đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Disconnect between fans and critics on Enigma show?

ArtpopAct2

Featured Posts

Babel

I didn’t attend the show but from recordings I could tell it was a less robotic and extremely calculated version of the beloved Monster Ball, which to me isn’t a bad thing but I guess some monsters wrongly label spontaneity as “bad execution”. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeka said:

Everyone who is bitching about the show has literally never been to the show. And they base everything on potato recordings. 

It's stupid. Everyone who has seen the show in reality, has mostly good things to say about it. 

you seriously saying potato recordings when there was literally a professionally recorded performance of the show 4 months ago? :ladyhaha:

Jose P
4 minutes ago, zino said:

you seriously saying potato recordings when there was literally a professionally recorded performance of the show 4 months ago? :ladyhaha:

Except that really wasn’t the full show with all the visuals and props it includes. It was a simplified version of it.

The show is made for drunk bridesmaids and gamblers, not little monsters. As is every Vegas show.

rasclautmangos

I think it's the wigs and oufits plus maybe some of the dialog that monster's aren't particularly fond of. 

Bonkers

I think it's just because we've seen those songs performed so many times, in so many ways - on repeat.

Seeing it for the first time, or relatively first time-ish - it's a different experience.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Seeka
24 minutes ago, zino said:

Remember the show existed before 4 months ago?

But fans and critics dont agree on most things, so I dont know why you are surprised? Critics are not always right though.

Delulu Rogers
3 hours ago, Seeka said:

Everyone who is bitching about the show has literally never been to the show. And they base everything on potato recordings. 

It's stupid. Everyone who has seen the show in reality, has mostly good things to say about it. 

Having attended the show and having a good review is just as biased as not having attended and having a bad review imo. Obviously when you're a fan and go to one of her concerts, the excitement and atmosphere of the place will still make you enjoy it and you'll leave with a happy experience despite if things aren't perfect. As long as everything is working fine and she's singing everybody will be happy. However watching a video of the concert from different angles, views, etc, you are able to see everything much more objectively and get a better understanding of what's going on (costumes, dances, acting etc)/whether or not the show is good. So I wouldn't completely right off people's opinions if they only have seen recordings. You didn't need to go to the BTWB to know it was a great show, the videos show that too. It works vice versa too. Enigma is still a good show though.

Now to answer the OP, enigma is not a bad show and the GP enjoys it but fans don't like it because it's still a far cry from BTW theatrical/innovative gaga. Considering it's Vegas, fans expected BTW level of iconicness but the costumes, dancing, storyline, acting, etc just come off really cringey and sloppy (I still can't believe she used a stool for aura :cryga:). As a result, there is no wow factor for enigma and 10 years from now it definitely won't be something we look back on like her other tours. Also, given the fact that it's super expensive, far for most and the fact that it just seems unnecessary to be doing a greatest hits residency during a re-peak leaves many fans unhappy.

Delulu Rogers

I still wonder if she had plans to revamp the show to include all chromatica tracks with choreo and costumes for each song :giveup:

looking4wonderland

I think the silly/corny Anime interludes and storyline of “finding yourself” is part of the reason fans hate it. It really is dumb. 

aaronyoji

just from the videos I've seen, it just looks really childish. that main outfit she wears even looks like a bad cosplay fit. its like, "gaga, for dummies". not that people who enjoy the show are dumb, but it seems to lack the sense of purpose her main tours have? idk... its just odd seeming. 

Bradley
5 hours ago, Mer Boy said:

Because fans know she can do better. Enigma was like a caricature of her career. There is a clear difference between how polished the JWT was compared to Enigma. Having said that, Enigma wasn't horrible. 

I mean I respect your opinion but I went to both the JWT and Enigma and I can assure you Enigma was a far more immersive and wholesome experience than the Joanne World Tour.

The JWT felt like a good and well-made concert tour whereas Enigma felt like something that no other person in this industry could offer and takes an artist with a lot of budget and advanced technology to put together. I mean sure you might see a semblance of this at DJ concerts but you will never see pop stars dancing, singing, playing instruments, acting in front of that vision.

tylertremallose

It was entertaining but my least favorite gaga show I’ve been to.

costumes were kinda...odd as well as the wigs could have used some work

but for a Vegas show and the theater it’s in, they make it work 

intotherosegarden

Its purely difference in past experience. The GP for the most part aren't going to be too involved in her career, and the critics will write from this standpoint so its totally unbiased. The fanbase is obviously is involved and knows what she can do, and the show was a disappointment compared to her others from this standpoint.

Archived