Jump to content
economy

KFC working on lab-produced chicken nuggets


Werk

Featured Posts

ItWasntLaauv
1 hour ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Is there side effects to humans?

All the KFC’s in my area have terrible customer service so I don’t know if I would ever even try this. :rip: 

I mean, their food is already terrible for human health, I don’t think people are worried about side effects of fried food lol. :zilla:

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

People be like, "eww! no thanks!", as if they didn't eat lab product already with their cheetos, kraft mac n cheese, cereals, and candies, among others, that contains lots of chemicals. :billie:

 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Link to post
Share on other sites

LaLuna

Ew. Just ew. I feel like out of all the fast food chains, KFC has to be one of the worst, if not the worst. Terrible food, terrible customer service, and now this? Plus I'm trying to not eat as much processed food, and this is like, taking processed food to whole new level. They can keep it.

giphy.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

heavymlover

I get that this is the future of food and that it's a more sustainable way of living, but at the same time this is all kind of scary :selena: I suppose it's one of those things that will become the new normal eventually, but still, it's kind of weird to think that your meat is being created in a lab.

That said, it's not like we aren't eating a lot of lab produced foods already.

Link to post
Share on other sites

funkmedowntown

If you’ve ever had broccoli you’re already cool with consuming something which is nearly 100% genetically modified material. It will be better for the planet! 

Little Mons✟er
Link to post
Share on other sites

GagaSine

Sounds gross tbh. I‘m more than happy with the meat free alternatives that already exist. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

GagaSine
31 minutes ago, funkmedowntown said:

If you’ve ever had broccoli you’re already cool with consuming something which is nearly 100% genetically modified material. It will be better for the planet! 

That‘s not really the same. Like yeah modern produce is modified through selective breeding etc but the broccoli still  grew in the ground or hydroponically. Idk the details but the chicken will just be a weird growing fleshy lump presumably. 

It will definitely be interesting to see if it will be more sustainable than mass livestock farming and how nutritious it will be (like how will they ‘feed’ it as some nutrition in meat comes from the animals diets, just inject a nutrient solution or what?).

Also crazy but the sci fi novel Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood, published in 2003, contains references to lab grown meat, in this case through genetic modification scientists created headless chickens that grow fat and meaty very quickly. It‘s definitely a concept that has been around for quite a while!

Link to post
Share on other sites

sarahb

I wish there was just as much a push for higher welfare and sustainable animal products as there was for alternatives.

Do you feel him sir?
Link to post
Share on other sites

BillieGOAT

If y’all eat this just be ready for your offspring to have 6 legs or something:smh:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...