Charts Discussion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Biagio2103
30 minutes ago, Mr S said:

Does the ROM performance on YT count as streaming towards the hot 100 like how Shallows Oscar video did?

I think it depends on whether Interscope claim it or not. They will probably do it, but since she performed three songs, the streams may be splitted equally for 911, ROM and SL, so the effect will not make a huge difference.

I'm only good at being bad

JustJames
18 hours ago, LGMonster95 said:

Or more like Gaga's decision since her main focus on A Star Is Born was actually acting and not throw the focus away for her singing career. Also Shallow was really ignored by the radios even when it went #1, I don't think it would have been different with ARUTW

This doesn't make sense; campaigning was over by the time ARUTW should’ve been released (post-Oscars performance hype). The choice to focus on Shallow in the leadup to Awards season was smart (early articles discussed potentially having multiple entries in the Best Original Song category for example), but after Shallow hit #1, there was nothing to lose/a lot to gain in a 2nd single.

ASIB was the #4 selling album of 2018 and 2019 w/ a 78 MC yet was overlooked for a Grammy nom because it was stale (1+ year old by the time of the Ceremony). Releasing ARUTW in March w/ performances at Grammys, Billboard Awards, Apollo Theater, and Enigma would’ve given the hype focus; even without Radio/Charting higher than 41, sales+streams would’ve increased enough to clock extra weeks on the BB100 and boost its and ASIB sales/Grammy chances.

More likely, after Shallow clawed to #1 and became a monster hit, Radio would’ve been happy to play it and a multi-week Top 5 run was almost guaranteed. 2 WW hits w/ Top 5 US peaks would’ve made ASIB hard to deny in AOTY and ARUTW may have stolen SOTY from Bad Guy since that was its weakest category. 

ConnorFilm
1 minute ago, Levitating said:

Second wind methinks

It should be in the top 20 in all honesty but I’ll take it 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

LGMonster95
2 minutes ago, JustJames said:

This doesn't make sense; campaigning was over by the time ARUTW should’ve been released (post-Oscars performance hype). The choice to focus on Shallow in the leadup to Awards season was smart (early articles discussed potentially having multiple entries in the Best Original Song category for example), but after Shallow hit #1, there was nothing to lose/a lot to gain in a 2nd single.

ASIB was the #4 selling album of 2018 and 2019 w/ a 78 MC yet was overlooked for a Grammy nom because it was stale (1+ year old by the time of the Ceremony). Releasing ARUTW in March w/ performances at Grammys, Billboard Awards, Apollo Theater, and Enigma would’ve given the hype focus; even without Radio/Charting higher than 41, sales+streams would’ve increased enough to clock extra weeks on the BB100 and boost its and ASIB sales/Grammy chances.

More likely, after Shallow clawed to #1 and became a monster hit, Radio would’ve been happy to play it and a multi-week Top 5 run was almost guaranteed. 2 WW hits w/ Top 5 US peaks would’ve made ASIB hard to deny in AOTY and ARUTW may have stolen SOTY from Bad Guy since that was its weakest category. 

It actually makes a lot of sense especially for Gaga which she wanted to be remembered for her acting on that era and not to transform it into a normal "Lady Gaga" era, just imagine how many people would have said that she only played in that movie to make her music career relevant again. I think this is what she wanted since she never performed any other song from the soundtrack other than Shallow, it doesn't relate to her and her as an artist that much. She even said that she wanted to move on from it because it was kinda like affecting her emotionally. Anyway I still don't think that the radios would not have helped ARUTW that much in US since they didn't help Shallow at all to reach #1 even after she won the Grammys and Oscars, they did it after that just because they felt like forced to do it

31 minutes ago, JustJames said:

Agreed. Plus as much as I'm not a fan of the song as much as others are, it's a perfect Hot AC song. It has perfect structure for radio unlike Shallow. So there's a chance it becomes a multiweek #1 on Hot AC and AC.

Not releasing it was truly a puzzling decision.

ArtpopAct2
7 minutes ago, Gaby15 said:

Is it bad that I’m rooting for shallow downfall... really don’t want it to be considered her signature track over BR or PF:bradley:

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
  • PartySick unpinned and pinned this topic
  • PartySick unpinned this topic

Archived