💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

What makes DWUW RnB?

DC

Featured Posts

So there's SO many times where people called Do What U Want an RnB song, even Gaga herself, but to me it just sounds like a mid-tempo electro pop song, what makes it RnB? Genuine question, I'm not saying it's not, I'm just curious as to what makes it an RnB song :vegas:

NFRatwell

The beat and her vocals. It didn’t hurt that she added the ex-king of RnB to it too :bear:

MiQuenDroid
2 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Is this a real question? :bear:

DWUW is an Electro-R&B bop.

Wikipedia says: "Genre: Synth-pop · electropop · R&B"

All I ever wanted was love...

LuvitLevit
11 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

So there's SO many times where people called Do What U Want an RnB song, even Gaga herself, but to me it just sounds like a mid-tempo electro pop song, what makes it RnB? Genuine question, I'm not saying it's not, I'm just curious as to what makes it an RnB song :vegas:

Don't feel strange asking this question.  The flow, rhythm, and groove to it gives the R&B aesthetic. The matching tempo and bass like is steady, and has a relaxing feel.  That along with her breathy vocals in the pre-chorus and background.  I honestly would be down to see her explore the genre more and deeper.  

HeavyPunkLover
4 minutes ago, MiQuenDroid said:

It’s scary how you guys believe the internet 

it’s considered RnB because of that guy 

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

FfFfFfFF

A song can be R&B and electro-pop at the same time, and I think DWUW is. Her vocals are very smooth on the song and the song just has something R&B-esque about it. 

6 minutes ago, MiQuenDroid said:

Is Wikipedia a reliable source? :neyde:

It is an electro-R&B song. 

Daylight Jokers

She altered her vocals there and made it sound more RnB than her usual 'pop' voice. She doesn't usually do riffs and runs in her songs, but in DWUW she did. The chord progression is also very typical RnB. The production was just more electronic to fit ARTPOP more. Even its iconic bassline was more RnB than pop.

Archived