Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Charts Discussion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, MoonIight said:

And Joanne had promo and Chromatica had 3 days of full promo and it still managed to match its sales. Your point? :bye:

Joanne’s UK stats are tragic. It shouldn’t be a standard for her to match.

On another note, Chromatica is currently charting below Lover in the UK. :bradley:

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaloo911

Just look at Chromatica's chart trajectory and performance and that will tell you all you need to know about why we're wondering about the (lack of any) strategy.

It's tumbling down the charts and will likely be OUT in most countries in the next few weeks unless actual promo comes.

The delusion in here about promo :toofunny:

She can tweet till she’s blocked for spam about Chromatica, it’s still only going to have a limited impact compared to live performances and interviews.

For the GP who see her tweet, they might check out a song/video/album but they’ll only do it once, they’re not stans who’re going to listen/watch repeatedly. 

if you scroll through her IG she’s posted the most recent HL photo shoot but pretty much everything else is Chromatica related (911, Billboard, VMA’s) 

Basically IG and tweets aren’t proper promo so stop whining that shes posted a few times about HL on her social media

Spotify achievements today (16.10.20) : 

Shallow crosses 1.284b streams (1,284,378,818)

Rain On Me crosses 399m streams (399,810,789)

Born This Way crosses 252m streams (252,086,903)

Paparazzi crosses 196m streams (196,067,960)

Stupid Love crosses 194m streams (194,105,981)

Sour Candy crosses 146m streams (146,497,398)

INLA (Extended) crosses 121m streams (121,074,252)

Replay crosses 28m streams (28,027,866)

Sine From Above crosses 27m streams (27,046,698)

Fun Tonight crosses 26m streams (26,017,091)

Hair crosses 26m streams (26,002,872)

Plastic Doll crosses 25m streams (25,019,523)

11.gif?resize=480,270

Plastic Doll becomes the 12th Chromatica track to reach the milestone of 25m streams. :bear:

Fun Tonight is curently Gaga's 67th (+2) most-streamed track, surpassing Hair and Sexxx Dreams:madge:

Rain On Me will reach 400m streams tomorrow and become the sixth Gaga track to do so! Have a great weekend guys! :sara:

CrimeanMiracle
4 minutes ago, Gagaloo911 said:

Just look at Chromatica's chart trajectory and performance and that will tell you all you need to know about why we're wondering about the (lack of any) strategy.

It's tumbling down the charts and will likely be OUT in most countries in the next few weeks unless actual promo comes.

Gaga released an amazing album that didn't get and probably won't get the attention it deserves, unfortunately. They probably don't need it, so we don't have to worry about the charts.

Buy and stream “Chromatica”

MaMaMarryTheNight
4 minutes ago, Smithy said:

The delusion in here about promo :toofunny:

She can tweet till she’s blocked for spam about Chromatica, it’s still only going to have a limited impact compared to live performances and interviews.

For the GP who see her tweet, they might check out a song/video/album but they’ll only do it once, they’re not stans who’re going to listen/watch repeatedly. 

if you scroll through her IG she’s posted the most recent HL photo shoot but pretty much everything else is Chromatica related (911, Billboard, VMA’s) 

Basically IG and tweets aren’t proper promo so stop whining that shes posted a few times about HL on her social media

Why not doing another performance then? 
why not doing a virtual concert? 

there are more than enough ways to promote your music. Even at this time. 

⚔️💖 THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUE💖⚔️

29 minutes ago, DrCake said:

Chromatica’s decline on the UK charts after the slayage ensured by ASIB is embarrassing and we can’t even defend it. It’s barely sitting at 120K units and it’s most probably going to leave the Top 100 next week. At this point, we can’t wish for a certification from this album.

Barely sitting at 120k units ? You do realize selling 120k units in the UK (in 2020) is a great success ? ASIB was an anomaly in her discography (sucess-wise at this stage of her career to me) so we should not compare Chromatica or any subsequent studio album to it.

Its already gold, and i low key never expected any platinum certification in the UK for it. Lots of female pop artist fail to even get a silver certification (60k) so being already gold is nothing to be ashamed about.

It did definitely good in the UK 

*I also dont understand why you are comparing four years of Joanne sales to six months of Chromatica :oprah:. We should either compare the first 6 months of both, or the first four years to have an even comparison. 

Kimblue
14 minutes ago, Gagaloo911 said:

This is just factually false. Where have you been?

It's not just one photoshoot and promo that was done for HL. There have been multiple product launches and promo campaigns since Chromatica was released, not to even mention all the times Gaga herself explicitly called out, mentioned, and promoted HL on her own Insta and social media since then.

Meanwhile, the posts and promo for Chromatica in comparison are non-existent.

You really seem to be living in an alternative reality (maybe on Chromatica?), but here on earth your comment is simply not true.

Naw, I just looked. Since June there more Chromatica things than Haus Labs. She recently posted several times for the newest HL shoot. But you have her randomly mentioning merch drop,the club quarantine, Gagavision, she had Gaga radio for 4 weeks, VMA announcement and teasing, posts about the VMA outfits, billboard photo shoot, 911 teasing and posts from the shoot.

you may not like that this era hasn’t been promoted as much as previous eras, but don’t hide behind Haus Labs just because you don’t like it.

LGMonster95
21 minutes ago, DrCake said:

With SL doing much better in the UK than in the US, ROM spending multiple weeks inside the Top 3 she had two real hits to push this record, but ended up barely matching Joanne numbers (130K), a record which had the #39 peaking Million Reasons and Perfect Illusion :bye:

It's a no brainer why Joanne did more, It's because the album was physically promoted a lot more and because of that, the album had more pure sales, imagine Joanne's sales overall with Chromatica promotion, It'll pretty much be very shitty. Chromatica is a success for her overall and an improve in comparison with Joanne because she did a lot better in streams which is the key factor in the streaming era

Global Chart Report (Mediatraffic) 

Chromatica - 25.000 (1.473.000)

A Star Is Born - 16.000 (6.199.000)

--------------------------------------------

The Album - New 171.000 (the sales from South Korea are added next week) 

Folklore - 60.000 (2.357.000)

Lover - 18.000 (3.979.000)

1989 - 10.000 (11.675.000)

Future Nostalgia - 36.000 (1.634.000)

When we all fall asleep... - 40.000 (7.124.000)

Manic - 20.000 (1.195.000)

Romance - 5.000 (1.025.000)

25 - 9.000 (22.618.000)

21 - 10.000 (30.283.000)

Thank You, Next - 11.000 (4.002.000)

I will fly on a challenger across the sky like a phoenix..

LGMonster95

It's obviously way easier to do a quick photoshoot and a few instagram posts about Haus Labs than actually promoting a whole album during a pandemic, an album that had its plains ruined tons of times already. As for the home/virtual performances, Bobby already said that you don't promote someone like Gaga with those kind of things (maybe because she might not like it or other things that we dont know). I said this before and I'll say it again, Gaga is NOT only a musician anymore, if she doesn't have promo plans for her album at the moment on her schedule for example, she'll start focusing on other things, that's how she'll always be from now on, y'all need to deal with this if the only thing you are interested is her music and her chart performance. I highly don't think this is the end for this album, I think they still have some things to say untill this era is truly over.  

MaMaMarryTheNight
1 hour ago, Gagaloo911 said:

This is just factually false. Where have you been?

It's not just one photoshoot and promo that was done for HL. There have been multiple product launches and promo campaigns since Chromatica was released, not to even mention all the times Gaga herself explicitly called out, mentioned, and promoted HL on her own Insta and social media since then.

Meanwhile, the posts and promo for Chromatica in comparison are non-existent.

You really seem to be living in an alternative reality (maybe on Chromatica?), but here on earth your comment is simply not true.

Watch the 2nd clip y’all :triggered:

⚔️💖 THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUE💖⚔️

Biagio2103

I'd like to point that every Haus Labs photoshoot was probably before COVID, maybe in January while SL was leaking, which was probably the reason why Gaga didn't release it earlier.

Jeffree Star has said multiple times that brands do all the image designing process months before the products are released. Gaga has been launching products because it was all already done, and if she waited any longer then the products will expire (Jeffree also pointed this when he released the Cremated Palette and received backlash).

Also remember that Gaga is not new in the industry, so she doesn't have to promote herself as much as Dua or Harry, and all the things they're doing, though taking security measures, they're still at risk, remember Doja Cat had COVID-19, it would seem very hipocrite for Gaga to go out and around promoting when she has said multiple times to respect quarantine, wear masks and stuff.

Yes, I wish we had more promo, but it is what it is.

I'm only good at being bad

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
  • PartySick unpinned and pinned this topic
  • PartySick unpinned this topic

Archived