⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

💌 fan envelope 💌
Sign in to follow this  
society

Multiple children gunned down Independence weekend

Chris Thomason
Posted (edited)

Secoriea Turner was shot on Saturday night near the Wendy's restaurant where black man Rayshard Brooks was killed by a white police officer on 12 June.

Over the 4 July weekend - which saw Americans celebrate Independence Day - several other children also lost their lives in shootings.

According to officials, Secoriea was in the car with her mother and another adult when the driver attempted to pass through illegally placed barricades. They were trying to get into a car park, but the entrance was blocked by armed individuals.

Someone in the group opened fire on the car, hitting it multiple times and striking the child.

https://news.sky.com/story/secoriea-turner-eight-year-old-girl-among-several-children-shot-dead-over-independence-day-weekend-12022188

Spoiler

I've just heard about this tragic loss of life, I'm shocked and saddened. This happened near the Wendy's where Rayshard Brooks was killed, that Wendy's has been burned down since. According to news outlets where her mother was attempting to enter a parking lot where a group of individuals illegally placed barricades. This wasn't just 1 shooter.

This story even reports that multiple children were shot over the independence day weekend.
https://news.sky.com/story/secoriea-turner-eight-year-old-girl-among-several-children-shot-dead-over-independence-day-weekend-12022188

This is her parents addressing the public. Her mother claims the shooters shot out her tyres as she was trying to make a U-turn to get out of there when her daughter Secoriea was shot in the back and died from her injuries (a detail I'm not seeing being mentioned in news articles)

Please America, wake up. This violence isn't helping anyone.

Edited by FATCAT
  • Sad 12

zebulonpyke

Where is confirmation that this was done by BLM protestors? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Xoxo Adriana
11 minutes ago, zebulonpyke said:

the headline of that video says “you killed your own”, so it’s most likely an assumption. i won’t believe it till i see a proper confirmation/record of who did it.

• Thanks 1

Chris Thomason
26 minutes ago, zebulonpyke said:

Aside from this place being the site of frequent protests, the Atlanta mayor and her parents quite clearly addressed BLM as a movement. Is her mother that was present at the shooting really going to allow others to say BLM "killed one of your own" if it wasn't them?

• Like 1

JRCF29
23 minutes ago, Xoxo Adriana said:

the headline of that video says “you killed your own”, so it’s most likely an assumption. i won’t believe it till i see a proper confirmation/record of who did it.

that's not the headline, it's a quote from the family

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Pennywise

I'll take this with a grain of salt until there is absolute proof, since we know how badly they want to squash down the movement.

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 7

Xoxo Adriana
2 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

that's not the headline, it's a quote from the family

ok my bad it looked like a headline:flop: i think regardless, whoever did this, blm protestor or not it shouldn’t be blamed on the blm movement or protestors as a whole. whoever did this is a sick individual and protestors don’t claim them.

• Like 1

zebulonpyke
25 minutes ago, Chris Thomason said:

Aside from this place being the site of frequent protests, the Atlanta mayor and her parents quite clearly addressed BLM as a movement. Is her mother that was present at the shooting really going to allow others to say BLM "killed one of your own" if it wasn't them?

I’m saying that in a court of law, it would be incredibly difficult to actually prove that. It’s conjecture at best, especially considering that, to my knowledge, they have not apprehended the culprits, thus have no real means of ascertaining motive. 

zebulonpyke

Thank you for changing the headline. 

dit

guns need to be made illegal in the US. I am sick and tired with the narrative of "guns don't kill...people kill" ok...but like guns FACILITATE the killing immensely. Without guns you would not see murders happen this often and this devastatingly because it would be done with other less lethal and effective weapons like knives etc...guns literally are the curse of the United States. 

• Love 1

LadyGoo

This is usually what ends the protests/riots when they do occur, as they occur pretty regularly in America for some reason :wtfga:

Twitter

post GIF

American news and social networking service.

CautiousLurker
51 minutes ago, Chris Thomason said:

Is her mother that was present at the shooting really going to allow others to say BLM "killed one of your own" if it wasn't them?

According to the article she said 'you killed one of your own THIS TIME' - that's not exactly an accurate statement to make, the protesters don't have a habit of murdering the opposition - idk if you've noticed :yennefer:

My best guess is that she said that while still being stricken with grief - it wasn't a statement made with respect to what she personally observed and could reasonably conclude, and probably the easiest way to process what happened is to attach the killing to the protests - cuz otherwise it means this was just a senseless act that lead to her child's death, and that might be a harder reality to grapple with...

this thread is now officially sexualized | he/him/huntim