Imagine stanning her for her music but all she serves is make-up. :flop:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teletubby
14 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Imagine stanning her for her music but all she serves is make-up. :flop:

She also still serves lingerie

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

numb the flame
33 minutes ago, justhislife said:

Also, TF and TFM are EPs, while every Rihanna album consists of 11+ songs.

The standard US pressing of The Fame consists of fourteen songs with some editions of The Fame consisting up to nineteen tracks. Please see the link below to @GagaXCollection beautiful website for the US pressing's tracklist

https://www.ladygagaxcollection.com/the-fame/the-fame-us

That's so rude and money hungry. She's not even an album artist tbh. She relies on her quick little hits that make her albums successful. It's crazy how We Found Love and Where have you been were one of the biggest hits of 2012, yet her album only sold 1 million copies in 2011/12. That's embarrassing. Lost respect for her....

Mr S

This is exactly what I said Everytime someone creates a Rihanna thread. Rihanna the singer is over

TortureMeOnReplay
7 minutes ago, spamuelbtanner said:

The standard US pressing of The Fame consists of fourteen songs with some editions of The Fame consisting up to nineteen tracks. Please see the link below to @GagaXCollection beautiful website for the US pressing's tracklist

https://www.ladygagaxcollection.com/the-fame/the-fame-us

I'm a flop.

paradox

she's a boss and a business woman. she's ventured into different industries and successfully made herself a brand. she's actually really admirable and if she doesn't enjoy making music anymore then i'm happy she's clearly doing other things of quality that are making her happy and making her money

TortureMeOnReplay
19 minutes ago, moonsago said:

Sales are TRAGIC these days. The fact that we were excited to MAYBE reach over 250k with Chromatica is hilarious in the most sad way. And you know whats even more hilarious and sad? That that’s a lot compared to newer artists that are supposed to be hot and young and on the wave and make more money than our fav that’s been going at it for over a dacade also. Music as a business is slowly dying and needs a reinvention ASAP. Ya’ll will hate me for bringing kpop up but unless you are a kpop idol, you are not selling. And its ridiculous how in America, the ‘biggest market’ for music, the biggest artists are struggling to sell their music while in that small country those groups sell millions in a week. Thats because streaming ruined the west, no wonder they are not rushing to switch to streaming in the east. Gone are the days when we will see musicians become millionaires as quick as Gaga’s generations did, which was the last to do so. So as much as I want a good Riri album too, all I can say is you go girl, you worked hard for so long, make that easy money now and live your best life. 

Sales don't equally mean consumption though and are based on a formula based on companies. 1250 paid streams equal one sale. A streamed sale is still around $5.46 (though it varies among artists, this is the lowest rate reported). It's comparably lower than what an album sells for retail, but there is no manufacturing, distribution, or retail cut. Taylor Swift still made $185 million without touring last year. They might be making a bit less, but it's not laughable and they're nowhere near starving. Streaming also rids of several restraints such as limited disc space, which will allow for even longer tracklists.

janetjackson

You all say this, but I imagine if Gaga didn't release Stupid Love before quarantine, she wouldn't have released the album. She said it herself. She was hesitant to release the project. 

I support any major touring artist putting their music on hold until they can properly promote it. At the end of the day, there are so many parties banking money on them: the label, managers, promotors, agents, advertisers, etc. You have to make it lucrative for everyone involved. That's the name of the game in the music industry.

Sister

I will miss her instant hooky jams:fthis:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

hoeslay

At this point the album has been many iterations. Remember the 2 album idea? Ugh that would've slapped. I appreciate her grind though and I think the best bet for her is to release the album (which I'm sure will be a completely new concept by the time we get there) after the pandemic has significantly faded. So maybe like 2023? :ohwell:

and I'm being pretty serious about 2023 lol

COOOK
4 minutes ago, hoeslay said:

At this point the album has been many iterations. Remember the 2 album idea? Ugh that would've slapped. I appreciate her grind though and I think the best bet for her is to release the album (which I'm sure will be a completely new concept by the time we get there) after the pandemic has significantly faded. So maybe like 2023? :ohwell:

and I'm being pretty serious about 2023 lol

I hope the fate of this album won’t be similar in any way to Fergie’s Double Dutchess: after way too many pushbacks, it became completely dated and tanked hard.

Rihanna‘s following won’t let that happen, however I’m sure the album’s just sitting there while the music industry’s moving forward... Unless she double checks and updates (?) it when she decides it’s time to put it out.

memomemome

I started to think Rihanna is like Rockstar.

Giving no info about GTA VI to extend the life of already profitable GTA V :ladyhaha:

giving no info about R9 to extend the life of ANTI

Archived