💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Katy Perry - Smile

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

ModernEcstasy

I loved NRO, 365, ST and HiH. 

I really want to support Katy, but so many of her songs stick to the same path. She needs to switch up her style because it’s getting a little tiresome. 

I like Smile, but it’s nothing groundbreaking from her. A cute little bop. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tomdsgn

While this doesn’t scream instant classic, it’s the song I needed right now, and perfectly reflects my experience over the last few months because of the pandemic. 

tomdsgn
9 minutes ago, ModernEcstasy said:

I loved NRO, 365, ST and HiH. 

Seriously, the girl was serving. :firega:

Pop Music

I really really like it 

I am a sucker for a carefree happy bubblegum pop song but like this is my second favorite thing she's released after Small Talk and NRO 

Will be on repeat for the foreseeable future 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

buzzkill

Smile

iTunes (4x #1): armenia, colombia, mexico e portugal

:poot:

HausOfHarlow

I enjoy it. I think it's fun and upbeat and with the world as it is, it's good to just let go and dance and have fun. The only thing is... I've been listening to Smile since like May..,

15 hours ago, mariomania1234 said:

The fact that there is no sonic cohesion in any of these singles. :rip:

It sounds like a bunch of random songs.

This is my only concern. Even the visuals dont match. I like the album cover and I love the aesthetic for singles individually. But when you look at it as a whole it’s all over the place. But still I want to hear the upcoming songs. :ohno:

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

Lorde Von Kok

I love it. You can really taste her happiness. Light and peace of mind :sara:

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

tomdsgn
1 hour ago, SOON said:

This is my only concern. Even the visuals dont match. I like the album cover and I love the aesthetic for singles individually. But when you look at it as a whole it’s all over the place. But still I want to hear the upcoming songs. :ohno:

Maybe she should have kept serving singles. Less pressure to get a collection together, less chance of filler, less work and more exposure in the long run  

Monster2015

Love it but sonically it sounds like Pendulum 2.0 which I don’t mind but thought it was funny 

Daylight Jokers

It kinda aged badly to me, sadly. I really liked it on my first listen but it got old on my 5th-6th listen. Funny thing is, I had the opposite reaction to Daisies which definitely grew a lot on me.

jimmytimestep
3 hours ago, SOON said:

I think that’s always been a part of what has made Katy successful though. Teenage Dream had little cohesion - it was just a collection of excellently crafted pop songs and because of that, every song stood out on the radio. CG was different than TD, still ET even more different, still LFN even more different; so she always sounded fresh on the radio, and the visuals could follow suit with creating a different experience with each release.

Ditto Prism, though it was a bit more overstuffed as an album with less hit singles. Witness was more cohesive, but that didn’t work for her.

I think she’s going back to formula; making a big grab-bag treasure trunk of shimmery, big hooks with big visuals. I hope it works out for her.

Helix

this is not it for me 

It feels like her vocals have some odd filtering on them and sound sort of muffled to me, and the rest of the instrumental doesn't really leave me satisfied

Archived