Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Charts Discussion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

Just now, Nemanja said:

billboard dont cound boundle anymore.

They do if the album is a separate add on like you buy a ticket and then “do you wish to purchase this album” is a thing at the end 

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Runway said:

Joanne sold 170k without bundles

but it had promo on first week carpool karaoke, dive bar, and discount after few days

and its a pop album

MANiCURE1295

February Daily Spotify Streams

Day 1 — 7.83M

Day 2 — 8.12M

Total — 15.95M

2020 vs 2021 Monthly Streams

Jan 20/21 — 175.1M / 247.81M (+72.71M)

Feb 20/21 — 180M / 15.95M

JustTea
42 minutes ago, Nemanja said:

but it had promo on first week carpool karaoke, dive bar, and discount after few days

and its a pop album

56 minutes ago, ghs said:

C2C was released in 2014:billie: and ASIB had a MAJOR movie behind it plus the songs were commercial not jazz covers.

The new jazz album will probably do around 50k max/ Top 5 on BB200.

So what, if even half of their stans buy the album (just because) it should sell atleast 80k pure first week. :oops:

emig09

LMs are the worst predictors. Always underestimating Gaga's impact so please just read the numbers :huntyga:

gay engineer

9 minutes ago, JustTea said:

So what, if even half of their stans buy the album (just because) it should sell atleast 80k pure first week. :oops:

We will see, i wish them all the best. Well i will for sure not buy jazz album, i don't like jazz. But i am happy for them, she really like Tony.

JustTea
7 minutes ago, emig09 said:

LMs are the worst predictors. Always underestimating Gaga's impact so please just read the numbers :huntyga:

Ikr :billie:

Half of LM's here predicted Chromatica to debut below 100k... :sharon:

JustTea
2 minutes ago, Nemanja said:

We will see, i wish them all the best. Well i will for sure not buy jazz album, i don't like jazz. But i am happy for them, she really like Tony.

I bought C2C physical + iTunes just for charts and support, even though I didn't like jazz at all back then... :awkney:

PatrickMonster

We have to remember to keep our expectations low this time around when we talk about the next jazz album. As we all know, Tony might not be able to do much promo for it, and Gaga is possibly not the kind of person who would do it alone, or do much for it. Also remember, that when Cheek to Cheek was released in 2014, Billboard still did not count streams for albums, so it had a much better chance. (correct me if I'm wrong). If there's gonna be any big streaming artist that week that puts out an album, its gonna really lower our chances. Unfortunately jazz music generates very low streams...

I really hope though that they can do some promo or some good idea to boots the sales, cuz it would be so amazing to see Tony breaking his own record once again as being the oldest living person to be number one on the Billboard 200, also Gaga would really deserve it as well, so fingers crossed, but don't be surprised if it's just a cute top 5 or so.

1 minute ago, JustTea said:

I bought C2C physical + iTunes just for charts and support, even though I didn't like jazz at all back then... :awkney:

Good for you...i only buy music i enjoy. I don't see the point in buying something I won't listen to

If her/team want another no.1 jazz album, they need to be very careful of which week to release and how they're going to promote without Tony present. 

Supersonic

Million Reasons could potentially end the year with 600M streams. The way this almost 5 year old song stabilized and is getting more recurrent streams per year than it got when it was a single :deadbanana: The fact that slowly but surely.... Million Reasons will crawl towards 1 billion streams on Spotify. Literally who would have thought in 2016, when we were in complete agony over its performance on radio and lack of Spotify playlisting.

LIKELADYAGAGA
14 hours ago, Nemanja said:

Chromatica had bundles with every product on her site and with tour. C3C will not have any promo, or anything to attach album. You will neither have streaming or singles to push album.

and we are in streaming era, and album sales are horrible low

Jazz albums serve an older demographic though that purchases more on iTunes and physical. Front-loaded sales numbers wouldn't be crazy.

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
  • PartySick unpinned and pinned this topic
  • PartySick unpinned this topic

Archived