially in her own lane and will likely go down as an all time great.

shane_c

Attacking Trump, campaigning for Democrats, coming out for gay rights... has paid off with the critics.

1 minute ago, shane_c said:

Attacking Trump, campaigning for Democrats, coming out for gay rights... has paid off with the critics.

Gaga did the same and still hasn't touched anywhere near the acclaim as Folklore. Maybe the album is just phenomenal?

My Name Isnt Alice

Welcome to todays episode of trashing chromatica

shane_c
2 minutes ago, Mr S said:

Gaga did the same and still hasn't touched anywhere near the acclaim as Folklore. Maybe the album is just phenomenal?

The reaction to Gaga was negative though, unfairly or not. Ill be honest I haven't listened to Folklore, but Ive heard its boring. I just know how critics are and politics does bias their opinions.

tyler k

while I definitely agree it's a really great album, I feel like 90+ is too high... maybe 85-87, that sounds more reasonable to me. I'm sure as more reviews filter in, it'll drop a bit and level out. this is also coming from someone who doesn't know much about Taylor Swift other than her big singles .I like her! and this is the first album of hers i've fully listened to. Don't get me wrong, i loved it! it's gorgeous songwriting and lyricism and the sound is so refreshing. 

........also still slightly annoyed Chromatica got 79 when it deserves higher.....

it was considered critical acclaim for a hot second before they added the pitchfork review. this is prob for another thread, but a lot of the reviews read like raves but factored out to be a lot lower numerically. which i don't understand.

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Archived