💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Folklore debuts with metascore of 93 (4 reviews)

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LORD GAGA
3 minutes ago, GABEL said:

just because they are all ballads doesn't mean it's a "  less interesting" album
the lyrics are magical, put on the headphones you will know the production is on point, this is Taylor Swift at her best.
or maybe you are just not that into slow songs:huntyga:

I think people have over hyped this album... like... I didn’t even know she released it until a day later :rip: it’s by no means a ‘bad’ album it is nothing different or ‘special’ in the grand scale of ‘Taylor swift’ lol

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mister G

Damn staying on course of the subject her score shot up to 95 out of 13 reviews submitted.

I found it to be a Snoozefest but Im  not mad at the score, the lyrics are topnotch quality, the music seems to be decent it's just not my personal taste 

GABEL
3 minutes ago, LORD GAGA said:

I think people have over hyped this album... like... I didn’t even know she released it until a day later :rip: it’s by no means a ‘bad’ album it is nothing different or ‘special’ in the grand scale of ‘Taylor swift’ lol

it's a typical Taylor Swift album but it's reasonable that it got high score on metacritic. it's cohesive, personal and well-written, it's exactly the kind of album that critics love.
it doesn't have to be groundbreaking to be well-acclaimed:vegas:  on the other hand most well-acclaimed albums are kinda boring to general public.

DeanWinchester
6 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

Teal was the colour of your shirt when you were 16 at the yogurt shop 

Is a 93

:enigma:

ok 

Taylor tells a complete story with her lyrics so taking it apart like this is a disservice because the lyricism and narrative style of that song is very strong as a whole.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

15 minutes ago, GABEL said:

just because they are all ballads doesn't mean it's a "  less interesting" album
the lyrics are magical, put on the headphones you will know the production is on point, this is Taylor Swift at her best.
or maybe you are just not that into slow songs:huntyga:

You are right, music is subjective anyway but Ive found ballads and slow songs from Taylor less boring than the whole album. I just dont personally feel the magic in it, I do find the poetry in it and the "vibe" but it's very boring, Im a bit shocked tbh by how boring it is to me. Usually she transports you into another realm, she has failed to do it for me and I think for the most part because of the lack of cohesion in the melody of each song. Very monotonous overall

Bleachella
12 minutes ago, LORD GAGA said:

not sure how you didn’t know it was released until a day later considering it wasn’t even released 24 hours ago?

LateToCult
26 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Im now actualy wonder if metacritic is all that important sinds billie ellish her album has no reviews 

Which Billie album?

DeanWinchester
6 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Besides, another factor that comes into play is that albums have more positive receptions in recent years. Dua Lipa, Beyonce and now Taylor all have 90+ scores. This was completely unheard of in the 2000s. No Bjork album had such a high score..

A 80 score isn't that high anymore after so many pop artists have one or more albums with 80+ scores. Soon 90+ scores will not be *that* incredibile anymore.

Which makes it even more frustrating that Gaga doesn't even have an 80+ score if it really is getting easier/the average is getting higher

:madge:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Flawless

I don't understand why some of you are so pressed about a score. At the end of the day what matters is if you like the project or not. 

Really happy for her. It's a great direction for her career. The album is amazing, had listened to it non stop since it released.

the scars on my mind are on replay.

Gimme More

ugh listening to the album again, it just gets even better :bradley:

she deserves all the praise :applause:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

GABEL
5 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

You are right, music is subjective anyway but Ive found ballads and slow songs from Taylor less boring than the whole album. I just dont personally feel the magic in it, I do find the poetry in it and the "vibe" but it's very boring, Im a bit shocked tbh by how boring it is to me. Usually she transports you into another realm, she has failed to do it for me and I think for the most part because of the lack of cohesion in the melody of each song. Very monotonous overall

I think it's exactly why it got high score, it's way less emotional and less pop than her past albums and she tried nothing to please her audience.:huntyga: but it's named folklore so I kinda expect how it sounds like when i listen to it, maybe you just have wrong expectation for this album:yennefer:

Suuus
19 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Which Billie album?

When we sleep were do we go i couldnt find it but thats probably i because i typed in her name instead of the name of the album it has a 75 on metacritic 

Justin Drew Bieber
44 minutes ago, LORD GAGA said:

The albums only been out for 19 hours :noparty:

LateToCult
3 minutes ago, Suuus said:

When we sleep were do we go i couldnt find it but thats probably i because i typed in her name instead of the name of the album it has a 75 on metacritic 

WWAFAWDWG has an 82 on metacritic based on 21 reviews.

Archived