🌎 𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭 - 𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡𝔴𝔦𝔡𝔢 🌏

charts

Charts Discussion

Harry Kat
17 minutes ago, Zak said:

Yeah we need to do one ASAP. Why is she charting this low with a #1 song. 

You obviously don't know how charts work! What does a #1 song have to do with the album's chart run? Rain On Me hit the #1 spot almost 9 months ago :billie: The only way to keep the album charting for many many months is promo! Something that Chromatica didn't have! So, the fact that the album is still charting is a miracle! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Zak
30 minutes ago, Harry Kat said:

You obviously don't know how charts work! What does a #1 song have to do with the album's chart run? Rain On Me hit the #1 spot almost 9 months ago :billie: The only way to keep the album charting for many many months is promo! Something that Chromatica didn't have! So, the fact that the album is still charting is a miracle! 

I do lmao. She’s literally charting below albums that are 5,6,7 years old. Singles are supposed to carry an album. It shouldn’t be this low. 

• Like 1

JustTea
52 minutes ago, Zak said:

I do lmao. She’s literally charting below albums that are 5,6,7 years old. Singles are supposed to carry an album. It shouldn’t be this low. 

Then you should realize that Chromatica had only 2 singles, with 5 it would chart much higher... Same with ARTPOP. :madge:

• Like 2

Freddy
1 hour ago, Zak said:

The Fame and ASIB are charting higher than LG6 because the total overall streams of their singles are surpassing Chromatica, and all have excellent recurrent streaming numbers in the US.

Chromatica only had ROM  (that left the hot 100 ages ago) , and is slightly losing steams right now, with Spotify updates below 1m (Stupid Love didnt do much for the album in the US). The Fame (Monster) is supported by 7 singles and ASIB is supporting by the monster single known as 'Shallow' (and incredible streams for ARUTW for a non-single. Considering the situation we are in right now (aka a dead era since last September) , It makes total sense that both albums are charting above Chromatica.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Freddy

I personally think its great that Gaga casually has 3 albums in the top 200 without releasing new music for almost a year.

The streaming success, and interest for her music, is real :applause:

• Like 9

ConnorFilm
2 hours ago, Freddy said:

The Fame and ASIB are charting higher than LG6 because the total overall streams of their singles are surpassing Chromatica, and all have excellent recurrent streaming numbers in the US.

Chromatica only had ROM  (that left the hot 100 ages ago) , and is slightly losing steams right now, with Spotify updates below 1m (Stupid Love didnt do much for the album in the US). The Fame (Monster) is supported by 7 singles and ASIB is supporting by the monster single known as 'Shallow' (and incredible streams for ARUTW for a non-single. Considering the situation we are in right now (aka a dead era since last September) , It makes total sense that both albums are charting above Chromatica.

While Stupid Love lasted about as long as a Grindr hookup on the charts, I am happy to see the song at 230.5M streams on Spotify. It's doable for the song to hit 300M the long run. I remember some users saying SL would struggle to hit 200M-plus on Spotify in its first year.

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 4

Harry Kat
3 hours ago, Zak said:

We have many 5,6,7,10 years old albums that are charting higher not only than Chromatica but other recent albums too. And this is because of their bigger singles streams! The Fame (Monster) has 7 singles, ASIB has Shallow and ARUTW and even INLA! Chromatica has only ROM carrying the whole album since SL was front loaded! One single can't carry the whole era for ever! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Freddy
16 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

While Stupid Love lasted about as long as a Grindr hookup on the charts, I am happy to see the song at 230.5M streams on Spotify. It's doable for the song to hit 300M the long run. I remember some users saying SL would struggle to hit 200M-plus on Spotify in its first year.

Indeed, Stupid Love surpassed my own expectations. It also did quite well in Canada/UK, and might end up being a solo platinum top 5 hit there. We've seen worse :applause:

MANiCURE1295

February Daily Streams

Week 1 — 59.6M

Week 2 — 57.86M

Week 3 — 57.91M 

Day 22 — 8.09M

Total — 183.46M

2020 vs 2021 Monthly Streams

Jan 20/21 — 175.1M / 247.81M (+72.71M)

Feb 20/21 — 180M / 183.46M

2020/21 Total  — 3.340B / 428.09M

Notes: 
Biggest Day of the Year - Jan 22 — 9M

Biggest Day of the Month - Feb 05 — 8.84M

GAGA OFFICIALLY PASSED HER FEBRUARY 2020 TOTAL 

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 2

Noir

Spotify achievements today (23.02.21)

Shallow crosses 1.413b streams (1,413,035,543)

Rain On Me crosses 533m streams (533,618,597)

Just Dance crosses 363m streams (363,133,606)

You And I crosses 104m streams (104,036,187)

Eh, Eh (NEICS) crosses 42m streams (42,012,274)

Fun Tonight crosses 32m streams (32,011,191)

Electric Chapel crosses 11m streams (11,001,153)

4pV6.gif

• Like 6

Justin Drew Bieber
7 hours ago, Zak said:

Those older albums were able to create a legacy and even big hits during their time of release, which led several of them to becoming “classics” and people still stream them years later. Chromatica hasn’t really worked on building a legacy of its own due to no promo.

• Like 3

Genuine Guy 09
3 hours ago, ConnorFilm said:

While Stupid Love lasted about as long as a Grindr hookup on the charts

:air:

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight
  • LMAO 2

Zak
4 hours ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

Those older albums were able to create a legacy and even big hits during their time of release, which led several of them to becoming “classics” and people still stream them years later. Chromatica hasn’t really worked on building a legacy of its own due to no promo.

I agree with you on that, but it shouldn’t be this low. Lover by Taylor barely has any hits and it’s charting in the thirties. Billies EP is charting high with no hit singles. It should be in the top 100 at least, not 185.  

Justin Drew Bieber
13 minutes ago, Zak said:

I agree with you on that, but it shouldn’t be this low. Lover by Taylor barely has any hits and it’s charting in the thirties. Billies EP is charting high with no hit singles. It should be in the top 100 at least, not 185.  

I think it just boils down to it not resonating with the gp :/