Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Smile album cover revealed!

Lighter

Featured Posts

HookerDotGov

Katy Kats really deserve military benefits after the Witness and Smile eras. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BloodyM
2 hours ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

EcdY4DLWkAMCMkT?format=jpg&name=large

This one is clearly better :firega:

i LOVE this!

HighwayFantasy

I really really like it. Its sort of a bittersweet visual, a sad smiling clown-themed cover with a good choice of colors, hiërarchie and font-shape. Its very conceptual and thus maybe not likable for everyone, but I really see it became an iconic cover. Cant wait :D

HookerDotGov

So, I honestly like the thought of a circus aesthetic or underlying theme. It could be very campy and hit a lot of different notes musically (bangers, ballads, etc.). The theme just seems so out of left-field with Daisies as the lead single and the visuals that have supported the song. I think that's my main issue with the aesthetic. 

While I don't think the cover is terrible...it seems too simple and not in a minimalist way. Katy always tries to be campy, but it never really comes off well. 

ModernEcstasy

I actually LOVE this cover. She looks so pretty and I’m interested in the circus/clown theme. 

I hope there are more “Never really Over” style bops on the album. Perched!!

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich
9 hours ago, Kimmo said:

“One second I’m the clown the suddenly the clown is still me” 

0-E64-EC12-1106-4752-BB02-585-EE071-A1-D

I was looking for this comment

FentyGa
14 minutes ago, SabadoDeGloria said:

Katy always tries to be campy, but it never really comes off well. 

honestly, i wouldnt say katy’s campy, but rather kitschy

minor distinction, but she’s more successful, if you consider the latter

RetroPhysico
1 hour ago, Queen Neyde said:

i really didnt like how the aesthetics were mixed together, i felt like her photo didnt sit well with the fonts etc but i honestly L O V E this! it suits the vintage-y vibe of her photo so well :enigma: this is so good jksdhglsa

Thank you so much :hug: I agree, I hate the layout on the official cover. The fonts are hideous but the photo is GORGEOUS.

HookerDotGov
3 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

honestly, i wouldnt say katy’s campy, but rather kitschy

minor distinction, but she’s more successful, if you consider the latter

You are right, and maybe kitsch ultimately will work best when discussing SMILE, and I also would agree some of her best visual work has involved kitsch (TGIF, Bon Apetit). However, when she has attempted camp before (SWISH, SWISH) video it wasn't effortless and came off as a cringy, try-hard. So...hopefully she keeps her visual aesthetic tight this era (which is why I'm already confused about the Daises lead...)

Lextyr97
9 hours ago, Xoxo Adriana said:

i tried convincing myself this was a fan made album artwork

tenor.gif

on a serious note, it’s whats on the album that matters. don’t judge an album by its cover basically :vegas: i’m living for the fun circus theme and that she went with “Smile” as the album title. she can work this properly into an era and she has a cool theme for the future tour so i’m here for it in a sense.

also remember back in 2017 when everyone on here hated the Witness cover and album title? literally witness teas. this one will be a grower too, give it some time.

Witness aged like absolute milk. I liked it when it first came out and I can’t even listen now

Lextyr97

Are people really, like REALLY trying to give her credit for this sad clown aesthetic as if it’s something new...

Joker?

Madonna’s Tears of a Clown tour?

The damn clown from Toy Story?

I’m not trying to say the concept sucks or that it’s “reductive,” but people are really trying to make this out to be some sophisticated theme that’s rarely been tackled before... lmao

Anyways, I kinda wish there wasn’t any text at all and just her. Idk she looks great but nothing else does

Archived