💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rolling Stone: Dua Lipa, Doja Cat paved the way fro Chromatica

Bambino

Featured Posts

Bambino

The success of “Don’t Start Now” and “Say So” may have open the floodgates for more disco success stories: Lady Gaga’s Chromatica pulls heavily from Nineties house culture, the spiritual child of peak- and post-disco. Jessie Ware’s What’s Your Pleasure? is the genre in its purest form, a tribute to Donna Summer, Fern Kinney, and Sylvester’s dance floor heartache, lust, and ecstasy.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephen

More like a zeitgeist thing. Chromatica was basically finished for a while.

Chromatography

lady gaga’s success paved the way for lady gaga’s success 

WildAmerican

but would any of these girls exist without The Fame and Just Dance 

rihanna-birthday-horoscope-meme-00.jpg

AlexanderMagno

I do agree that a few songs from last year paved the way for Chromatica, but I don't think it was Doja Cat or Dua Lipa.

But I do think a wave of 90s revival started in Europe, and now major artists are trying to pick it up.

Dance pop has never left Europe. You can still listen to a lot of pop, dance pop, synth, and all that, in European radios (obviously, globalization make people stream and buy popular songs from all over the world, including the bigger rap hits from the USA, but European radios pick dance pop hits much more easily than rap hits).

And every now and then, mainstram artists look for these pop tendencies in Europe. I think that's the case here.

I think MEDUZA is actually the band behind the House/90s revival. They had two big house hits in Europe, and both songs were actually promoted as a House comeback. And I think major pop stars, like Gaga, saw the opportunity of a genre that is grabbing people's ears.

weed

so chromatica was actually made in 2 months in 2020, okay rolling stone 

Glamourpuss

Lady Gaga Eye Roll GIF by Jimmy Kimmel Live

What a load of BS. People will say anything to discredit Gaga. 

venusfly

I disagree but because chromatica failed to escape the gay campy pop bubble when FN and Doja managed to.

Aga Gydal

People really think two albums released within the same quarter inspired each other

• Admin locked this topic

Archived