Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

The PS5 and Backwards Comparability

Seeka

Featured Posts

Seeka

The PS5 on launch will have backwards compatibility with the top 100 selling games on the PS4. While they will eventually have backwards compatibility with all PS4 games (and hopefully PS3 games? *Wink wink nudge nudge*) I figured I'd inform everyone of what games you'll be able to directly play from PS5 launch day.

Some of these are very likely, and others I'm still unsure about. 

Also, while Call of Duty and FIFA sell a lot, I'm not sure if their companies would allow backwards compatibility of their games due to sales and etc.  So I will be leaving them off the list. I will also be leaving ports/graphical remasters off the list. So it will be mostly original games. 

Grand Theft Auto V (definitely)

Spiderman (definitely)

Uncharted 4 (definitely)

Horizon Zero Dawn (definitely)

God of War (definitely)

The Last of Us Parts 1 & 2 (definitely)

Final Fantasy VII Remake (definitely)

Red Dead Redemption 2 (definitely)

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (definitely)

Kingdom Hearts 3 (definitely)

Days Gone (definitely)

inFAMOUS Second Son (definitely)

Monster Hunter World  (maybe, leaning HARD on definitely)

Nier Automata (maybe, leaning on definitely)

Detroit Become Human (maybe leaning on definitely)

Bloodborne (definitely, though maybe not if the entire Souls series is being ported)

Final Fantasy XV (maybe, leaning towards no)

This is just some general things. It'd probably take me all day to go through what I think would be the best selling games and compare. Sony said the 100 top selling games would be first to be backwards compatible, however, like I said, due to the sales structure of CoD and FIFA games, I doubt their creators would even let them be backwards compatible. 

Mister G

Damn no love for Resident Evil 2 Remake and that was one of their top games in 2019.

dynamite

I wish every new Playstation was backwards compatible because I mostly play games from my childhood... so PS1/PS2, but I also like a few PS3 games and also want the PS4 remakes of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro etc :fatcat:

Seeka
4 minutes ago, Mister G said:

Damn no love for Resident Evil 2 Remake and that was one of their top games in 2019.

Like I said I'm not spending all day looking up 100 damn games sales for GGD. This is just stuff I could easily double check. 

Remember. 100 games. From launch date.

Lady Rah Rah
5 minutes ago, Mister G said:

I absolutely love that game even though I struggled so hard at the end and had to switch to Assisted mode for the final boss :ladyhaha: 

ARTPOP, you’ll always have my heart.

Mister G
Just now, Lady Rah Rah said:

I absolutely love that game even though I struggled so hard at the end and had to switch to Assisted mode for the final boss :ladyhaha: 

I did in the beginning as well. I will say that Leon 2nd Run on Hardcore was the worst to get that flipping S+ ranking in the end.

Long live the PS2. 

They need to release the Spider-Man game for PC cuz I'm getting annoyed tbh. 

Seeka
5 minutes ago, dynamite said:

I wish every new Playstation was backwards compatible because I mostly play games from my childhood... so PS1/PS2, but I also like a few PS3 games and also want the PS4 remakes of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro etc :fatcat:

Well there were rumors that the PS5 was backwards compatible to the first generation. 

If they're doing it by software, it's entirely possible. There's games for the PS3 I missed out on. 

Seeka
Just now, Doot said:

Long live the PS2. 

They need to release the Spider-Man game for PC cuz I'm getting annoyed tbh. 

Doesn't Sony own the game rights though? And that's why it's exclusive?

HeavyMetalLover
11 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Those remakes are SO good. I just started replaying Crash and love it. It is really difficult at times though.

i don't remember ARTPOP

shoful
8 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Well there were rumors that the PS5 was backwards compatible to the first generation. 

If they're doing it by software, it's entirely possible. There's games for the PS3 I missed out on. 

Same I wanna play FF13. 

so happy that PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS4. Much easier than switching consoles back and forth. I wonder how we’ll get memory of those games onto the PS5 and if thats possible? 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

shoful

Also Destiny 2 will definitely be on PS5. Idk if “backwards compatible” but some type of free update is planned 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Reginald
18 minutes ago, dynamite said:

THIS. I will *never* get rid of my old PS2 or games, because most of my collection is lost to time and unavailable digitally 

10 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Doesn't Sony own the game rights though? And that's why it's exclusive?

Yes and just like when Gaga and other artists do apple exclusives, I get annoyed. :dom:

Seeka
4 minutes ago, shoful said:

Same I wanna play FF13. 

so happy that PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS4. Much easier than switching consoles back and forth. I wonder how we’ll get memory of those games onto the PS5 and if thats possible? 

I'm assuming through the PlayStation Memory thing since you can upload saves to servers I think. 

Plus I think it's possible to move all of your PS4's memory onto a formatted external hard drive. So that's also possible. 

Archived