💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Charts Discussion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

LIKELADYAGAGA
15 minutes ago, Freddy said:

This will probably perform like GUY (top 80 with a video push / out) but im fine with it.:golfclap:

The video is incredible and got amazing reviews. Im just glad she released something from the album after it dropped (something that seems pretty rare these days for pop female artists).

We aren't even 24 hours in and you're assuming it's going to flop. Legit every hit single starts out with numbers like this if it isn't the lead. At this point, there is still not a reason to believe this won't go #1. I'm trying to be dramatic with my example to show that 24 hours is not enough to know anything about how a single will perform. Everybody thought Shallow would flop so hard 24 hours after release. I get that you don't want to jinx it, but putting out negative assumptions only makes monsters react as if they don't have a shot which causes us not to stream/buy as much. 

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Monster7 said:

500k is low, but the mv was not released at the beginning of spotify friday so I'm hoping for a higher number tomorrow

That is right, but at the same time Saturday numbers are usually lower than Friday ones. Don’t expect a significant increase in tomorrow’s update.

12 minutes ago, LIKELADYAGAGA said:

We aren't even 24 hours in and you're assuming it's going to flop. Legit every hit single starts out with numbers like this if it isn't the lead. At this point, there is still not a reason to believe this won't go #1. I'm trying to be dramatic with my example to show that 24 hours is not enough to know anything about how a single will perform. Everybody thought Shallow would flop so hard 24 hours after release. I get that you don't want to jinx it, but putting out negative assumptions only makes monsters react as if they don't have a shot which causes us not to stream/buy as much. 

I always said i expected a GUY type chart run for this tho, even before the video dropped. Post Album singles are almost none existent now in the US, only Watermelon Sugar did well (and this was incredibly rare). Comparing 911 to Shallow is also not the same situation.

'The Man' by Taylor went top80 / out when the video got released (as far as i know), and that was with early radio support, we have 0 spins right now. We should expect similar numbers / a similar chart run imo.

I am in no way trying to be negative here btw, im pleased with the whole 911 era right now. (Spotify updates , video views, etc). If this ends up performing really well i will just be pleasently surprised :vegas:

Chromatica II             22,336,489   +173,475

Sine From Above       24,462,172    +133,721

they were below 100k/day last week

Assuming we have (worst case) 0 radio spin ,0 sales and 0 US stream (lol), how many million views from the video would we need to enter the hot 100 ?

Do we know what are the usual points for songs between #80 and #100 ?

I would love to be proven wrong, but if you are expecting this song to be a chart hit, then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. I’m sure Gaga’s team isn’t even aiming for that route.

Although we know this is her new single, I don’t think it will be heavily promoted like past ones. If I could take a guess, I’d say Gaga just really enjoys this song (plus a few others) and wanted to give them a little exposure (videos, performances, etc)

Plus, didn’t Gaga say a few years ago that she would rather promote the album as a whole rather than promote individual singles? This would explain situations when Gaga performed album tracks at high profile events (such as Dope at the YouTube awards in 2013, ARTPOP on the tonight show in 2014, or Joanne/Ayo on many TV shows throughout 2016 and 2017, etc). And wasn’t BLACKPINK supposed to have a few performances with Gaga this era before the pandemic? I’m sure that song was never meant to be a proper radio/heavily promoted single either, but I’m it still most likely would have had a music video 

edit: forgot to add the videos for John Wayne, Joanne, all the C2C videos, plus the rumoured ones for Chromatica. We could add the videos from ASIB too, as only Shallow was really the promoted single of that era

3 minutes ago, Freddy said:

Assuming we have (worst case) 0 radio spin ,0 sales and 0 US stream (lol), how many million views from the video would we need to enter the hot 100 ?

Do we know what are the usual points for songs between #80 and #100 ?

It'd need around 50 points to chart. Since Billboard doesn't count YouTube streams from non-logged-in users, it's pretty much impossible to do it.

CrimeanMiracle

Shoot an expensive video in advance (even with a sponsor) and not make the song a single? Hmm, it's kind of weird if they're actually looking at a song on the charts right now without any support. It will be very disappointing if such a stunning clip is left without support. In any case, thank you Gaga for such a gift.

Buy and stream “Chromatica”

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
  • PartySick unpinned and pinned this topic
  • PartySick unpinned this topic

Archived