💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Bella Hadid ENDS Instagram for censoring Palestine post

Bambino

Featured Posts

Bambino

A few days ago, the 23-year-old, who is of Dutch and Palestinian descent, shared a photograph of her father’s expired American passport, which stated his place of birth as Palestine on her Instagram Story, writing “My baba and his birthplace of Palestine.” 

bella-inset.jpg

On Tuesday, Hadid revealed to her 31.4 million Instagram followers that the post was taken down, as it allegedly breached Instagram’s company guidelines.

The California-bred model explained to her followers: “Instagram removed my story that only said ‘My baba And his birthplace of Palestine’ with a photograph of his American passport. @instagram exactly what part of me being proud of my father’s birthplace of Palestine is ‘bullying, harassment, graphic or sexual nudity?’” she wrote. 

bella-inset-2.jpg

“Are we not allowed to be Palestinian on Instagram? This, to me, is bullying. You can’t erase history by silencing people. It doesn’t work like that,” she added alongside a screenshot of a notification she received from the social media platform that stated that her post was removed for going against community guidelines. 

Not one to back down, the model re-posted the passport photo, which currently remains on her social media feed, and wrote “Do you want him to change his birth place for you? Everyone should post where their mother and fathers were born today! Remind them how proud you are of where you come from! I am proud to be Palestinian.” 

It is not entirely clear why Instagram deemed the post to go against its community guidelines, but Hadid was flooded with support from fans on social media. “Bella Hadid just ended Instagram and we love to see,” wrote one user.

Source

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eighteen

this is weird. i'm guessing the implication here is that instagram is really pro-israel? 

? weird ? 

CyanLights

This seems bizarre, maybe posting personal legal documents like passports is prohibited but I highly doubt it. 

HEARTSTOP
4 minutes ago, CyanLights said:

This seems bizarre, maybe posting personal legal documents like passports is prohibited but I highly doubt it. 

I believe this is it. It is illegal to share legal document info online, specially when it's not yours.

She could try and repost it with sensitive info blurred out, with the same message. If they still take it down, then she'll know they're anti-Palestine.

IDGAF

Lord Temptation

Preach, Kween of fashion! and geography :tony: :lana::staymad:

RenegAde

Her post was a repost, was the original post deleted too because if it wasn't it may be that she posted someone else's legal doc 

Regina George
2 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

I believe this is it. It is illegal to share legal document info online, specially when it's not yours.

Yea that’s definitely not it. Instagram girls are posting their and their friends passports whenever they are traveling somewhere. I also can post like 10 posts where people posted their passports on their profile. This is clearly not it. 

Bradley

Her case would be stronger if she hadn't used a legal document WITH A SIGNATURE. :air:

I mean does she realise that her dad's signature, passport, and passport photo are displayed to the world?

CyanLights
Just now, Regina George said:

Yea that’s definitely not it. Instagram girls are posting their and their friends passports whenever they are traveling somewhere. I also can post like 10 posts where people posted their passports on their profile. This is clearly not it. 

maybe cause it wasnt her passport? I know in the instagram rules theres something like not allowing to share others personal information - but if this is the case its kinda dumb. its obviously an old passport and seems a little bias considering their recent controversies

FfFfFfFF
6 minutes ago, Eighteen said:

this is weird. i'm guessing the implication here is that instagram is really pro-israel? 

? weird ? 

Instagram is basically an American company. USA is very pro-Israel so this isn't surprising.

HEARTSTOP
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

I'm sure when you have 30M followers, it's easier to spot than some random tweens.

IDGAF

Bambino
1 minute ago, CyanLights said:

maybe cause it wasnt her passport? I know in the instagram rules theres something like not allowing to share others personal information - but if this is the case its kinda dumb. its obviously an old passport and seems a little bias considering their recent controversies

Not sure if you're up-to-date on the Palestine thing, but Palestinian content in general gets constantly removed by Facebook and Instagram.

alsemanche

It's not the first time Instgram censors posts related to Palestine. I always see photos and videos flagged as sensitive media for mentioning Palestine, or entirely removed, same thing with FB. And like... IG is owned by FB, an American company so obviously they'd be pro-Israel so am I really surprised? 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Sneaky Oliver

I don’t think it has anything to do with Palestine though, Just the fact that she posted someone else’s documents (even if it’s her father, Instagram can’t be sure if he consented with it) 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Regina George
1 minute ago, HEARTSTOP said:

I'm sure when you have 30M followers, it's easier to spot than some random tweens.

Post that I’m talking about is made by a pretty popular male model. He posted his passport on his story few weeks ago and I remember it. 

Archived